Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 11:40 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,225,502 times

Advertisements

This express bus would be 10x better (pun intended), if the HOV lane on I-75 ITP was a HOT managed lane (which is planned, I think), if there was a 15th St bridge in Midtown with HOT ramps (which is planned, I think), and if they moved the CTC to right off the Akers Mill exit at the Galleria, with park&ride.

And I'm still not sure why it needs to stop at 2 adjacent MARTA stations. If there's ever a 15th St ramp, it should just let out at Arts Center bus loop and then head straight back to Cobb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 11:46 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,802,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
This express bus would be 10x better (pun intended), if the HOV lane on I-75 ITP was a HOT managed lane (which is planned, I think), if there was a 15th St bridge in Midtown with HOT ramps (which is planned, I think), and if they moved the CTC to right off the Akers Mill exit at the Galleria, with park&ride.

And I'm still not sure why it needs to stop at 2 adjacent MARTA stations. If there's ever a 15th St ramp, it should just let out at Arts Center bus loop and then head straight back to Cobb.
Since it's being promoted as rapid bus line that will connect KSU, KSU-Marietta, and Life University; it is most likely stopping at Midtown for access to Tech.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:04 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,680,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Since it's being promoted as rapid bus line that will connect KSU, KSU-Marietta, and Life University; it is most likely stopping at Midtown for access to Tech.
You mean Southern-PolyTech, riiiight?

Old 03-03-2017, 02:45 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,350,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post

That would make sense. I was wondering why it didnt just stop at arts center and then go to five points.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:38 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,225,502 times
I know Cumberland Mall will not appreciate this, but I might try parking at the mall, as a park & ride for the 10x.

Anyone ever done that? I wonder if security will say anything. I mean, CCT needs to provide commuter parking.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:19 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,224,275 times
I can see the value of this route, but it is disappointing that it really isn't using the new HOT lanes too much. I hope they add an additional route that provides direct service. The long stretch on 41 makes it not so express in my mind. Or is there already a GRTA route for that?

Old 03-05-2017, 10:28 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,680,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I can see the value of this route, but it is disappointing that it really isn't using the new HOT lanes too much. I hope they add an additional route that provides direct service. The long stretch on 41 makes it not so express in my mind. Or is there already a GRTA route for that?
Given the stop locations, I'm curious if they'd actually save any time by going all the way over to the interstate.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,802,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I know Cumberland Mall will not appreciate this, but I might try parking at the mall, as a park & ride for the 10x.

Anyone ever done that? I wonder if security will say anything. I mean, CCT needs to provide commuter parking.
You risk getting towed. They have signs in the parking lot, closest to the CTC warning of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: