Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 07:30 AM

816 posts, read 993,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknapp1 View Post
Really? I've been on Trulia and Zillow and have found good houses in our price range in all those places. I guess everything up there just looks like a better price compared to where we are coming from. Decent houses start in the $350,000 and do not come on any land but what the house was built on in SW Fl. We are also looking into Gwinnett county as we just found a job opportunity there. Fire department looks great and so do the housing prices.
Again, it all depends on the school cluster as well. A home zoned in the Sequoya High cluster will be priced higher than a house up the road zoned in the Cherokee High cluster.

Where I live in Woodstock, I am in the Etowah high cluster. A subdivision right around the corner from me with the same type and style of homes (built by the same builders) is a good $50-$75K cheaper, because it is zoned in the Woodstock high cluster.

Gwinnett county has great schools as well. You can't go wrong with that area too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 09:38 PM

46 posts, read 47,137 times
Live in Cherokee and work in Cobb. They're brother and sister anyway. Cobb may be too developed/urban in certain areas. Cherokee is pretty developed in some parts also (southern border and downtown Woodstock in Cherokee Co.) but also has more small town feel towards the middle and northern ends.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:35 AM

97 posts, read 101,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflux300 View Post
Live in Cherokee and work in Cobb. They're brother and sister anyway. Cobb may be too developed/urban in certain areas. Cherokee is pretty developed in some parts also (southern border and downtown Woodstock in Cherokee Co.) but also has more small town feel towards the middle and northern ends.
Sadly, he did not get the job in Cobb. He also was unable to make it to Cherokees mandatory orientation meeting so looks like those two are out. All he has left is Gwinnett and waiting to here back from Bartow. We are also looking into Nashville, Chattanooga and some places in North Carolina (Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem & Raleigh). My husband also likes Asheville but I fear that is to expensive for us.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:05 PM

994 posts, read 1,540,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknapp1 View Post
Sadly, he did not get the job in Cobb. He also was unable to make it to Cherokees mandatory orientation meeting so looks like those two are out. All he has left is Gwinnett and waiting to here back from Bartow. We are also looking into Nashville, Chattanooga and some places in North Carolina (Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem & Raleigh). My husband also likes Asheville but I fear that is to expensive for us.
Nashville is undergoing a major growth phase and is now likely out of your price range. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is true and worth exploring before you get too serious about considering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta