Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 04:30 AM

2,613 posts, read 4,143,261 times

Advertisements

Pls see above re Westminster. Not sure what working parent friendly means but if you were indicating it allows kids to be there all day while parents work I wanted to clarify for other readers that may comment that we are NOT looking for nor do we need a full day program. My child does not want to be in a program from even 9-3 but we may be able to sign up and just pick up at 1 or so. Again, we are open to an all day program but my child does not prefer that so we are open to half day and all day programs, everyone. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I would definitely second Westminster Summer Camps! They have a variety of science focused offerings, are "working parent friendly" and are fun as well as educational. These were always favorites for my kids!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 AM

Thank you for letting me know. My child is not old enough yet but we will keep this in mind for when he is older!

QUOTE=CCATL;47582700]The CEISMC Summer PEAKS programs at Georgia Tech are great! There are multiple camps for different age levels, focused on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The kids get exposure to being on a university campus (Georgia Tech), including lunch in the Student Center, and are often working with GT faculty and students (depending on the camp).

CEISMC Summer PEAKS | GEORGIA TECH - CEISMC - Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics and Computing

Edit: I'm not sure if they have elementary school experiences during the summer, but they do have KIDS Club, which is for elementary school grades. There are many other camps at Georgia Tech too, if you search for them.[/quote]

Old 03-22-2017, 04:35 AM

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
AIS has spanish immersion camps and science camps for elementary age.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:37 AM

Thank you. Not lower primary enough but a great program to keep in mind for later!! I had not heard about the program. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
You might look at "Start Code" in Downtown Decatur Start Code
During the school year they have coding classes for all ages in Toco Hills. We have been doing that for only a month, but our 6th grader is really enjoying it. Haven't done the summer camp, but are considering it. Their camps are grouped from ages 8-11, 11-14, and grades 6-12. A lot of it is designed around building games, but they really are building not playing. (Don't know if age 8 is lower primary enough, but if your child is close to age 8 and mature/gifted it might be worth shooting them an email--it is not a franchise, and the owner seems extra nice).

Old 03-22-2017, 04:46 AM

Thank you. I will look into these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLtransplant2 View Post
You may want to consider Atlanta Montessori International School - they will be offering Spanish Immersion camps. I also know that Midtown International School and Fulton Science Academy offer camps for gifted students. Atlanta Public Schools also offers a gifted camp.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:16 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,783,210 times
Two camps that are not really techie, but might nurture a younger child's love of science/nature are Trees Atlanta's Junior Tree Keepers camp, and Zoo Atlanta's summer camp. Trees Atlanta's camp begins with Kindergarten and goes through middle school.

https://treesatlanta.org/event/junio...mmer-day-camp/

My older kids got more exercise with the Trees Atlanta camp--it is centered around the belt line, and kids ride bikes/scooters to get around. There are also additional field trip(s) to places like Fernbank and such. They enjoyed both, my youngest will probably start Trees Atlanta's camp this year --neither camp offers swimming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta