Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 08:22 AM

22 posts, read 19,297 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at homes in East Cobb/Walton HS due to low taxes, good school system (children are 5 & 10) and I'm more comfortable with the East Cobb demographics and conservative environment.

I will be telecommuting 3-4 days but will drive to office 1-2 days per week to CDC on Buford Highway. I plan to stay at this job location but promotion opportunities may mean considering transferring to other CDC location including century center or Clifton/Emory in next 5-7 Years but not definite.

My concern with east Cobb is all the news about new stadium and whether it would be rough afternoon commute to Walton HS/east Cobb area from chambee/doraville? Max time I want to spend on road is 45 min each way.

Would new stadium deter you from considering East Cobb area? If so what are other areas comparable to E Cobb with good schools, similar demographics and not liberal (When I visited parkview cluster we were the only white people touring homes and I don't want to live in a majority minority area.).

Is Forsyth county too far to commute from?

Budget 400-500k.

Last edited by Skiptoit; 03-27-2017 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 08:58 AM

376 posts, read 330,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiptoit View Post
I have been looking at homes in East Cobb/Walton HS due to low taxes, good school system (children are 5 & 10) and I'm more comfortable with the East Cobb demographics and conservative environment.

Would new stadium deter you from considering East Cobb area? If so what are other areas comparable to E Cobb with good schools, similar demographics and not liberal (When I visited parkview cluster we were the only white people touring homes and I don't want to live in a majority minority area.).
As a East Cobb resident I can assure you that you and your ignorant views would be a good fit for the area.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:15 AM

356 posts, read 316,831 times
East Cobb is changing! Lots of Jon Ossoff signs on my street. Like in front of my house. The horror, the horror! ��

To answer your question, no the traffic shouldn't affect that commute. Stadium is pretty far West of Walton district and those job centers.

If you come, we'll be nice to you, but please keep your bigotry inside your four walls.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:25 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,872,781 times
The stadium will not help your commute. Walton is east of it, but If you would be taking I-75 you will have a bad time on it and its alternative routes in that whole quadrant of the city.

Check out areas like Brookhaven, North Druid Hills, and Buckhead if you want a more moderate political leaning, good schools, and more reasonable commute to Emory area than Cobb.

Atlanta is an international city and you will find some minorities all over and should not judge areas on that.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:42 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,212,034 times
I'm thinking OP will freak out when he sees the demographics of the area around his job.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelinMan View Post
As a East Cobb resident I can assure you that you and your ignorant views would be a good fit for the area.
And if I were black and said East Cobb isn't "diverse" enough then you would sympathize? What good is a forum if you can't state what you are looking for? I stand by my statement - I am conservative, proud of it and have no desire to live in a liberal area or majority minority as I already work in one.

If east Cobb is full of people like you then I'll look elsewhere.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2atl View Post
East Cobb is changing! Lots of Jon Ossoff signs on my street. Like in front of my house. The horror, the horror! ��

To answer your question, no the traffic shouldn't affect that commute. Stadium is pretty far West of Walton district and those job centers.

If you come, we'll be nice to you, but please keep your bigotry inside your four walls.
If I like the demographics because I like being around conservative people that makes me a bigot? Only to a liberal like yourself. If I said I'm looking to live around other asians or AA or was anti Trump then you would gladly tell me areas to live in. No thanks - don't need advice from a *******.

To hell with political correctness - district 6 is conservative and was newts for her district - a republican will get reelected.

I'll get my information elsewhere - it's obvious this forum is read by a bunch of liberals.

Last edited by Skiptoit; 03-27-2017 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: Spell

Old 03-27-2017, 09:57 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiptoit View Post
And if I were black and said East Cobb isn't "diverse" enough then you would sympathize? What good is a forum if you can't state what you are looking for? I stand by my statement - I am conservative, proud of it and have no desire to live in a liberal area or majority minority as I already work in one.

If east Cobb is full of people like you then I'll look elsewhere.
I don't think Metro Atlanta is a good fit for you.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:58 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,114 times
My first thought was that 45 min maximum is not a reasonable expectation when on hell breaks loose in Atlanta traffic. That won't be everyday but it will definitely occur regardless of Suntrust Park.

Hint: You can look-up demographics by zip code

https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/...es/index.xhtml

And by the way Cobb County did not vote Trump

Old 03-27-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
I'm thinking OP will freak out when he sees the demographics of the area around his job.
What is OP?
Are you referring to the Hispanics and poor people in the area I work in? I noticed - that's what happens with open borders and free medical c/o liberal politics. Americas great - we give you free everything if you move here but shame the white tax paying citizens for raising a voice. Wonder why you lost election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta