Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 07:13 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times

Advertisements

Between 10th and 5th st how is it like living there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 11:05 PM

770 posts, read 603,671 times
Good, I like it. I wanted an urban environment and it's about as close to it for comfortable every day walking, etc.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:32 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
That's a charming neighborhood. You've got the best of both worlds; a green leafy neighborhood in the middle of everything.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:55 AM

197 posts, read 184,043 times
I love it. The most convenient location in the city, it's in the middle of everything. Lots of new restaurants coming.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:49 PM

Nice. What are your pros and cons of it?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:10 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
That's a charming neighborhood. You've got the best of both worlds; a green leafy neighborhood in the middle of everything.
It really is. One of our kids lives over there and we had dinner with them last week. Great family neighborhood.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:23 PM

770 posts, read 603,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Nice. What are your pros and cons of it?
Walkability, like the different opportunities for walking if that's your thing, Piedmont Park, Georgia Tech, Peachtree St. (city walk), diverse enough. Of course being close to different entertainment venues is nice.

Like how central it is to everything, if I have to drive I can get most places quickly. It feels like we are a reverse commute compared to most other places in the city, since at 5 everyone is leaving and we're coming in and in the morning everyone's coming in when we're leaving relatively. Friend of ours lives just north in Buckhead and it takes 15-20 minutes longer both ways every day for the same job.

MARTA, love it for trips to the airport, it's just great, nothing easier than that.

Safe, comfortable, diverse, artistic, like the whole aspect of that, people of all ages, out most times of night, like being near a college campus, that's cool. I don't feel unsafe walking even 10-11 at night if I want.

Like the fact it's growing a lot, there is something constantly happening, new buildings going up, restaurants, etc.

I think the biggest negative for me is the restaurants, I just wish there were more quick things I wanted, ethnic food is a bit on the sparse side, we still find ourselves driving to go out more often than I'd like for specific tastes, not all the time, but enough, would be nice if more options, but as mentioned, that is changing quickly and some restaurants I like or intrigued by are coming to Midtown, but at the moment some of that is a waiting game still.

Related to the entertainment venues above, they are great, but wish they had more of what I wanted to see, just haven't utilized it as much as I'd like.

I'd also say I'd love the option to walk downtown, but it's not particularly desirable yet. In relation, below 5th is still a long work in progress.

In another related note, I'd also wish that there were less parking lots, there's still a lot of dead spots.

Finally, there are a decent amount of homeless in the area being so close to Peachtree Pine, it doesn't bother me, but it all depends on what you're comfortable with, so figure I'd mention it.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:14 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,855 times
Its nice. Growing and urban. Very safe, fully gentrified, little to no blight. Museums and culture.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:09 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
My friend lives in Midtown Plaza. It's nice there. She can roll out of bed and head down to Publix so easily.

My son is moving to the area next month. He's looking in that same area she lives in, he liked the vibe. He wants an apt/condo, not a house. He's coming from NYC so needs some hustle and bustle. Wants to be close to Marta due to not wanting a car, at least not now.

Going to ask my friend about the area OP mentioned from Midtown, sounds nice.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:15 PM

Great reviews!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: