Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
Driving down Briarcliff Rd yesterday saw neighbors on opposing teams In heated battle's like this, I sometimes wonder what neighbors think of each other when their political views are so different.
It used to be no big deal. But the hatred permeating the Democrats oozes out of a lot of posts on this thread.

Tucker puts it well in talking about the media:

Tucker Carlson: Media "Degrading" Themselves Over Trump; "Stumbling Around In Sightless Rage, Screaming" | Video | RealClearPolitics

...Media figures, adults, smart people who have been around, have perspective -- or did have perspective. They’ve succumbed to Trump hatred that is so intense, it has destroyed their judgment and in some cases affected their character.

I see it all the time. Where normal people see flaws --and they do exist-- with the president, they see crimes and conspiracies. the rest of us may complain that Trump is undisciplined and impulsive, they regard him as the single greatest threat to Western civilization since nuclear weapons...

A cover up? A cover up of what exactly?

The speaker isn't offering analysis, he is preaching to those who are already converted. His listeners already know that Donald Trump is evil, and they don't want details, they want a sermon. And sermons are mostly what they're getting these days...

We don't allow reporters to cover their spouses or kids. Why don't we? Because they wouldn't be able to see clearly. Their emotions would cloud their judgment. Their love would get in the way of fair coverage. Hate has the same effect on people. It distorts their view of reality. In the end, it blinds you completely. And that's where the media are now. Stumbling around in a sightless rage, screaming.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:51 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Tips For Washington Post Trump Articles Based On Anonymous Leaks

And examples of the Washington Post's frequent failures with fake news from their anonymous sources.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:51 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,155,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
It used to be no big deal. But the hatred permeating the Democrats oozes out of a lot of posts on this thread.

Tucker puts it well in talking about the media:

Tucker Carlson: Media "Degrading" Themselves Over Trump; "Stumbling Around In Sightless Rage, Screaming" | Video | RealClearPolitics

...Media figures, adults, smart people who have been around, have perspective -- or did have perspective. They’ve succumbed to Trump hatred that is so intense, it has destroyed their judgment and in some cases affected their character.

I see it all the time. Where normal people see flaws --and they do exist-- with the president, they see crimes and conspiracies. the rest of us may complain that Trump is undisciplined and impulsive, they regard him as the single greatest threat to Western civilization since nuclear weapons...

A cover up? A cover up of what exactly?

The speaker isn't offering analysis, he is preaching to those who are already converted. His listeners already know that Donald Trump is evil, and they don't want details, they want a sermon. And sermons are mostly what they're getting these days...

We don't allow reporters to cover their spouses or kids. Why don't we? Because they wouldn't be able to see clearly. Their emotions would cloud their judgment. Their love would get in the way of fair coverage. Hate has the same effect on people. It distorts their view of reality. In the end, it blinds you completely. And that's where the media are now. Stumbling around in a sightless rage, screaming.
So you're OK with the President of the United States:

-Potentially colluding with the Kremlin for help to win the election?
-Firing the man investigating said collusion?
-Leaking highly classified information to the Russians?
-Claiming he has the "absolute right" to leak this info?

I just want to make sure I understand that this really is your position.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:53 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,155,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
Driving down Briarcliff Rd yesterday saw neighbors on opposing teams In heated battle's like this, I sometimes wonder what neighbors think of each other when their political views are so different.
TBH I'd rather have both of them put their yard signs up than neither of them do so. Civic involvement is good.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:00 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Amusingly (if you like black humor), the Washington Post handled the information more responsibly than the president did.

But I think it's great that bu2 and others continue to plant their flags in this thread, defending this inept buffoon no matter what he does.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:50 PM

770 posts, read 603,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
I canvassed before the jungle primary with a young man who came in on his own dime from New York as an unpaid volunteer. The balance of power in Congress is a national issue. It has reached a critical stage now, with Trump's ego blasting through national security conventions and concerns. Trump is a sick man and he has got to be stopped or we will spend the next generation trying to undo the damage he is inflicting on our system of government and our relationships with our allies. The Founding Fathers did not foresee a Donald Trump and I fear our checks and balances are failing.
I would actually say the Founding Fathers did foresee a Donald Trump, but expected two things:

One the Electoral College to step in and control things if the public bought into a populist who was a national celebrity with no clear ideas and ability for the job at hand. That's what the Electoral College is there for, to be a check on the public.

Second, the system of checks and balances in place would contain the threat to the nation as a whole, unfortunately the Republicans control both the House and the Senate and so the system of checks and balances is out of balance, and the only remaining checks are ones like the FBI, NSA, CIA and the FBI has already been undermined and yet the Republicans continue to allow the system of checks and balances go out the window.

If you aren't there yet, there's nothing he can do anymore to incense you, I know many Republicans and Democrats who are unhappy with what they've seen. He's proven to be unstable and incapable of doing the job at hand and is admitting to breaking laws now. We're at a point where if the Senate and House don't do anything about it, they are culpable and just as guilty for going along with it and not retaining our checks and balances.

The fact is, if this was any other president they wouldn't get a pass and they would be already under impeachment hearings, so why does a celebrity with no experience at the job get a pass, it's the same job no matter who is doing it.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:02 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Is Mr. Putin endorsing Handel or Ossoff?

Old 05-16-2017, 03:12 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
So you're OK with the President of the United States:

I just want to make sure I understand that this really is your position.
Too bad for you liberals that none of that ever occurred! lol

No proof whatsoever! Just a liberal pipe dream!

Comey wasn't doing the investigation, he was leading the FBI. The investigation continues unabated.

Never happened. Another pipe dream!

He does, but it doesn't matter because it never happened!

Carry on comrade! carry on!

And to stay on topic - Go Handel!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:21 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Too bad for you liberals that none of that ever occurred! lol

No proof whatsoever! Just a liberal pipe dream!

Comey wasn't doing the investigation, he was leading the FBI. The investigation continues unabated.

Never happened. Another pipe dream!

He does, but it doesn't matter because it never happened!

Carry on comrade! carry on!

And to stay on topic - Go Handel!
Don't think you would be singing the same tune had all of these information had been attached to Clinton.

Anyways I think is very sad for our country that most of us back up into the political party line and put that over country.

I for one want to see an investigation on it and find out if there is anything there. We elect presidents not kings.

Hope for the future of pir country that we learn to work together in moving this country forward or we won't have to worry about the Russians, chinese or Isis for our destruction we will do that ourselves.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:13 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Don't think you would be singing the same tune had all of these information had been attached to Clinton.
Oh, if either Obama or Hillary had done even a tiny fraction of this amount of shady stuff, these same Trump supporting morons would have been calling for their public execution. Not even exaggerating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta