Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 12:52 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,261,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
Turd A is not as bad as unrelated Turd B.

Therefore Turd A is wonderful.

Idiot logic.
Are you even literate, moron? I didn't say Ossoff is wonderful. I said he, even as this young man, is superior to these horrid turds holding elected office, and probably would even have been 10 even younger.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:30 PM

643 posts, read 571,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Are you even literate, moron? I didn't say Ossoff is wonderful. I said he, even as this young man, is superior to these horrid turds holding elected office, and probably would even have been 10 even younger.
It is ok. We know you pray at the alter of Ossoff.

Did you know that he let the world know that 'sex slavery is not good?' What a hero! Get that man to Washington!

Old 04-05-2017, 01:37 PM

770 posts, read 603,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
No, it isn't okay. We need an independent entity to draw district boundaries. I think most citizens agree on this whether they are Republican or Democrat.
I agree, I think if someone came nationally and basically forced a system that automatically cut up every state evenly in sections, they would have a strong base behind them. Sure, many would lose their seats, but I don't know any other entity that could do it that wouldn't be bias in some way. I think this is something everyone can agree on, no one wants completely gerrymandered states and regions as it is now, it creates ideological extremism in regions of the country even when most states are 50/50 or within a few points. It also forces bipartisan efforts and makes sure probably many more seats aren't completely safe.

A different step I actually have felt is that the ballots shouldn't have the party affiliation next to the name. They should just have the names to keep the political bias out of the ballot, and force the people to learn something about their reps who they plan to vote for.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:56 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
It is ok. We know you pray at the alter of Ossoff.

Did you know that he let the world know that 'sex slavery is not good?' What a hero! Get that man to Washington!
Instead of these bizarre comments that make you sound like you're 12, are there specific policies that Ossoff supports that you do not, or specific policies that the top ranking GOP candidate in the race holds? I haven't actually seen you discuss that. Do you vote based on who has the most entertaining TV ads?

I posted every policy stance of Karen Handel, which you've ignored. Do you support her policies? Or are you just a partisan cheerleader you keep accusing others of?

Old 04-05-2017, 02:09 PM

135 posts, read 88,616 times
Quote:
Ossoff at 20 years old would have been a better president than Trump, and a better congressman than Tom Price.

And Donald Duck would have been a better president than obama. It's all relative.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
No, it isn't okay. We need an independent entity to draw district boundaries. I think most citizens agree on this whether they are Republican or Democrat.

You want an independent entity when a republican is in charge but gerrymandering and changing the rules is fine when Dems are in charge. We get it.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You mean like the Seattle judge, James Robart, who was the first to block Trump's immigration order and was appointed by George W. Bush?

Or derrick Watson - a liberal judge appointed by obama who thinks he has jurisdiction over everyone. Or the liberal judges trying to make the 1964 civil rights extend to LGBT. Judges don't amend laws congress does but liberal judges think they can update any statute oh how they please.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
We could eliminate illegal immigration overnight if we wanted to, by just legalizing immigration.

If you live in crime-ridden Honduras and you want to come to the U.S. in order to work hard as a roofer for a few months in order to feed and clothe your children, the way it should work is that you just drive up to the border, we do a quick Interpol-type check on you (maybe a couple hours of processing), then if it appears you're not a criminal, we hand you a work visa right then and there, and you go on about your business, and voila, you're now in the country legally. If you break any laws here, we kick you right out and you can't come back. And obviously citizenship would be a much longer process. But that also should be a lot easier than it is now.

And then as far as the not paying income taxes thing, there are different strategies we could take on that. One would be to try to collect some form of income taxes from them somehow or other (perhaps at the border when leaving, or some other way). And the other, probably better strategy, would be for us to just get rid of the income tax entirely, and have our tax system be based on around consumption/national sales tax. And road tolls and whatnot. Then everybody physically here would be physically forced to contribute their share of taxes.

And as far as fear of terrorists coming in, almost all of the terrorism in this country has been perpetrated by American natural-born citizens, or in some cases by legal immigrants. 99% of the people coming in from Mexico and Central America are just here to make money and not hurt anybody.
Says the delusional liberal. As long as we have foolish democrats promoting free rides and sanctuary city the option they will always choose is illegal. Why pay taxes when the dumb Americans will foot the bill? Why pay for healthcare when you can get it free? It doesn't work the way you think - you don't feed the ducks at the pond because they become dependent on human food and lazy yet that theory doesn't seem to apply to liberals. You give people a free ridge they are going to take it. Look at the government work force.
Why become a citizen when you can breed and let your offspring reap the benefits? My guess is you haven't seen reality.
Lastly it's not my problem if someone lived in crime ridden Honduras it's Honduras problem. The US isn't the motel 6 for every poor immigrant. We used to attract people who wanted careers and contributed but thanks to liberals we now are home to illegal roofers.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:23 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Obama is just barely out of office, and is already widely ranked the 12th best president of all time, out of 44. And since historians tend to have a bias for distant history, plus nostalgia factor, that rank will only be rising with the years and decades.

Kennedy is currently #8, and Reagan is at #9.

So, no, fictional Donald Duck would not have been a better president.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:29 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmichael View Post
Or derrick Watson - a liberal judge appointed by obama who thinks he has jurisdiction over everyone. Or the liberal judges trying to make the 1964 civil rights extend to LGBT. Judges don't amend laws congress does but liberal judges think they can update any statute oh how they please.
You obviously aren't well versed in this subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta