Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 02:54 PM

120 posts, read 96,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
What did you expect? Come on, man.
So does it mean I am subject to harassment?Does this apply for traffic ticket?If i park in the wrong place am I subject to harassment?Why is every police encounter seems "justified" by people?You see why my thread is titled "Police NEED body cameras" everyone here seem to suggest when a cop encounters you for what ever reason,they can just harass you and be GODS.I know my laws,rights and I have every right to be free from harassment from cops or citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 03:06 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerissomeguyxx209 View Post
I know my laws,rights and I have every right to be free from harassment from cops or citizens.
If you are hanging out in a PARK in downtown Atlanta by YOURSELF at TWO AM, there's every reason to think you might be waiting on a customer or a dealer! Get real!

But no, God forbid you'd have some sense of personal responsibility, you just want to blame the Po Po for everything.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:13 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
And you haven't made a very good case.

All you said is they kept asking you questions and had a look in their eyes like they wanted to arrest you. See how far that complaint gets you.

What specifically did they ask? How long did they ask the questions? They were probably trying to judge your mental state to make sure you weren't drunk or high or mentally unstable. Being a closed park downtown at 2am is probable cause to investigate. It really doesn't sound like harassment, but good luck with your claim.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:25 PM

654 posts, read 527,179 times
Tell us, very specifically, what exactly they did to you for it to be considered harassment?

Old 04-20-2017, 04:29 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
OP: Where we live if you were found in the park at 2:00am there would have been no questions, you would have been arrested, taken to jail and charged with trespassing. The parks here close at 10:00pm.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:09 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
I feel like the benefit of the doubt should go to the taxpayer in this situation. It's appropriate for the police to find out what somebody is doing hanging out in a park at 2 am, but if the citizen gives a reasonable answer there's ordinarily no reason to give them the 3rd Degree.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:15 PM

95 posts, read 85,943 times
Police questioning isn't harassment, especially of a "angerissomeguyxx209" who was in a park at 2 am after a fight with his wife. Might you have been a little hot tempered during the encounter?

Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP: Where we live if you were found in the park at 2:00am there would have been no questions, you would have been arrested, taken to jail and charged with trespassing. The parks here close at 10:00pm.
/end thread

Old 04-20-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
If you are hanging out in a PARK in downtown Atlanta by YOURSELF at TWO AM, there's every reason to think you might be waiting on a customer or a dealer! Get real!
So if I park in the wrong area or speed does it mean im subject to harassment?

Quote:
But no, God forbid you'd have some sense of personal responsibility, you just want to blame the Po Po for everything.
What am I blaming the Pigs for?All im complaining is harassment you seem to think im wrong here i'll say it simple I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE OFFICERS QUESTIONING ME ABOUT BEING AT THE PARK,its when the questions turn unprofessional and harassment occurs get it now?

Of course every encounter the officers are always right

Old 04-20-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Vol View Post
Police questioning isn't harassment, especially of a "angerissomeguyxx209" who was in a park at 2 am after a fight with his wife. Might you have been a little hot tempered during the encounter?
Argument with my wife,which couple doesn't have arguments?

Hot tempered?Its reason i went to the park and cool off and get fresh nothing wrong with walking away.

As for the encounter I know how to manage myself,everyone goes through things i answered all questions they asked its when they started getting rude and harrassing me(but of course to people on the forum police dont harrass people)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta