U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2016, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Alpharetta, GA
285 posts, read 159,335 times
Reputation: 237

Advertisements

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2016/12/6/...g-apartments#0

I get that they're penthouse, 1,900+sq ft, but at $3/sq ft...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2016, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Johns Creek area
9,570 posts, read 8,629,542 times
Reputation: 5065
A fool and his money are easily parted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2016, 03:55 PM
 
Location: City of Atlanta
2,588 posts, read 1,500,012 times
Reputation: 3383
We've made it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2016, 04:14 PM
 
6,795 posts, read 6,595,922 times
Reputation: 5411
One thing I'll say about this current apartment boom is that a lot of people have a lot more money than I thought in Atlanta. That being said, the people renting this space should definitely be looking at the new 98 14th street building that's about to start pre-sales. Why would you rent for this much when you can own a 1 million dollar condo that will probably be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2016, 04:39 PM
 
9,916 posts, read 6,904,524 times
Reputation: 3022
Hey, finally topped the $2.9/SF in Alpharetta!


Here's What $5,070/Month rents at Alpharetta's Avalon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2016, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA (Sandy Springs)
3,547 posts, read 2,307,974 times
Reputation: 2776
Glad I decided to buy. The rents have been going through the roof lately. Once I gave my notice I was moving out of my current place, the landlord put up a new listing with the rent increased $300 over what I was paying and still had 4 showings in the first few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2016, 01:23 PM
 
631 posts, read 330,502 times
Reputation: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Glad I decided to buy. The rents have been going through the roof lately. Once I gave my notice I was moving out of my current place, the landlord put up a new listing with the rent increased $300 over what I was paying and still had 4 showings in the first few days.
Yeah glad we bought too, our rent was a lot, but finally found a relative deal in the market for the space 6 months back. Our guy put it back up for rent and it was taken within a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2016, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,244 posts, read 4,380,092 times
Reputation: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
One thing I'll say about this current apartment boom is that a lot of people have a lot more money than I thought in Atlanta.
I have had that same thought, who are these people? I work in the tech industry and other than executives, no one I know can afford this mess. It just seems like making well over 100k is assumed for anyone that wants to live in any new intown apartments. I mean, how much would it take to "afford" this place? 300k income seems like you would be stretching it.

I know 300k isn't rich, but its just surprising developers expect this much of a market for this income level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2016, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Historic West End
3,957 posts, read 3,257,336 times
Reputation: 3769
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Hey, finally topped the $2.9/SF in Alpharetta!


Here's What $5,070/Month rents at Alpharetta's Avalon
Who cares about Alphie? Damn Midtown! The new epicenter for Georgia. The social, political, and economic power that will be coming from this area will be staggering in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2016, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Historic West End
3,957 posts, read 3,257,336 times
Reputation: 3769
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I have had that same thought, who are these people? I work in the tech industry and other than executives, no one I know can afford this mess. It just seems like making well over 100k is assumed for anyone that wants to live in any new intown apartments. I mean, how much would it take to "afford" this place? 300k income seems like you would be stretching it.

I know 300k isn't rich, but its just surprising developers expect this much of a market for this income level.
If a 40,000 salary can get you a 200,000 home loan. I imagine a married couple of $120,000 or more income could support a midtown rental. I think foreigners and movie industry people could afford these rentals imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top