U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 04:43 PM

4,143 posts, read 5,733,244 times

Advertisements

With all the ads being run for him, I thought, Osoff was running as a Republican until recently when John Lewis endorsed him.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 2,301,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
With all the ads being run for him, I thought, Osoff was running as a Republican until recently when John Lewis endorsed him.
I've seen way more attack ads bashing him than I have ads for him.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:33 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,553,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
In other words you are fine with Trump and the Republicans running the show.

At least they are upfront about being corporate schills and nazis instead of the mental gymnastics we get from so-called "liberals" justifying their continued support of the surveillance state, mass incarceration, and our perpetual war machine.

"I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands-- even if he's wrong-- than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil." - Malcolm X

Don't get me wrong-- Ossoff seems like a nice guy. But I've seen this movie too many times.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:03 AM

3,528 posts, read 2,301,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
At least they are upfront about being corporate schills and nazis instead of the mental gymnastics we get from so-called "liberals" justifying their continued support of the surveillance state, mass incarceration, and our perpetual war machine.

"I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands-- even if he's wrong-- than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil." - Malcolm X

Don't get me wrong-- Ossoff seems like a nice guy. But I've seen this movie too many times.
I bet u were Bernie or Bust too. That kind of thinking is what gave us Trump.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:35 AM

12,890 posts, read 20,969,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I bet u were Bernie or Bust too. That kind of thinking is what gave us Trump.
True this.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:55 AM

1,164 posts, read 925,505 times
Quote:
This is what I'll never understand about leftists. Yes, the Trump loyalists are upfront about depriving the poor and sick of health care. They're upfront about abolishing the EPA and rolling back regulations on polluters. They're upfront about repealing financial regulations and letting Wall Street privatize profits and socialize costs. They're upfront about mass discrimination against Muslims, gays, and all other outgroups that catch their attention, and they're upfront about deportation forces that tear families apart. They're upfront about seating right-wing justices who will eventually overturn Roe v. Wade. They're upfront about burning down the Department of Education and turning public schools over to creationists on local school boards throughout the Bible Belt. They're upfront about increasing military spending and slashing social spending while tearing up the rules of engagement that protect civilians in warzones. They're upfront about responding to third-world levels of income and wealth inequality in this country by slashing taxes for the rich (again). They're upfront about their view of American cities as crime-ridden hellholes where the big problem is that not enough young brown men are incarcerated in privatized prisons. They're upfront about making it as difficult as possible for brown people to vote.

But leftists congratulate them for being "upfront" about their single-minded determination to turn the entire country into Mississippi. Meanwhile, they despise moderate Democrats for their moderation, even though moderate Democrats are on their side on all those issues, because they're not far enough over on their side.

"At least the Trumpkins disagree with me about everything, as much as it's possible to disagree. I just can't stand these centrist Democrats who agree with me about almost everything but disagree with me, marginally, about a few things, or about immediate priorities, or about political tactics!"

"At least." Meaning, you prefer your enemies and your self-righteous outrage to allies that don't meet your ideological purity test. You get the politics and the society you deserve.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
This is what I'll never understand about leftists. Yes, the Trump loyalists are upfront about depriving the poor and sick of health care. They're upfront about abolishing the EPA and rolling back regulations on polluters. They're upfront about repealing financial regulations and letting Wall Street privatize profits and socialize costs. They're upfront about mass discrimination against Muslims, gays, and all other outgroups that catch their attention, and they're upfront about deportation forces that tear families apart. They're upfront about seating right-wing justices who will eventually overturn Roe v. Wade. They're upfront about burning down the Department of Education and turning public schools over to creationists on local school boards throughout the Bible Belt. They're upfront about increasing military spending and slashing social spending while tearing up the rules of engagement that protect civilians in warzones. They're upfront about responding to third-world levels of income and wealth inequality in this country by slashing taxes for the rich (again). They're upfront about their view of American cities as crime-ridden hellholes where the big problem is that not enough young brown men are incarcerated in privatized prisons. They're upfront about making it as difficult as possible for brown people to vote.

But leftists congratulate them for being "upfront" about their single-minded determination to turn the entire country into Mississippi. Meanwhile, they despise moderate Democrats for their moderation, even though moderate Democrats are on their side on all those issues, because they're not far enough over on their side.

"At least the Trumpkins disagree with me about everything, as much as it's possible to disagree. I just can't stand these centrist Democrats who agree with me about almost everything but disagree with me, marginally, about a few things, or about immediate priorities, or about political tactics!"

"At least." Meaning, you prefer your enemies and your self-righteous outrage to allies that don't meet your ideological purity test. You get the politics and the society you deserve.
Amen. Well said. Excellent post.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:41 AM

28,106 posts, read 24,632,008 times
Quote:

The Right is also upfront about requiring transgendered folks to use the bathrooms and facilities of their birth gender. Do you respect them more for that than the "so-called liberals" who would recognize how people actually live?

I have to agree with Cameron's assessment.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:31 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,553,693 times
i have *major* policy issues with the democrats right now. murdering innocent civilians overseas, mandating that all citizens buy a product from a corporation (the individual mandate), virtually enslaving millions of black americans in for-profit prisons and bankrolling wall street and multinational corporations at the expense of the rest of us are not minor policy differences. i can't support this crap. it's wrong. and if choosing between that and fascism are our only choices, how can you call this a free country? our government is losing its legitimacy.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
i have *major* policy issues with the democrats right now. murdering innocent civilians overseas, mandating that all citizens buy a product from a corporation (the individual mandate), virtually enslaving millions of black americans in for-profit prisons and bankrolling wall street and multinational corporations at the expense of the rest of us are not minor policy differences. i can't support this crap. it's wrong. and if choosing between that and fascism are our only choices, how can you call this a free country? our government is losing its legitimacy.

What/who do you support?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or