Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:06 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times

Advertisements

Some still detained at Atlanta airport amid confusion over Trump order

Another day, another blisteringly stupid executive order.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:12 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post

Yep. And I have so-called "Christian" friends on Facebook who not only see no problem with this, but actually think Trump was sent by God to save America!

God help us all ...

Old 01-28-2017, 07:13 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times
Yall voted for him so this is what you get. Wonder why people are shocked by this because he said he was going to do this 100s of times last year.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:17 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,002,846 times
How many are detained on a daily basis?

Probably a bunch while they verify the travelers paperwork/visa/passports etc.

Last edited by flyonpa; 01-28-2017 at 07:26 PM..

Old 01-28-2017, 07:24 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post

WHY isn't this executive Order NOT analyzed and Proper "DIRECTIVES" given to whatever front line folks must inform such a loosely worded directive done with such a FLARE Photo OP!! SO Trump's utter's his edicts and expects regular folks and their administrating folks to KNOW how to enforce it?? It's insane!! Meanwhile innocent folks get caught up in such incompetence by Government.

Having said this above.. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens for many months ..since Trump has basically fired with no replacements for truly life and death situations that occur over seas! Ambassador's NOT replaced and when they do get replaced.. there will be NO one left behind to train/inform nor orientate them! It's going to be a total mess.. and hate to say this.. Poor Haley (UN Rep. for USA) will be left holding the bag when asked to explain why America isn't able to step up to the place and assist American's who travel over seas and get into critical situations.. NO body will be there to HELP Americans.. Just you wait.. Complaints, senseless innocent American's will be abandoned.... This scenario is far more likely than NOT!!

American's that travel.. best be aware of the RISKS..that isn't just regular travellers.. BUT Corporate giants and other's with POWER that will suffer consequences for incompetent Administration!!

I do worry a lot... But Trumpeter's love the sound of Clean the swamp.. yet have no clue that leaving the swamp empty of protections and defence..allows really bad things to happen..and your collective pants are down at your ankles!! LOL..I've always wanted to use that analogy

Old 01-28-2017, 07:26 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,693,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Yall voted for him so this is what you get. Wonder why people are shocked by this because he said he was going to do this 100s of times last year.
Daily reminder that a majority of voters did not actually vote for him.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:34 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,255 times
Default Four Georgians detained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Yep. And I have so-called "Christian" friends on Facebook who not only see no problem with this, but actually think Trump was sent by God to save America!

God help us all ...
Yes, unfortunately many of them get their messages for group think from deceitful men in the pulpit, deceitful politicians & from deceitful news sources.
A 2nd weekend for the new administration brings us a new round of issues & a resultant 2nd growing public backlash over more ill thought policy moves.
Folks, get used to it as this chaos is going to be standard going as we move ahead.
The betting odds survey against donald trump completing his term found below is from Jan. 20th. The odds have only moved higher since then in view of his disastrous first week.

Gamblers Are Betting on President Trump's Impeachment

Last edited by atler8; 01-28-2017 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: changed sentence construction

Old 01-28-2017, 07:36 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Daily reminder that a majority of voters did not actually vote for him.
Never said isnt wasnt. I said this is what the people that voted for him wanted. This is what the red states wanted

Old 01-28-2017, 07:42 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times
Quote:
Never said isnt wasnt. I said this is what the people that voted for him wanted. This is what the red states wanted
Keep in mind that his margin of victory in three states, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, was about 100,000 votes, combined. Had these states gone to Clinton, she'd have won. We're talking about a president who was elected thanks to a number of voters who could have fit in Sanford Stadium.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:07 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Well, I will also add that the silence from many of my Facebook friends who voted for Trump is deafening. I can only assume this means many of them are regretting their decision. At least I'd like to think so. We know for a fact that many, MANY people voted not for Trump, but against Hillary. He's done nothing in his first week in office to win confidence among these fence-riders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta