U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 03:31 PM

1,164 posts, read 926,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
Can someone please highlight an achievement from Ossoff's professional life that leads you to believe he is a good fit for a leadership position?
He has five more years of political experience than the President.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:33 PM

684 posts, read 533,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
::claps enthusiastically::

YES!

Old 03-30-2017, 03:35 PM

5,943 posts, read 2,911,446 times
The idea of abolishing the Department of Education sounds acceptable enough if you live in a northern state. But if you're non-religious/pro-science/socially progressive in the Bible Belt, if it weren't for national DoE guidelines and policies, states like ours would probably have the public schools teach creationism and homophobia and revisionist racial history and etc etc.

In theory I would support states' rights, except that I live in Georgia, and I know for certain that I would abhor everything this backwards state would ever do in the name of "states rights".

Old 03-30-2017, 03:45 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,117,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
Can someone please highlight an achievement from Ossoff's professional life that leads you to believe he is a good fit for a leadership position?

As far as I can tell he was a 5 year flunkie for 'Congressman Guam Gunna Tip Over' and he did a video highlighting 'ISIS is bad.'

I'm not saying he won't do a good job, but there is nothing in his very, very thin record that makes me think he is capable of achieving anything.
"Quick Facts About Jon
Jon was born in Atlanta’s Piedmont Hospital. He grew up in the Northlake area.

Both of Jon’s grandfathers served in World War II. His father’s dad was an American bombardier on B-24 Liberators in the Pacific. His mother’s dad was a twice-captured Australian infantryman who fought Nazis in the Mediterranean.

Jon held a Top Secret security clearance while working with our military and intelligence community on counterterrorism, naval, air, and cybersecurity programs.

Jon played third base for the South London Pirates in the British Baseball Federation while earning his Master’s degree at the London School of Economics.

While he worked on Capitol Hill in Washington, Jon sang Bass in performances with the National Symphony Orchestra at The Kennedy Center.

Jon’s company is renowned for supporting and partnering with local investigative journalists around the world.

Last year, Jon led a team that exposed more than 30 corrupt judges in the West African nation of Ghana.

This year, one of Jon’s teams uncovered mass killings and sexual slavery by ISIS on the front line in Iraq while producing a documentary for the BBC.

Jon’s company has targeted quack doctors who put women’s lives at risk in poor and remote parts of the world.

Jon studied under Madeleine Albright and former Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren as an undergraduate at Georgetown University.

Jon wrote his Master’s thesis at the London School of Economics on trade relations between the U.S. and China."

Source: (https://electjon.com/about-jon/)

I hope he can expose the corruption in Washington currently. Anything is better than the Republicans who have control of the Senate and House but can't even unite as a team and who wants to get rid of Meals on Wheels and who wanted get rid of 24 million people off of Obama Care. They want to cut funding to the EPA but spend more on Military when we already spend more then all other Western countries combined. Now you tell me, what can a Republican do to stop this? All a Republican is likely to do is follow the leader (Trump). No thanks!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2017, 03:50 PM

20,950 posts, read 32,944,970 times
Quote:
These days a dearth of exposure to Washington will get you elected.
And I'm sure you were equally put out by the lack of experience that our last President brought to the table. Mmm-hmm, thought so.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:03 PM

1,164 posts, read 926,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
And I'm sure you were equally put out by the lack of experience that our last President brought to the table. Mmm-hmm, thought so.
President Obama had 12 years of political experience as an elected official before becoming president: eight years as a state senator and four years as a U.S. Senator.

That said, I don't think his lack of political experience is even on the first page of our current President's list of problems. Actually, I've been pretty grateful for it in the early going.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:27 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,117,144 times
Quote:
President Obama had 12 years of political experience as an elected official before becoming president: eight years as a state senator and four years as a U.S. Senator.

That said, I don't think his lack of political experience is even on the first page of our current President's list of problems. Actually, I've been pretty grateful for it in the early going.
Well said, Cameron!!! And you are right about his list of problems.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:48 PM

1,268 posts, read 631,135 times
Quote:
The candidate that supports abolishing the DoE will get my vote.
Despite being a supporter of the Dept of Education, which is especially needed in backwards deep southern states with poor standards, I too would support abolishing it now that Betsy DeVos is head of it. We can reestablish it once we get a competent president and cabinet again.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:51 PM

643 posts, read 311,450 times
Quote:
Way to turn this into a Trump is bad thread. Why deflect a legitimate question?

Take off your blinders and open your eyes, son.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:54 PM

643 posts, read 311,450 times
Quote:
These days a dearth of exposure to Washington will get you elected.
True... but I want my elected officials to have some track record of accomplishments. Ossoff has done almost nothing to qualify him in my mind. Can someone please explain his appeal other than being handpicked by a political party for this seat. Simply having a 'D' next to his name and being 'not Trump' doesn't do it for me. Give me some reason to believe this kid can do something. Making a few films and passing yourself off as a hero in political ads does not count as an accomplishment in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or