U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:29 AM

631 posts, read 329,990 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-exec...pstories.html#

If parts of this go through, oh boy, more demonstrations everywhere.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:45 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,522,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
You are not my target audience. So you wouldn't know what I mean. Which is to be expected.
I see you AS. I see you. They dont but the 13% does. Keep doing ya thing man.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:51 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,522,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Your forgetting conservatives don't like the NAACP, National Urban league, BLM movement and etc.
Conservatives shouldnt even know who those groups are. Thats the biggest problem I have with black people joining forces with the conservatives true enemy. I should know about them because I am black, but these groups dont benefit blacks without the liberal co sign. We dont need them, but too many black people think they do and it sucks.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:14 PM

27,712 posts, read 24,737,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Write-in votes are pretty much a waste. But other than Clinton, no other living first ladies have gone on to office so I have no clue who you're talking about.
For president, sure. But Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) pulled it off a couple of years ago.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:02 PM

4,229 posts, read 4,114,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Conservatives shouldnt even know who those groups are. Thats the biggest problem I have with black people joining forces with the conservatives true enemy. I should know about them because I am black, but these groups dont benefit blacks without the liberal co sign. We dont need them, but too many black people think they do and it sucks.
And that one biggest problems I have with conservatives

1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s conservatives never support civil right groups.

Conservative groups where oppose to MLK

1920s to 1970s there was a poltical switch between the parties. Historically conservative democrats dominated the south and liberal republicans such as Teddy Push progressive ideas. But in the 1940 to 1960s democrats started abandon the conservative democrats. But the 60s democrats LBJ and Kennedy sign the civil right acts. A little after Nixon campaign started the strategy approach which was republicans to go after the old conservatives of a the south. The strategy was the more blacks began to support democrats the more conservatives start supporting republicans.

That how get illogic of being against civil right group because conservatives never did in the first place. Today MLk is consider a hero to the left and right but conservatives didn't support him when was alive. In the 80 some conservatives oppose MLK day.

It's so import to understand the cause of Jim Crow and racism why was people racist? Because white southern thought they was at odds with blacks. That if black people gain rights or become leaders they thought black wanted to harm white people.

So if you look at conservatives in 1950 and 2017 they have some form of narrative that civil right groups are anti white or trying to undermine whites. This isn't just something recent. right wing radio need to stop fear monger that minorities are trying hurt America

Now you just said what about starting a group to help starving blacks kids in west Atlanta.... error there a name for that.... civil right groups.... which conservatives oppose.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:03 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,418,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Here is your pass.

See you at the random protest...brotha
See this is how I know you are serious about anything other than just complaining for the sake of complaining while doing nothing... You were offered some type of participation in a resolution to one of our most chronic problems, but you are just being sarcastic with it.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:13 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,418,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
You are not my target audience. So you wouldn't know what I mean. Which is to be expected.
I am a part of the specific audience. I am more unimpressed (annoyed with) the levels of voter apathy and political unawareness of our own people to our elected officials that suppose to be representing us in Congress, state legislatures, and local governments. We could have gotten more if we were asleep at the wheel in 2010 and let the election of President Obama in 2008 just be enough. More should have been down afterwards. We could have down our part to at least gotten more in the first 18 months if we have been allured by just getting someone black in office and then started groundwork to made sure we gotten all of the concessions from the government (at all levels) when the iron was still hot. Lack of holding the elected officials accountable on a regular basis, lack of political awareness, and voter apathy is why many of things that set the groundwork of ignorance of now was planted as far back as 2008, the night President Obama was elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or