U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 04:10 PM

9,552 posts, read 8,612,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Try to follow along. atler8's post referred to the other story, which was that Trump told the Russians he fired comey to relieve the pressure of the Russia investigation. That is what I was referring to.

The White House is not denying it, and that statement is incredibly damning, even impeachable. Already seeing some long time supportive cons start to fall away.

It's not fake news, it's the orange luantic's presidency starting to come apart.
CNN just reported that the White House lawyers are researching impeachment proceedings.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:42 PM

4,693 posts, read 3,217,143 times

and I'll be damned!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:08 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,553,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
And remember, it's always a great day in America when you wake up to a Trump Presidency!!

Old 05-19-2017, 08:46 PM

3,168 posts, read 3,032,014 times
Default Special election

Quote:
atler8, I can only imagine all the hot steamy liberal fairy tales that wapo and company are dreaming up as we speak. Do they have any proof? Nah, proof and facts don't matter anymore, it's all about what a friend of some dudes cousin heard from an anonymous source during a secret handshake meeting down by the river, therefore it must be true!

Don't forget to get your advance tickets for Fahrenheit 11/9 too, that ought to be a real barn burner for you guys!

If it makes you feel better to think & then spout such nonsense, then go right ahead, my friend.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:59 PM

4,693 posts, read 3,217,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
If it makes you feel better to think & then spout such nonsense, then go right ahead, my friend.
Maybe you'd prefer to hear it from one of your own?

No crime, just a big waste of time! >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7WnauFiafY

Old 05-20-2017, 02:01 AM

1,164 posts, read 925,505 times
Since Tucker Carlson, one of the last toadies standing at the state media outlet, has been referenced a couple times, I thought this was a good read.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-dodge/527154/

And this:

Quote:
Trumpís repeated media missteps have frustrated even longtime supporters. ďEvery day he looks more and more like a complete moron,Ē said one senior administration official who also worked on Trumpís campaign. ďI canít see Trump resigning or even being impeached, but at this point I wish heíd grow a brain and be the man that he sold himself as on the campaign.Ē
These aren't Democrats and haters: They're long-time Trump supporters inside the White House. I've never seen anything remotely like it. I'll admit, before he was elected I considered him manifestly unfit for the office and considered it fantastical that he would win. After he won (and a short cooling off period), I figured it wouldn't be as bad as I imagined. He's a clown who doesn't want to look like a clown in public, so he'll hire some good people and won't be the same buffoon in office. Instead, if anything, my imagination wasn't up to the task at hand.

Also, bu2, still "moving on up," right?

Old 05-20-2017, 06:48 AM

Default Special election

Quote:
Maybe you'd prefer to hear it from one of your own?

No crime, just a big waste of time! >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7WnauFiafY

Why the rush to judge based on the very little that we know now or that Mr. Dershowitz knows now? It won't matter in the broader scheme of things down the road what Mr. Dershowitz or any other pundit or prognosticator says now or next week given that none of us are inside of the investigations. What is determined down the road as all of the various investigations play out to their conclusion that
will be what really counts.
It has been reported repeatedly that the overall focus in the investigations has taken a turn more toward looking at "criminal conduct" in recent weeks. One of those aspects being looked at specifically in at least one of the active grand jury probes is trump money laundering, whether connected to Russian mafia/oligarch money or not. The link below specifically looks at the recent request by a Senate committee for info from the Treasury Department confirms where one thread of investigation is going.
Dershowitz did not at all address that type of criminal probe.
Additionally, Mr. Dershowitz did not speak to the ongoing investigation by the New York Attorney General that is discussed at the 2nd link.
I'm in financial services & know that a RICO investigation &/or indictment is deadly serious business. trump's past teflon aura will not matter one iota if RICO charges against his organization are forthcoming.
Whether or not criminal charges or other charges are brought are in the realm of legal matters. Looking only from a political perspective, which is inescapable those optics are terrible for trump. And that is a reality. Mr. Dershowitz did not speak to that at all either.
My advice is to let the chips fall where they may & not rush to a hasty conclusion.

US Treasury Department unit set to provide financial records in Trump-Russia investigation - Business Insider

https://www.palmerreport.com/politic...-scandal/2314/

Last edited by atler8; 05-20-2017 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: corrected word ommissions

Old 05-20-2017, 11:21 AM
bu2

8,968 posts, read 5,658,755 times
Quote:

and I'll be damned!
LOL, especially at the second one!

Old 05-20-2017, 11:25 AM
bu2

8,968 posts, read 5,658,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Why the rush to judge based on the very little that we know now or that Mr. Dershowitz knows now? It won't matter in the broader scheme of things down the road what Mr. Dershowitz or any other pundit or prognosticator says now or next week given that none of us are inside of the investigations. What is determined down the road as all of the various investigations play out to their conclusion that
will be what really counts.
It has been reported repeatedly that the overall focus in the investigations has taken a turn more toward looking at "criminal conduct" in recent weeks. One of those aspects being looked at specifically in at least one of the active grand jury probes is trump money laundering, whether connected to Russian mafia/oligarch money or not. The link below specifically looks at the recent request by a Senate committee for info from the Treasury Department confirms where one thread of investigation is going.
Dershowitz did not at all address that type of criminal probe.
Additionally, Mr. Dershowitz did not speak to the ongoing investigation by the New York Attorney General that is discussed at the 2nd link.
I'm in financial services & know that a RICO investigation &/or indictment is deadly serious business. trump's past teflon aura will not matter one iota if RICO charges against his organization are forthcoming.
Whether or not criminal charges or other charges are brought are in the realm of legal matters. Looking only from a political perspective, which is inescapable those optics are terrible for trump. And that is a reality. Mr. Dershowitz did not speak to that at all either.
My advice is to let the chips fall where they may & not rush to a hasty conclusion.

US Treasury Department unit set to provide financial records in Trump-Russia investigation - Business Insider

https://www.palmerreport.com/politic...-scandal/2314/
The Palmer report, which you linked, even gives "fake news" a bad name. Vox, which is about as far left as you can go, complains about them: https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/19/...-louise-mensch

"President Donald Trump is about to resign as a result of the Russia scandal. Bernie Sanders and Sean Hannity are Russian agents. The Russians have paid off House Oversight Chair Jason Chaffetz to the tune of $10 million, using Trump as a go-between. Paul Ryan is a traitor for refusing to investigate Trumpís Russia ties. Libertarian heroine Ayn Rand was a secret Russian agent charged with discrediting the American conservative movement.

These are all claims you can find made on a new and growing sector of the internet that functions as a fake news bubble for liberals, something Iíve dubbed the Russiasphere
...."

Old 05-20-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The Palmer report, which you linked, even gives "fake news" a bad name. Vox, which is about as far left as you can go, complains about them: https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/19/...-louise-mensch

"President Donald Trump is about to resign as a result of the Russia scandal. Bernie Sanders and Sean Hannity are Russian agents. The Russians have paid off House Oversight Chair Jason Chaffetz to the tune of $10 million, using Trump as a go-between. Paul Ryan is a traitor for refusing to investigate Trumpís Russia ties. Libertarian heroine Ayn Rand was a secret Russian agent charged with discrediting the American conservative movement.

These are all claims you can find made on a new and growing sector of the internet that functions as a fake news bubble for liberals, something Iíve dubbed the Russiasphere
...."

So try these links on for size that discuss the growing focus on money laundering. I'm sure that you like the Wall Street Journal.
One can complain about a specific source, something that I can understand or relate to, but if the source is reporting factual information that is actually happening, then the complaint can be a big nothingburger, to use terminology that the right likes to use nowadays.
Additionally, all of the material you included in highlighted format is obviously false & I would not care to try to defend it. Let's just say that I can just as easily find similar right wing oriented idiotic material as you can find left wing material & we'll call it a fair trade off.
While I'm at it, you & others here have regularly written about the "hate" directed at trump by liberals or Democrats. Just as easily as you can dig up examples of such hate, I can also find plenty of vitriolic material that was directed at Hillary &/or President Obama. Remember, we've just come through the 8 years of of Obama's presidency so there's a surfeit of such material. Sadly, Michelle often was the target of such vitriolic criticism. So pleases spare us the liberal's "hate" meme going forward.

New York attorney general hires top corruption prosecutor to investigate Donald Trump | The Independent

Former Trump Adviser Paul Manafort Investigated by New York Prosecutors

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...use-1489964489
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or