U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2017, 10:29 PM
 
12,921 posts, read 19,803,871 times
Reputation: 33949

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I'm sure you liberals were just as outraged when Obama did the same back in 2011?

MORE HYPOCRISY: Obama Banned all Iraqi Refugees for 6 Months in 2011 - Liberals SAID NOTHING!
Obama didn't temporarily halt immigration because the immigrants were Muslim. He stopped it until the security vetting procedures could be reviewed after the FBI reported the security measures had been breached.

Obama Admin Paused Iraq Refugee Program In 2011

 
Old 01-28-2017, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Sweet Home Chicago!
4,699 posts, read 3,225,448 times
Reputation: 5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Obama didn't temporarily halt immigration because the immigrants were Muslim. He stopped it until the security vetting procedures could be reviewed after the FBI reported the security measures had been breached.

Obama Admin Paused Iraq Refugee Program In 2011
Nor did Trump halt immigration because the immigrants were Muslim. Did you read the EO or does your desire to vilify Trump preclude you from rational thought?
 
Old 01-28-2017, 10:40 PM
 
2,412 posts, read 1,180,909 times
Reputation: 5719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Obama didn't temporarily halt immigration because the immigrants were Muslim. He stopped it until the security vetting procedures could be reviewed after the FBI reported the security measures had been breached.

Obama Admin Paused Iraq Refugee Program In 2011
I don't see where Trump did this because some or even most of these people are muslim. He did what he did because they are PEOPLE coming from the very terrorist countries that Obama declared were the most danger to the US.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 06:04 AM
 
Location: USA
16,570 posts, read 16,245,596 times
Reputation: 12528
Like him or not, Trump is probably the first president in many, many decades who is actually doing the things he said he would do and in record time. He is not sitting on his hands celebrating like Obama did in 2008. Like I said, whether you hate him or love him, he really is working fast to make good on his campaign promises, which is a first in my lifetime.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 07:54 AM
 
28,134 posts, read 24,659,949 times
Reputation: 9534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Well Trump did win GA
Trump won the state but he got totally hammered by Hillary in metro Atlanta and in other large Georgia cities.

So it's not surprising that there's a good bit of friction.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 08:13 AM
 
1,269 posts, read 630,571 times
Reputation: 1684
Chances of being killed by an immigrant in America: about 1 in 3 billion.

Chances of being killed by a gun, purchased legally or not, not including suicide in America: 3.6 in 100,000

And which one do Republicans try to ban? Don't pretend Republicans are trying to protect people by doing this, it's about racism and fear, plain and simple.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 08:55 AM
 
27,758 posts, read 24,784,942 times
Reputation: 16479
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Like him or not, Trump is probably the first president in many, many decades who is actually doing the things he said he would do and in record time. He is not sitting on his hands celebrating like Obama did in 2008. Like I said, whether you hate him or love him, he really is working fast to make good on his campaign promises, which is a first in my lifetime.
Obama came into office in 2009, not 2008. And you obviously have a short memory if you thought Obama simply sat on his hands when he entered office; Trump only passed one more executive order than Obama did during his first week in office.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firs...9;s_presidency
 
Old 01-29-2017, 09:13 AM
 
Location: USA
16,570 posts, read 16,245,596 times
Reputation: 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Obama came into office in 2009, not 2008. And you obviously have a short memory if you thought Obama simply sat on his hands when he entered office; Trump only passed one more executive order than Obama did during his first week in office.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firs...9;s_presidency
I voted for Obama in the 2008 election and even donated $100 to his campaign which is the first and only time I've ever made a donation to a politician. He promised a lot of things and he didn't deliver, Democrats promised a lot of things and they didn't deliver. They celebrated for two years, which is why they lost almost every election since. They even had a super majority after the 2008 election. Do you notice the same promises made by Obama are the same promises Hillary and Sanders were making in 2016? That is all the proof you need right there that barely anything was accomplished by Obama. We got some things passed, which just made the donors happy like Obamacare. Remember the promise if you like your plan you can keep it and how it would make healthcare more affordable. I was paying $150 per month for a great plan before Obamacare and I thought it was expensive, which was one of the reasons why I voted for Obama. Obamacare came and my premium for a similar plan is now around $550 per month. It's so ****ing expensive. It helped a very small percentage of Americans with pre-existing conditions or families living in poverty who decided it would be a good idea to have 10 children. However, it has hurt the majority of Americans and so many are under-insured or have copays that pay a ridiculous 50-60%, before Obamacare 80% copay was pretty standard, so great something major happens, you'll still go bankrupt meanwhile you're still paying $300 per month for a plan that doesn't do **** for you. Our airports are still garbage, our roads are still garbage, our bridges are still garbage, interest rates are still at record lows, god forbid the economy crashes because we can't really lower rates much more to stimulate the economy. I could go on and on. I was a proud voter of Obama, I'm not some right wing nut job, but I am so disappointed with him and Democrats, they had a freaking super majority and they barely did anything, the things they did pass were so covered in donor ****, they were virtually worthless.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 09:56 AM
 
4,229 posts, read 4,118,714 times
Reputation: 3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Like him or not, Trump is probably the first president in many, many decades who is actually doing the things he said he would do and in record time. He is not sitting on his hands celebrating like Obama did in 2008. Like I said, whether you hate him or love him, he really is working fast to make good on his campaign promises, which is a first in my lifetime.
Because during Obama term being bi partisan and trying to be centrist and at least listen to the other side was a thing.

Trump is not only doing extremely partisan bs but doing it against America approval. It's actually very dictator like.
 
Old 01-29-2017, 10:02 AM
 
Location: USA
16,570 posts, read 16,245,596 times
Reputation: 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Because during Obama term being bi partisan and trying to be centrist and at least listen to the other side was a thing.

Trump is not only doing extremely partisan bs but doing it against America approval. It's actually very dictator like.
I disagree, he is doing exactly what he said he would do if elected. He was elected fairly and now he is actually keeping his promises which is something new in DC.

It isn't dictatorship, it is him not worrying about upsetting donors or hot topics for re-election... he is doing exactly what he said he would do and he won the election, so he isn't doing it against the will of the people.

None of this should be news, he campaigned non-stop all of last year. Liberals are just upset he is actually makig good on his promises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top