Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 07:27 AM

25 posts, read 87,887 times

Advertisements

I've already started building in Princeton Lakes off of Camp Creek Parkway. I have a daughter 12 presently in the 7th grade in Suffolk County N.Y. I would appreciate ANY advise on private/public schools in the area from grades 8-12....I've heard horror stories about the schools in that area........any personal advise would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 07:48 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,603,828 times
This is going to sound harsh -- but why in the world did you start building without checking out the schools first I am just curious... cause I hear stories like yours all the time... just need to understand.

Actually, looking at the data, Bunche Middle School doesn't look that horrible, it is far above the district and nearly even with the state (and above in one or two categories.) It made AYP, which is absolutely fantastic for a middle school. It is small, under 800 students which is also a real plus.

2006-2007 State of Georgia K-12 Report Card

You need to visit the school before making a decision.

Woodward Academy is nearby but it is $$$$. I think there are some parochial schools south but I don't know their neams

Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,232,514 times
There's that Catholic School a lot of people send their kids to because it's more affordable than other private schools - St Pius?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:19 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,763,487 times
Note there's a school ratings thread at the top of the Atlanta page and if you sift around there first, you might find some info. If not, you can post there and more school-related readers might see it: http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...-one-keep.html

Old 02-29-2008, 10:32 AM

117 posts, read 618,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
There's that Catholic School a lot of people send their kids to because it's more affordable than other private schools - St Pius?
Actually St. Pius was real close to my High School many years ago, off of Druid Hills/Buford Hwy.

But I think the one off of camp creek parkway is perhaps Woodward academy. Really not sure though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: