Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:59 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
That's the thing, I've been around long enough to know that real estate never goes up indefinitely. And there are enough small indicators that suggest to me something may be amiss.

As for Edgewood, it's just a matter of time before it starts to blend into the other areas, or rather the other areas start to blend into it. I like the idea of buying a gut job for $225K, spending $150k initially and, to your point, add on as necessary. The equity earned should ride out any future downturn.

But it's still rough around corners. If I were w/o children I wouldn't hesitate.

How's the neighborly vibe? If you have kids, is it the sort place where they're familial with other kids? Or is it more typical like regular suburbs, where people are friendly, but not friends.
The neighborhood vibe is excellent. We do not have kids, but there are certainly quite a few in our immediate neighborhood, and more nearby. Impromptu neighborhood gatherings are common, whether it's around the firepit, at someone's house for a fun, unexpected dinner, or a community meal on the Square. The Square itself is extremely kid-friendly, as there's always a farmer's market or some sort of festival or concert going on, and all of the restaurants are welcoming of kids, as far as I can see.

We have really enjoyed getting to know people both in our immediate neighborhood and on the Square in our two and a half years here. We are on a first-name basis with several restaurant and shop owners, and the hostess at our favorite Monday trivia spot always knows what table we prefer to sit at. My wife, Gilmore Girls devotee that she is, likens it to our own Stars Hollow, and quite frankly, I think she's right. After nearly 20 years in the metro area, most of it in other neighborhoods, I finally feel like this is my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 10:55 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evannole View Post
. After nearly 20 years in the metro area, most of it in other neighborhoods, I finally feel like this is my home.
Yep, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the input.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:39 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Yep, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the input.
You're quite welcome. Let me know if you have questions about specific neighborhoods. The best way to get a feel for the Square is to come up on a Saturday morning for the Farmer's market (every week), monthly art walk (first Friday of the month, March through November) or monthly concert (last Friday of the month, April through September), though it seems there's always something going on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta