Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 04:14 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Please read the entire bible. Anyone who defends the bible ought to have read the entire thing and it sounds ss if you like many Christians, have chosen not to properly educate yourself on what is in the there.
For someone who doesn't even believe what's in the Bible you sure do take the Bible seriously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 04:48 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
For someone who doesn't even believe what's in the Bible you sure do take the Bible seriously

I dont like.to put faith in something I am ignorant about. I read the bible to learn more and was disguated by what I read. Reading.the bible started my journey to atheism.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
The Bigotry is alive in this one. So much hate, so much passion, so much intolerance. Who will win this battle?
yeah...this coming from a man who voted for Trump who said he would ban all muslims, chose not to distance himself from the k.k.k. but took time to attack Mr. John Lewis, and said latino men are rapists, etc. Yeah the bigotry and hypocrisy is alive in thia thread.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:52 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Thank you for expressing my view point so well.
I'm sick of the "moral majority" & "family values" hypocrite leaders of the religious & conservative right who are neither moral nor practicioners of family values themselves, i.e. an abuser like Eddie Long & an adulterous, multiple marriage politician like Newt Gingrich.
Just spit balling here but, I'm thinking the kids that got rear ended against their will are a tad more sick about the predator than some moral majority/family values person rolling around in hypocrisy, don't you?

While the moral majority is full of hypocrisy it probably falls short of similar criticism than those that say, pray on kids for sex.

Said another way, I would rather break bread with Pat Robertson than some wayward preacher boning a youngster.

It's probably just me. Maybe others are "stronger"......sigh....

Old 01-18-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Just spit balling here but, I'm thinking the kids that got rear ended against their will are a tad more sick about the predator than some moral majority/family values person rolling around in hypocrisy, don't you?

While the moral majority is full of hypocrisy it probably falls short of similar criticism than those that say, pray on kids for sex.

Said another way, I would rather break bread with Pat Robertson than some wayward preacher boning a youngster.

It's probably just me. Maybe others are "stronger"......sigh....

Are you serious? The biggest rapists in our society are heterosexual men. Do educate yourself before
posting foolishness.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:01 PM

764 posts, read 1,107,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Well...I don't know what the past few pages have to do with Eddie Long, but I'm not sad to see him go. He was a money-grubbing con artist, a charlatan, and used his position of power to prey on teenage black boys while preaching against them from the pulpit. A hypocrite of the highest order and he was no man of God, I don't care how many of his brainwashed, dimwitted members of his cult at New Birth say so.

I don't understand why so many gay black men are a part of an institution that clearly lets them know they're not welcome, or dealing with so-called "Christians" who smile in their face and condemn them to hell behind their backs...Not to mention my personal beliefs about how the black church has become nothing more than an institution that keeps black people in America mentally enslaved, docile, and subservient to white supremacist ideals. Since we're going off topic and all...

Were Martin Luther King, Jr., and Ralph David Abernathy, the leaders of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, attempting to "keeps black people in America mentally enslave, docile, and subservient to white supremacist ideas."? These men were pastors of Christian churches. Just saying...

Many posters on this site seem to have a lot of baggage and don't think before they post...

Old 01-18-2017, 08:48 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,217,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
Were Martin Luther King, Jr., and Ralph David Abernathy, the leaders of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, attempting to "keeps black people in America mentally enslave, docile, and subservient to white supremacist ideas."? These men were pastors of Christian churches. Just saying...
Yes, over 60 years ago when the black church was a much more relevant institution than it is now. A lot of leaders had the misguided notion that integrating and seeking love and validation from people who mostly hated blacks was a great idea more or less fits into what I'm talking about. Instead of focusing on economic empowerment and self determination like Asians and Jews do, we were worried too much about massa loving our black asses...And how has that worked out for us? Truth hurts I guess. Just saying...

Quote:
Many posters on this site seem to have a lot of baggage and don't think before they post...
Speak for yourself. Hit dogs always holler.

Last edited by biscuit_head; 01-18-2017 at 09:21 PM..

Old 01-19-2017, 04:46 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,217,290 times
Quote:
yeah...this coming from a man who voted for Trump who said he would ban all muslims, chose not to distance himself from the k.k.k. but took time to attack Mr. John Lewis, and said latino men are rapists, etc. Yeah the bigotry and hypocrisy is alive in thia thread.
Oh no, but according to white republicans and conservatives, the only racists out there are blacks and others who call them out on their racism. You know, the types who think Dylan Roof is a hero for helping them "take their country back," and all white Americans (except those '*******s' are paragons of virtue and are just "telling it like it is," and "true Americans."

Old 01-19-2017, 05:03 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,019 times
Quote:
You can't disregard one part of the bible and pretend that it does not exist. Check out please...romans 45, 46 and corinthians I: chapter 47 but trust me it is all over yhe bible includint the new testament.
What Does the Bible Say About the Old Testament Law?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post

For truly, I say to you,*till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. *Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven;
matthew 5:18

That sounds to contradict what you say but then again, the bible is full of contradictions.

By the way, you do know that the verses I sent from romans and corinthians I are part of the new testament?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta