U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 08:49 PM

2,813 posts, read 1,399,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
What qualities do you see in other Reps, or candidates, that are more appealing to you? What makes you choose one candidate over the others?

How much do you expect one Rep out of 435 to single-handedly accomplish against a group like ISIS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
He can make a video about it and then talk about what a hero he is.
So...you don't have specific expectations of what one Representative out of 435 in the House of Representatives should do about ISIS? Or any other international issue? No opinion on what makes one qualified for the office? You just super-dislike this guy? Pretty much that?

Old 04-01-2017, 06:50 AM

3,966 posts, read 4,560,126 times
i'm in the sixth and i am debating whether or not electing ossoff will make a difference.

i want a congressperson that will rip apart the symbiotic relationship our federal government has developed with corporations and industries. despite what jared kushner said recently, our government is not a corporation; we aren't customers. the government belongs to citizens and it should be run by citizens.

i want a congressperson who wants to end drone strikes.

i want a congressperson who will defund our militarized police forces and replace them with community based self-policing.

i want a congressperson who will protect us from our own government when our constitutional rights and privacy are under attack from the right and the left.

i cannot and will not vote for another 'clinton democrat' and i don't know if jon ossoff is willing to do all, or any of these things. of course, the republicans at this point are a lost cause entirely.

Last edited by bryantm3; 04-01-2017 at 06:59 AM..

Old 04-01-2017, 07:40 AM

28,137 posts, read 24,666,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i cannot and will not vote for another 'clinton democrat' and i don't know if jon ossoff is willing to do all, or any of these things. of course, the republicans at this point are a lost cause entirely.
In other words you are fine with Trump and the Republicans running the show.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:00 AM

1,270 posts, read 630,571 times
Quote:
i'm in the sixth and i am debating whether or not electing ossoff will make a difference.

i want a congressperson that will rip apart the symbiotic relationship our federal government has developed with corporations and industries. despite what jared kushner said recently, our government is not a corporation; we aren't customers. the government belongs to citizens and it should be run by citizens.

i want a congressperson who will defund our militarized police forces and replace them with community based self-policing.

i want a congressperson who will protect us from our own government when our constitutional rights and privacy are under attack from the right and the left.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:35 AM

2,162 posts, read 1,040,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
In other words you are fine with Trump and the Republicans running the show.

I totally agtee wih Bryant. I will post why when I have the time. We have been settling for less for a long time. The country is changing and democrats needs to know that a good chunck of the base are not blue dog democrats.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:53 AM

28,137 posts, read 24,666,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I totally agtee wih Bryant. I will post why when I have the time. We have been settling for less for a long time. The country is changing and democrats needs to know that a good chunck of the base are not blue dog democrats.
So you will support continued Republican control of the 6th congressional district, until a Democrat to your liking happens to come along? That'll show 'em!

Wonder who's in the Laughing Room over this one?

Old 04-01-2017, 03:55 PM

976 posts, read 426,821 times
Quote:

I saw Jon Ossoff today. Someone asked him which committees he would want to be on in Congress. He mentioned Armed Services, because he has experience there, and Judiciary, because of his interest in fighting corruption. I don't know if that tells you anything you want to hear or not. He seems committed. He has seen a lot of regular people giving up their time to work for his campaign and I really get the feeling that means something to him.......he takes that as a big responsibility. I have seen him several times now. The more I see him, the more impressed I am.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:06 PM

3,546 posts, read 2,307,974 times
Quote:

A new congressperson has very little power to enact his or her own policy positions. The House agenda is completely controlled 100% by the majority leadership. The more important factor is how their participation affects the balance of power as a whole. We've already seen that it's going to be hard for Trump to pass the legislation he wants even with Republicans having control of Congress. Having one less Republican member will make it just a little bit harder for them.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:15 PM

643 posts, read 311,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
I saw Jon Ossoff today. Someone asked him which committees he would want to be on in Congress. He mentioned Armed Services, because he has experience there, and Judiciary, because of his interest in fighting corruption. I don't know if that tells you anything you want to hear or not. He seems committed. He has seen a lot of regular people giving up their time to work for his campaign and I really get the feeling that means something to him.......he takes that as a big responsibility. I have seen him several times now. The more I see him, the more impressed I am.
Yeah...

He is a regular War Hero. All that time... doing... nothing... ever. Better get him on that Armed Services committee. He sure has a lot of value to add. Perhaps they aren't aware the sex slavery by ISIS is bad.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:18 PM

992 posts, read 517,075 times
Osoff is a light weight, we'll see if he can win on a "I ain't Trump" platform... That's all Clinton offered and she lost.

His campaign has to be praying for 51%, he'll never win the runoff despite all the outside money pouring in

In any event, the seat will be R in the next regular election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or