U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2016, 10:24 AM
 
29,696 posts, read 27,123,188 times
Reputation: 18232

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Agree.

To arjay57: Tell me again why a developer would want to build a community for a group of people solely because those people have shown a talent and proclivity for breaking our country's laws? Good lord . . .
Because developers are businesspeople who only care about making money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2016, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Georgia
5,207 posts, read 4,263,933 times
Reputation: 3011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Relax. It's simply shorthand for what is, in fact, the legal status of this particular class of human beings. And I fail to see what is so hysterical about the post. The poster is simply stating a fact and then expressing their personal feeling based on said fact. They're owning it and not imposing their opinion on anyone else. Sounded reasonable to me.
No. You're not going to gaslight me like that when you were the one who literally described a fellow human being as illegal. And you're also wrong that they're not forcing their opinion on anybody else, because we just elected a completely unqualified joke of a president partly on a campaign to deport all the undocumented immigrants.

Take whatever position on this issue your heart desired, but your gaslighting attempts to just shush us up are categorically rejected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2016, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Georgia
5,207 posts, read 4,263,933 times
Reputation: 3011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
So you won't even consider the points made about four people dying at the hands of people that were illegally here and shouldn't have been because you think it's more important that the word illegals shouldn't be used ? I think you have your priorities out of order.
I don't care what you think of it. You are trying to act as if you are so pc and morally superior that you choose to ignore the points I was trying to make that it's obvious you aren't looking at facts, just looking for a reason to be butt hurt about something.
They are what they are. What is so hysterical about it outside of you being so offended that you would totally discount everything else said in the post?
Or is this a game of "Mother May I" where if i don't say what you consider the proper term it doesn't count?
All you did was be a critic. Why didn't you offer another term to use instead of illegal? Oh I get it, you just scour the forum for words you deem offensive to you and hope you can be the first to point it out.
So you're allowed to demean another human being but you get triggered when someone points it out. Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Formerly Pleasanton Ca, now in Marietta Ga
5,282 posts, read 4,023,521 times
Reputation: 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
So you're allowed to demean another human being but you get triggered when someone points it out. Got it.
Unfortunately your thick skull doesn't get it.
So like I said, four people lose their lives and you don't want to address the issue because you think the killers being called illegals is more important?
You never even responded with what is the PC term for an illegal, probably because it's never been an issue until you decided that you could try to make it one. Hooray for you, you,re such a worldly sensitive person.
Yes I get triggered when people like you are so wrapped up in trying to be be PC even when there is no reason to be and ignore important issues.
I'm sure the relatives of the deceased stand right behind you that the word illegal might be so important that it in your opinion is demeaning that it is way more important than the killings or problems at hand.
Your priorities are way out of wack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Formerly Pleasanton Ca, now in Marietta Ga
5,282 posts, read 4,023,521 times
Reputation: 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
No. You're not going to gaslight me like that when you were the one who literally described a fellow human being as illegal. And you're also wrong that they're not forcing their opinion on anybody else, because we just elected a completely unqualified joke of a president partly on a campaign to deport all the undocumented immigrants.

Take whatever position on this issue your heart desired, but your gaslighting attempts to just shush us up are categorically rejected.

Ooooh...."gaslighting"
You probably discovered that big word and have been dying to use it to make yourself appear so intelligent.
At least use it properly. Gas lighting is a form of psychological abuse. Wow are you so sensitive you think this poster is psychologically abusing you with his post??
Funny you say others are forcing their opinions on everyone else when you are in fact doing it just as much.
I get it, it's bad if someone else expresses their opinion but ok if you express your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 08:00 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
22,790 posts, read 34,826,617 times
Reputation: 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
No. You're not going to gaslight me like that when you were the one who literally described a fellow human being as illegal. And you're also wrong that they're not forcing their opinion on anybody else, because we just elected a completely unqualified joke of a president partly on a campaign to deport all the undocumented immigrants.

Take whatever position on this issue your heart desired, but your gaslighting attempts to just shush us up are categorically rejected.
Nobody is trying to suppress anyone's opinion here. Are we going to have a rational discussion here, or are we going to continue engaging in sandbox tantrums?
And it wasn't me who used the term 'illegal', it was another poster. I simply don't find the term as inflammatory as you apparently do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,243 posts, read 4,618,618 times
Reputation: 2739
Yeah, that's just a level of PC I can't get behind. I understand the idea that defining someone as illegal is unnecessary. But we all know that refers to "illegal immigrant". That level of PC offense needs to go away. It's things like that that help fuel the violent snap in direction that Trump represents. People are so tired of insta-offended and conversation silencing that the PC police like to try to enforce. It only hurts their cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 08:16 AM
 
29,247 posts, read 26,177,667 times
Reputation: 10208
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Yeah, that's just a level of PC I can't get behind. I understand the idea that defining someone as illegal is unnecessary. But we all know that refers to "illegal immigrant". That level of PC offense needs to go away. It's things like that that help fuel the violent snap in direction that Trump represents. People are so tired of insta-offended and conversation silencing that the PC police like to try to enforce. It only hurts their cause.
Good point, tiki.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Georgia
5,207 posts, read 4,263,933 times
Reputation: 3011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Unfortunately your thick skull doesn't get it.
So like I said, four people lose their lives and you don't want to address the issue because you think the killers being called illegals is more important?
You never even responded with what is the PC term for an illegal, probably because it's never been an issue until you decided that you could try to make it one. Hooray for you, you,re such a worldly sensitive person.
Yes I get triggered when people like you are so wrapped up in trying to be be PC even when there is no reason to be and ignore important issues.
I'm sure the relatives of the deceased stand right behind you that the word illegal might be so important that it in your opinion is demeaning that it is way more important than the killings or problems at hand.
Your priorities are way out of wack.
See, this is why we cannot have intelligent discussion about this matter. We would like to have a civil conversation about what to do about all the immigrants who are not legally present in a way that follows the law and does not destroy families. But apparently it is too difficult for you to simply choose different words that might not dehumanize humans. I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Georgia
5,207 posts, read 4,263,933 times
Reputation: 3011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Nobody is trying to suppress anyone's opinion here. Are we going to have a rational discussion here, or are we going to continue engaging in sandbox tantrums?
And it wasn't me who used the term 'illegal', it was another poster. I simply don't find the term as inflammatory as you apparently do.
So, just to confirm, you are okay with calling a living, breathing human being an "illegal"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top