Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 529 times

Advertisements

I recently had a tax lien placed against me and EVERY single tax lien attorney in Atlanta are sending me unsolicited junk mail. It is so embarrassing that my mail carrier has to bring tons of tax lien mail to my house everyday. I am now even getting phone calls. I have no idea how to stop these aggressive attorneys.

I've got my daughter-in-law living with me and she checks the mail each day because I don't get home until after 8pm at night.

This was an unfortunate situation where I owe the IRS. I had a payment plan that I was working on faithfully but, then I lost 37% of my income last year and things got really bad. I had to prioritize. I called myself being responsible and called the IRS to advise of my misfortune. After providing proof of my loss of income they agreed that I have uncollectable back taxes at this time. So they will have no choice except to put me on a tax lien status.

Okay, I thought... that's fine. I'll catch up when I can. Now I have every tax lien attorney in Atlanta sending me tons and tons of mail EVERYDAY and just today. I must have made the calling list, I just received a call from an automatic telemarketing call regarding this tax lien.

I'm going through enough as it is than have to go to my personal mailbox and be reminded of my hardship daily and not to mention my mail carrier, my daughter-in-law and possibly my son.

It's a private matter and I wish that I could just stop the unwanted mail and now calls.

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do? I do anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 10:32 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,158,145 times
Get a big recycling bin for all the junk mail and get used to the influx until they eventually stop sending offers to help you, then the numbers from the telemarketing calls will have to be blocked, as you get them.

Wouldn't worry about the mail carrier, they see so much everyday it probably at looks all the same to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta