Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 08:55 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times

Advertisements

To those who were expressing outrage recently over Packers fans usurping our entertainment venues: Babies, save your anger, store it up for the (spits on the floor in disgust) New England HATRIOTS. It is on...
I am seething over this nasty, condescending article in the Globe...I should have known that they would take the low road, but this. It's like reading all the anti-Atlanta troll posts on CD all rolled up into one malodorous ball.

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/1/24/...ons-trash-talk

Well, I am totally losing my normally very ladylike composure. I hope they go down, and hard. And I hope Brady gets his pretty little face broken in the process, leaving him to skulk away with his Brazilian Hoochiemama.
Well, this ol' girl has come UNDONE.

PS: Good comeback, BTW, CurbedAtlanta. When attacked by Beantown, pull out the skyline photo comparisons. Yours is lame, Boston. Lame, lame, LAME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 09:03 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
To those who were expressing outrage recently over Packers fans usurping our entertainment venues: Babies, save your anger, store it up for the (spits on the floor in disgust) New England HATRIOTS. It is on...
I am seething over this nasty, condescending article in the Globe...I should have known that they would take the low road, but this. It's like reading all the anti-Atlanta troll posts on CD all rolled up into one malodorous ball.

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/1/24/...ons-trash-talk

Well, I am totally losing my normally very ladylike composure. I hope they go down, and hard. And I hope Brady gets his pretty little face broken in the process, leaving him to skulk away with his Brazilian Hoochiemama.
Well, this ol' girl has come UNDONE.

PS: Good comeback, BTW, CurbedAtlanta. When attacked by Beantown, pull out the skyline photo comparisons. Yours is lame, Boston. Lame, lame, LAME!
My goodness, LD! The bee is in your bonnet!!! GO GIRL!

Old 01-25-2017, 09:10 AM

477 posts, read 593,803 times
Boston fans forget that before 9/11, all they had over the rest of us was the Celtics. The Patriots were as successful and historically significant as the Falcons, and the Red Sox were a postseason punchline that hadn't won anything since 1918. They've had the benefit of being a charter city in every professional sports league ever created from 1876 National League Baseball on (thanks for the Braves, by the way), whereas Atlanta has only been an expansion and relocation town since 1966, hence the catch-up Atlanta has had to play. So, the city of Boston is a couple hundred years older than Atlanta, and their sports are much older too. But, if not for Tom Brady, the Patriots would still be the Falcons. Now let's go destroy the Golden Boy.

Also, between Boston and Atlanta, only one of these cities has lost both an NFL franchise and an MLB franchise to relocation. Oh, and the Falcons' attendance was higher than the Patriots' this year. RISE UP.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH82 View Post
Boston fans forget that before 9/11, all they had over the rest of us was the Celtics. The Patriots were as successful and historically significant as the Falcons, and the Red Sox were a postseason punchline that hadn't won anything since 1918. They've had the benefit of being a charter city in every professional sports league ever created from 1876 National League Baseball on (thanks for the Braves, by the way), whereas Atlanta has only been an expansion and relocation town since 1966, hence the catch-up Atlanta has had to play. So, the city of Boston is a couple hundred years older than Atlanta, and their sports are much older too. But, if not for Tom Brady, the Patriots would still be the Falcons. Now let's go destroy the Golden Boy.

Also, between Boston and Atlanta, only one of these cities has lost both an NFL franchise and an MLB franchise to relocation. Oh, and the Falcons' attendance was higher than the Patriots' this year. RISE UP.
You testify, baby. Tell it to that provincial hack Shaughnessy, whose writing skills appear to position his aptitude somewhere between 5th and 6th grades.
Boston columnists certainly have an inflated opinion of themselves, unlike their footballs.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:24 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,210,677 times
Man all of this bitter infighting between my hometown and my current city is stressing me out! Can't we all just get along?

Old 01-25-2017, 09:26 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,235,222 times
Boston is an awesome city... for half the year.

Now y'all stop complaining cause we all know you will eventually move down here.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:26 AM

477 posts, read 593,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
You testify, baby. Tell it to that provincial hack Shaughnessy, whose writing skills appear to position his aptitude somewhere between 5th and 6th grades.
Boston columnists certainly have an inflated opinion of themselves, unlike their footballs.
He's actually kinda known for this type of nationwide trolljob, but it certainly does the trick. It makes everybody in the country hate Boston fans. ESPN's Rob Parker wrote a column just like this in 2011, saying the Atlanta fans don't deserve to win anything, blah blah blah. He just wanted the clicks. Then of course we went out and got destroyed by the Giants at home...

But generally speaking, the 21st century has spoiled Boston fans rotten, and if they're not basketball fans, they would do well to remember where they came from. In football and baseball, they used to be Atlanta, and not too long ago.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:37 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,210,677 times
Here is a Boston vs Atlanta article from an Atlanta POV:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/wh...171912473.html

Old 01-25-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
Man all of this bitter infighting between my hometown and my current city is stressing me out! Can't we all just get along?
Wasn't us that threw down the gauntlet.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:40 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
Dan Shaughnessy is a known hack that even Boston sports fans despise. Why y'all keep giving him clicks is a mystery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: