U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 10:05 PM

53 posts, read 121,701 times

Advertisements

Please excuse the odd title (haha) but I'm basically torn between two areas to live, Lindbergh (the new Amli) and one of the two apartments in downtown Decatur Square. My two reasons to move are to be closer to work which is Emory off Clifton Road and also to meet more professional men. I'm also concerned with safety since I'll be by myself. I've had bad luck with the dating scene and want to maximize my chances of meeting someone. I want to meet men who are of the same caliber as me (if you saw the people I get on Match.com, you'd know what I mean!). Which should I choose (or any other suggestions)?

Last edited by starsweet; 11-22-2016 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 05:49 AM

3 posts, read 2,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsweet View Post
Please excuse the odd title (haha) but I'm basically torn between two areas to live, Lindbergh (the new Amli) and one of the two apartments in downtown Decatur Square. My two reasons to move are to be closer to work which is Emory off Clifton Road and also to meet more professional men. I'm also concerned with safety since I'll be by myself. I've had bad luck with the dating scene and want to maximize my chances of meeting someone. I want to meet men who are of the same caliber as me (if you saw the people I get on Match.com, you'd know what I mean!). Which should I choose (or any other suggestions)?

Your requirements for the man is too broad; I would advise you to be more specific.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:58 AM

1,428 posts, read 783,414 times
Star sweet, in my first reply I didn't answer your question. Lindbergh isn't really an area where you'll meet a ton of people. It's very car heavy and not a community type place. Decatur is a lot more community focused and will likely have more what you're looking for partner wise, however downtown Decatur is more of an established area and you'll probably meet tons of really great, educated, successful men...who are married and have children lol. I'd say your best bet to meet men is not in any neighborhood where you live but by going out to social events in the city, particularly around midtown, Virginia highland, etc.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:25 AM

4,011 posts, read 2,525,521 times
Www.meetup.com

Old 11-23-2016, 07:26 AM

What caliber are you?

Old 11-23-2016, 07:55 AM

292 posts, read 184,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Match? Your a woman im sure men approach YOU all the time(ugly or not) i dont get how a woman complains about finding men,you know im telling the truth.

You probably got a attitude though and fat lol

Actually I think it is the opposite. With all the special and outstanding single women out here these days, any man who says he can't find a woman either don't really want one, can't pick(kid in a candy store) or doesn't have themselves together. How many times have you looked at a males facebook page in which he "can't fine a nice woman" but yet 90% of his friends that he is saying this to are attractive women. Check yourself!!

Old 11-23-2016, 08:11 AM

1,428 posts, read 783,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekman243 View Post
Actually I think it is the opposite. With all the special and outstanding single women out here these days, any man who says he can't find a woman either don't really want one, can't pick(kid in a candy store) or doesn't have themselves together. How many times have you looked at a males facebook page in which he "can't fine a nice woman" but yet 90% of his friends that he is saying this to are attractive women. Check yourself!!
Can't pick? Kid in a candy store? We're talking about women, not Thanksgiving side dishes. Maybe the issue some women have is that they only seem to encounter men with this sort of mentality and they're not interested in the blatant disrespect.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Single men and women say the same thing. Is more than "finding someone" because finding anyone is easy but finding the right person can be challenging. Finding the right one these days is more detailed....

Is she from Atlanta? Does she want to move back home because Im not leaving Atlanta

Does she smoke or use drugs ? I dont so id rather that she doesnt either

Kids? How many does she have? Does she want any?

Can she cook? Does she like cooking?

How much debt is she in?

Are most of her ex's friends with her on FB?

What's her religious background? I believe in God so she cant be an atheist

Does she love spending or saving money?

How much is her student loan debt and does she expect for me to help her pay for it?

Etc etc etc

There is so much more than just finding someone. If they are just looking for sex then thats different but finding the one is hard. Thing is men are suppose to accept anything because she is a female but its ok for women to have standards. She can have just got out of jail, smoking dope and people will be like "awww she is ok. Work with her"

Old 11-23-2016, 08:55 AM

292 posts, read 184,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Single men and women say the same thing. Is more than "finding someone" because finding anyone is easy but finding the right person can be challenging. Finding the right one these days is more detailed....

Is she from Atlanta? Does she want to move back home because Im not leaving Atlanta

Does she smoke or use drugs ? I dont so id rather that she doesnt either

Kids? How many does she have? Does she want any?

Can she cook? Does she like cooking?

How much debt is she in?

Are most of her ex's friends with her on FB?

What's her religious background? I believe in God so she cant be an atheist

Does she love spending or saving money?

How much is her student loan debt and does she expect for me to help her pay for it?

Etc etc etc

There is so much more than just finding someone. If they are just looking for sex then thats different but finding the one is hard. Thing is men are suppose to accept anything because she is a female but its ok for women to have standards. She can have just got out of jail, smoking dope and people will be like "awww she is ok. Work with her"

Well, I don't know about you but I meet outstanding women everyday and wish I knew outstanding men I can introduce them too since I have already picked my outstanding woman. Again a man that has themselves together with the right priorities will meet special women everyday all day and their only problem is that they can have only one.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Well, I don't know about you but I meet outstanding women everyday and wish I knew outstanding men I can introduce them too since I have already picked my outstanding woman. Again a man that has themselves together with the right priorities will meet special women everyday all day and their only problem is that they can have only one.

Its way more detailed than that. Just because a man has his stuff together and has a job doesn't mean he will have women lined up to date them. Im not talking about Drake or professional sports players,etc. Generally speaking. Im talking about the average dude.

If that was the case it would be 0 men on dating sites in Atlanta. Most women are more interested in how much money he makes, how tall he is, how he dresses, if her girls approve him, if he likes animals if she is an animal lover, if he will allow her to stop working, is he fat, is she attracted to him, does she make more $$$ than him,etc.

Its not that black and white that a man with a job and good priorities is guaranteed a wonderful wife. If he is a midget, if he is fat, if he is missing teeth, if he has no "swag" if he is an atheist and she believes in God, if she is an animal lover and he hates animals, if she wants kids and he doesnt, etc it doesn't matter if he has is priorities together and a job

But this is starting to sound like a lifetime movie so im out.

Last edited by fieldm; 11-23-2016 at 10:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or