Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 05:06 AM

10 posts, read 8,066 times

Advertisements

So in my recent post I was able to narrow my search and these two apartments are in the zone for King Springs Elementary where I would like my daughter to attend.

Is anyone familiar with any of these apartments and the area that they are in? I'm leaning more towards Ashford Woods because it's more affordable but I'm still open it both options.

Let me know your thoughts and why .... Thanks in advance !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 11:39 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *buzzinessbee* View Post
So in my recent post I was able to narrow my search and these two apartments are in the zone for King Springs Elementary where I would like my daughter to attend.

Is anyone familiar with any of these apartments and the area that they are in? I'm leaning more towards Ashford Woods because it's more affordable but I'm still open it both options.

King Springs is a really good and highly-regarded elementary school.

...But, both of the apartment complexes you named are mature apartment communities that might have some issues and concerns because of their ages. Glen Park dates back to the mid-1990's, though Ashford Woods is much older in that it dates back to the early-1970's.

In addition to doing much more research into those communities on your own, you also may want (and most likely will NEED) to go to those complexes in person and checkout those communities on site and see all of the issues, both good and bad, for yourself before making a financial commitment to live in either of those communities.

Also, while the middle school that King Springs feeds into (Griffin Middle School) gets fairly high marks, the high school that King Springs feeds into (Campbell High School) is okay but currently seems to still have some work to do before truly reaching the upper crust of high schools in metro Atlanta.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:39 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *buzzinessbee* View Post

Dont Do Glen Park, wife and I just moved from there last year.

We started there in 2014 rent was fair rate, 930.00 for 2 bedroom 12month lease. In 2015 it went to 965.00 12 month lease, In 2016 went to 1250.00 12 month lease. The last lease didnt make much sense why they would jump the rent so high like that and the complex is only about 70 percent full. Even on the weekends when people were off work there were plenty of parking spaces in the complex. Another issue there is the access gate. There are a lot of single girls\women that live there and quite often men who come to see them ram the gates to get into the apartment complex. Every 2 weeks the gate arm is knocked off of the card reader box by these guys who dont live there because they dont have an access card. It was a huge annoyance to my wife. We were paying for a secure gate, but only had a working gate 1/3rd of the time we lived there. I never really had an issues with the women in the office, but again my wife complained about them being rude to her very often. Personally my biggest beef with Glen Park, was I could never get an explanation why the rent went from 960 to 1250 in a year and their were empty apartments there. The manager hinted that the pricing came down from their corporate and that the Braves Stadium is raising property value yada yada blah blah blah white folks lawyer jorgan. We moved to another apartment that is closer to the new Braves stadium and we are paying about 300 less where we are now vs what Glen Park wanted, for a 2 bedroom until we find a house. I can not tell you much about Ashford as I have never lived there.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:02 PM

10 posts, read 8,066 times
@born2roll ... thanks again for the info and I did notice that the ratings for Campbell high is pretty low so thanks for confirming that information and I appreciate all your feedback!

@0nyxstation .... I spoke with glen park and your right their going rate is pretty much around what you stated which made me think it was a very upscale complex considering they're about $300 more than Ashford woods and offer just about the same as far as amenities ... so I appreciate your detailed input on that !

Unfortunately those are the only two complexes in the zone for king springs elementary so I am quite limited but I am open to a private land lord option if any of you know or have access to obtaining numbers I can call or websites I can visit !! Thanks again !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta