Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 02:12 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times

Advertisements

And yes, I should add the only thing scarier than President Trump, is President Pence. That is a factor.

(For that reason, maybe the best hope of an outcome is for Trump to just simply get defeated by a Democratic ticket in '20.)

Old 05-10-2017, 02:44 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
I am not blinded by partisan politics like you are. That is the difference here. Believe me if I thought there was anything to the Russia stuff I would be screaming it from rooftops. It is a waste of time.
You're a partisan Republican. You say you aren't, but it's abundantly clear from the content of all your posts. I don't know who you think you're fooling. We can all read your posts and draw the obvious conclusion. There is no ambiguity about your partisan allegiance.

Anyway, I really just wanted to chime in and say I think it's hilarious that you've decided there's nothing to the "Russia stuff," contrary to the assessment of U.S. and allied intelligence and law enforcement agencies and contrary to the assessment of the FBI Director who was just fired on the recommendation of the AG who recused himself from the investigation because he lied about his contact with Russian government officials during his confirmation hearings.

Nothing to see here, move along!

You must have a really high security clearance, but you should clue in all your counterintelligence colleagues so they can stop wasting time on their active investigations.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:37 PM

770 posts, read 603,776 times
Quote:
Do you honestly think Hillary was going to retain Comey after all that has gone on? She would have fired him faster than Trump did.
If Hillary had fired him last night, the Reps would be impeaching her tonight.

Get real that this is anything but completely off base and out of historical precedent, he is overstepping his bounds by kicking off the FBI director who is investigating him and his team.

Sure Trump has the right to fire him, but doing so while he's being investigated and for the phony excuse they came up with when post inauguration he stood by him saying I trust him, is bull^^^^.

I'll add, that doesn't even come into the fact that Jeff Sessions was supposed to be recused from anything related to Clinton emails or the Russia investigation, but suddenly in the firing last night threw himself directly into both. He has knowingly UNDERMINED the DOJ and should be immediately fired for doing so.

Last edited by Hokiehaven; 05-10-2017 at 03:47 PM..

Old 05-10-2017, 03:44 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,910,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
You're a partisan Republican. You say you aren't, but it's abundantly clear from the content of all your posts. I don't know who you think you're fooling. We can all read your posts and draw the obvious conclusion. There is no ambiguity about your partisan allegiance.

Anyway, I really just wanted to chime in and say I think it's hilarious that you've decided there's nothing to the "Russia stuff," contrary to the assessment of U.S. and allied intelligence and law enforcement agencies and contrary to the assessment of the FBI Director who was just fired on the recommendation of the AG who recused himself from the investigation because he lied about his contact with Russian government officials during his confirmation hearings.

Nothing to see here, move along!

You must have a really high security clearance, but you should clue in all your counterintelligence colleagues so they can stop wasting time on their active investigations.
Agree! RonRicks is as fake as The Donald's orange glow. He's heard on Fox News that the Democrats just can't get over Hillary losing and so he parrots that ad infinitum. He thinks he is creating division among the Dems. Forget it. Did you notice the progressives all line up behind one candidate, Ossoff? We are working together and looking forward, not crying over the last election. Guess that scares people like RonRicks.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
As of right now there is no evidence of collusion. Could something be found? Sure, but I also could win the lottery this week. But right now there is nothing and as each day goes on it gets more and more pointless. Flynn is gone. It doesn't matter at this point if he was compromised because he isn't in a position of power anymore. At this point what difference does it make? You realize there is nothing that is going to put Hillary in the White House. It is over. She lost to one of the worst most unqualified and unlikable candidates in the last 100 years. Russia isn't going to change any of that. At worst we are stuck with Mike Pence and if you look into his background, beliefs, agenda he is even scarier than Trump.
Have you watched the Sally Yates and Clapper meeting on Monday, they more than a few times claim that there is evidence that strong ties were developed between the Trump team and Russia. Flynn wasn't kicked out by Trump and in fact was warned numerous times about him, but did NOTHING, EVER, only until leaked info came out by the Washington Post did they fire him. So they have proven to WILLFULLY allow him to be in his job while knowing he was compromised by the RUSSIANS.

To throw out Clinton being in the WH is junk, that's just distraction. Everyone knows that, but if he has colluded, this will be the biggest political story in history to date and for any American to deny this should be investigated to the fullest extent is beyond me, in fact any politician that is stalling this should be kicked out of office, and hopefully they will be their next election.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
And yes, I should add the only thing scarier than President Trump, is President Pence. That is a factor.

(For that reason, maybe the best hope of an outcome is for Trump to just simply get defeated by a Democratic ticket in '20.)
I will say the fortunate thing is, Pence being the leader of the transition and reportedly being told the info on Flynn already and now denying it, should make him liable as liable potentially as Trump.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:15 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
A new Quinnipiac poll conducted from May 4-9, 2017 reportedly shows Donald Trump's approval ratings dropping to a new all-time low.

Keep in mind that this is a poll that was taken mostly BEFORE Trump's highly-controversial firing of James Comey from his position as Director of the FBI on Tuesday.

"More bad news for Trump: His poll numbers hit new lows" (The Boston Globe/MSN)
More bad news for Trump: His poll numbers hit new lows

Quote:
President Donald Trump is dealing with a budding scandal after his decision to fire FBI Director James Comey on Tuesday.

But even before that, he appears to have hit a new low with the American people.

A new poll from Quinnipiac University shows Trump’s disapproval rating rising to 58 percent - a new high in Quinnipiac’s regular polling and the highest in a high-quality, non-tracking poll since his inauguration. Just 36 percent approved of Trump’s job performance.

The only other poll to show his disapproval that high since his inauguration was Gallup, which briefly showed his disapproval rating ticking up to 59 percent in March before it dropped to 52 percent a week later.

The Quinnipiac poll also shows the president’s favorable rating - more of a personal measure than a job measure - dropping to a new low of 35 percent. The percentage of Americans who strongly approve of him is tied for an all-time low at 25 percent. And the percentage who strongly disapprove has reached an all-time high of 51 percent.

"May 10, 2017 - U.S. Voters Send Trump Approval To Near Record Low; Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; No Winner In Media War, But Voters Trust Media More" (Quinnipiac University/Poll)
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2456
Quote:
American voters, who gave President Donald Trump a slight approval bump after the missile strike in Syria, today give him a near-record negative 36 - 58 percent job approval rating, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. Critical are big losses among white voters with no college degree, white men and independent voters.

Today's job approval rating compares to a negative 40 - 56 percent approval rating in an April 19 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University and a negative 35 - 57 percent score April 4, his lowest approval rating since he became president.

The president is losing support among independent voters and groups which are important parts of his base. Approval ratings are:
Negative 29 - 63 percent among independent voters, down from a negative 38 - 56 percent April 19;
A split among white voters with no college degree, as 47 percent approve and 46 percent disapprove, compared to a 57 - 38 percent approval April 19;
White men go from a 53 - 41 percent approval April 19 to a split today with 48 percent approving and 46 percent disapproving.
American voters' opinions of several of Trump's personal qualities are down:
61 - 33 percent that he is not honest, compared to 58 - 37 percent April 19;
56 - 41 percent that he does not have good leadership skills, little change;
59 - 38 percent that he does not care about average Americans, compared to 57 - 42 percent April 19;
66 - 29 percent that he is not level-headed, compared to 63 - 33 percent last month;
62 - 35 percent that he is a strong person, little change;
56 - 41 percent that he is intelligent, compared to 58 - 38 percent;
64 - 32 percent that he does not share their values, compared to 61 - 35 percent.
"There is no way to spin or sugarcoat these sagging numbers," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

"The erosion of white men, white voters without college degrees and independent voters, the declaration by voters that President Donald Trump's first 100 days were mainly a failure and deepening concerns about Trump's honesty, intelligence and level headedness are red flags that the administration simply can't brush away," Malloy added.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:27 PM

81 posts, read 92,251 times
This topic is about the 6th district and NOT Trump! Isn't there a national politics thread ?

Old 05-10-2017, 04:35 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Blaze View Post
This topic is about the 6th district and NOT Trump! Isn't there a national politics thread ?
All politics is national these days, unfortunately. Judging by the attack ads, you'd think Jon Ossoff had a second head that looks like Nancy Pelosi.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:36 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,146,666 times
Negative. If these canaries keep singing, we will be rid of both of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta