Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 12:49 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,691,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Norwood should advance to the runoff with little trouble. I can't tell yet who is going to be her opponent.

The progressive wing has tried to get behind Vincent Fort, but he is lagging badly in the polls. Don't think he has a chance.
I jumped ship on him, once he tried to use race politics against Emory annexation and crying that SW ATL isn't getting any projects for Atlanta Transit Sales Tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 01:02 PM

6,495 posts, read 6,066,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Norwood should advance to the runoff with little trouble. I can't tell yet who is going to be her opponent.
My guess as of now is either Hall, Mitchell, or Bottoms.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:20 PM

4,819 posts, read 6,045,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
You absolutely tried to excuse the bigoted verbiage used at this function. I have now spoken to 4 people who were there two of which are black and all four said they felt very uncomfortable there by the tone and rhetoric.
You went on an incoherent rant about white supremacy and even tired to call me a white nationalist because you don't like being told what the deal is. It seems like English isn't your first language which also adds to the problem as you often try and tie in some silly excuse or reason that has no relevance on the topic being discussed. I am not criticizing anyone. I am pointing out how this event made multiple people uncomfortable by the verbiage and tone that was used. I am only defensive when confronted by an incoherent person like yourself who is clueless.
you tried

"A better question is what have the black mayors of the city done the last 43 some odd years for black citizens? "

"Why didn't the black mayors fix the issues in the black community that you are talking about?"

"For decades Atlanta has had black people in charge but you are saying white people are the cause of blacks having income inequality in Atlanta?"
I didn't say a dang thing remotely close in this thread about anything above... All I said I'm was skeptical that event was full of racist,

You jump in the thread start replying to me like I said Atlanta mayors should stay black Atlanta, or like I said Atlanta black mayors were better .... And inequality in Atlanta are white fault........... I literally didn't say anything remotely close. You literally had a conservation with yourself. And started arguing with me like I support those ideas.

This means those are built in emotional thought of your that were trigger when you noticed black posters..

Basically you jump in started a "did you stop hurting your wife" type of straw man. With several black posters. nothing I said is incoherent it's incoherent to you because your trying to force a straw man. Which means are conversation aren't matching.

I'm calling you a white nationalists cause your insisting in a negative general belief of a majority a population. Are there racist blacks yes, are most blacks racist no, you have this racist mind set like blacks are evil and out to get white people.

There no evidence of this happen at this function, there would had been media attention for racist behaviors. but of coarse you probably as a white nationalist probably think the media ignore black racism.

Last edited by chiatldal; 09-08-2017 at 03:44 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 03:22 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,691,962 times
If Affordable Housing is a main concern of yours and a large deciding part of who you will elect for Mayor, please check out https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9bcf2...59ce867098.pdf

Old 09-08-2017, 03:25 PM

4,819 posts, read 6,045,027 times
Quote:
Funny how you continue to deny and remain skeptical of what he is posting. I never said anyone was the new black panther party but you did call me a white nationalist and I made two points:

#1 the verbiage and language used bothered a lot of people both black and white

#2 the best and most qualified candidate should win no matter their race, religion, gender, or sexuality. I can guarantee you a white nationalist would never post such or express those views. You on the other hand are busy trying to tell someone who was at the event that they are somehow mistaken. See the difference? It seems that at this particular event there were still many black people who indeed care that the next mayor be black something that you refuse to acknowledge.

Not going to continue this discussion any further. Mayor Reed who last time I checked is black has done an excellent job. He beat out Norwood and then won in re-election at a staggering 84% because he was the best candidate and deserved to win. Lets hope the same can be said this election but if this event was any indicator that is likely to not happen.
lie, Dude this was your first reply to me....

Quote:
A better question is what have the black mayors of the city done the last 43 some odd years for black citizens? Reading your post you would think Atlanta is Apartheid South Africa. Why didn't the black mayors fix the issues in the black community that you are talking about? Your post makes no sense and is trying to blame a system that white people haven't been involved in for almost 5 decades. For decades Atlanta has had black people in charge but you are saying white people are the cause of blacks having income inequality in Atlanta?
This entire post is a straw man...

Last edited by chiatldal; 09-08-2017 at 03:40 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 03:37 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,511,561 times
Wrong thread.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:55 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,336,613 times
A brilliant, Nobel Prize winning, Baptist Preacher by the name of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, "Judge not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." What EVERYONE voting for WHATEVER political position this November (and possibly in an early December run-of) should do. Blessings to all, ;0)

Old 09-08-2017, 05:08 PM

23,302 posts, read 43,751,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I jumped ship on him, once he tried to use race politics against Emory annexation and crying that SW ATL isn't getting any projects for Atlanta Transit Sales Tax.
Which was typical of his boilerplate rhetoric.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:36 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,511,561 times
Nor sure if this is the right thread, but a little historical perspective never hurts.

Here Mayor Shirley Franklin speaks up for what previous Atlanta mayors have done. And she's durn right.

Quote:
.... I am amazed by the complete and utter dismissal of the contributions of others that I have seen recently in the press and other public announcements from the city’s communications office. It is as if no one – not Hartsfield, not Allen, not Massell, not Jackson, not Young, not Campbell or I ever contributed to the significant growth of the city, ever made a smart and visionary public policy decision or ever solved a tough problem on behalf of Atlanta’s residents, businesses, or visitors. Atlanta mayors for a very long time have made some darn good decisions to move Atlanta to the forefront of American cities. Each had unique skills and talents to apply in tackling the challenges of their day. The best among us had an extra dose of humility and compassion for the people they served. Mayor Reed has his accomplishments which will be judged by history and not by press releases, official pronouncements or political polls. All of us have that same fate.

More....History will Judge Atlanta Mayors

Old 09-19-2017, 02:47 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,199,734 times
Another forum tonight, this one focusing on Transportation.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atlanta...term=eventname
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta