U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 09:18 PM

13,708 posts, read 18,498,776 times

Advertisements

As has been reported / discussed in other threads, Pinewood Forrest is the 234-acre new urbanism "live, work, create" community being built adjacent to Pinewood Studios in Fayetteville. Referred to as "the Avalon of the Southside," "Seaside (Florida) on steroids" and "the next Serenbe," Pinewood Forrest upon completion will have more than 1,200 residences and 270,000 square feet of office, restaurant and retail space, along with 2 hotels, a 3,000-seat performing arts center and miles of nature trails and acres of green space.

The "grand opening" for Pinewood Forrest was held this weekend, with the first homesites ceremoniously "raised" and the sales center opened. As of today (Saturday 4-22) 26 homes have already been sold -- IN JUST ONE DAY!

Some pretty exciting updates were announced at a press event on Friday. The development will include a "downtown main street district" with 4-story buildings featuring ground-level retail and restaurant space, wide sidewalks (for cafes etc) and loft apartments above. But the biggest news is this: Pinewood Forrest will be the first all-geothermal community in the nation -- which will greatly reduce energy costs and eliminate noisy outdoor HVAC units altogether.

Here are some links to this weekend's latest news. I'll update this thread as more develops.

FROM DAN CATHY:

“Pinewood Atlanta Studios and the greater Pinewood community are one of the most exciting things going on in ... the world. We’re just blessed with an abundance of opportunity and land to be able to do what Disney and Warner Brothers and Sony would’ve loved to have done but never had the opportunity to do"

Pinewood raises the bar for Fayette - The Citizen

Fayette News / Pinewood Forrest celebrates raising of first wall - Fayette News

https://pinewoodforrestrealestate.com/properties/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 09:47 PM

5,242 posts, read 5,017,601 times
Quote:
... said each of the homes will be outfitted with geothermal heating and cooling. That translates into a 40-70 percent reduction in cooling and heating costs and no outside units to add noise to the immediate environment, he added.
Now that's pretty damn cool.

I am excited to see what happens. Still have my doubts about its long term viability, but it sounds like they are building a high quality community, which is what belongs in Fayette. We got lucky, I was really concerned about the future of the county. Things are looking good, thanks Dan

Old 04-22-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Now that's pretty damn cool.

I am excited to see what happens. Still have my doubts about its long term viability, but it sounds like they are building a high quality community, which is what belongs in Fayette. We got lucky, I was really concerned about the future of the county. Things are looking good, thanks Dan
I agree. There are still a few naysayers out there, folks who liked the County just the way it was the day they arrived (from wherever) and never wanted it to change. But as history has shown, not only was that unreasonable (duh!) but the economics of it nearly destroyed the community during the Great Recession.

Of all the things that could have pulled Fayette County away from a complete real esrate collapse (which almost happened) and set the economic futures of the community on a remarkable new path, the film industry was certainly the last on anyone's minds. And yet the fact that it did just reaffirms the amazing story that is Fayette County's history, from its rise as one of the most impoverished and forgotten counties in Metro Atlanta to one of the wealthiest and most desirable, the founding of Peachtree City in 1959 in literally the middle of nowhere, and the adoption of some of the strictest zoning and building codes in the nation in the 1960s.

Just 5 years ago, a lot of my friends and family in Fayette were sincerely (and understandably) worried about the future. Not anymore. There is a level of excitement, anticipation and PRIDE there I haven't seen in years -- especially in Fayetteville, which has always languished in the snooty shadow of Peachtree City. (All the new development going on in downtown Fayetteville with the bars, restaurants and loft apartments only adds to the energy). As the mayor of PTC said in a council meeting recently, they should be worried about all the progress Fayetteville is making. It's truly got the momentum now.

Last edited by Newsboy; 04-22-2017 at 10:41 PM..

Old 04-22-2017, 11:18 PM

15,001 posts, read 24,019,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
As has been reported / discussed in other threads, Pinewood Forrest is the 234-acre new urbanism "live, work, create" community being built adjacent to Pinewood Studios in Fayetteville. Referred to as "the Avalon of the Southside," "Seaside (Florida) on steroids" and "the next Serenbe," Pinewood Forrest upon completion will have more than 1,200 residences and 270,000 square feet of office, restaurant and retail space, along with 2 hotels, a 3,000-seat performing arts center and miles of nature trails and acres of green space.

The "grand opening" for Pinewood Forrest was held this weekend, with the first homesites ceremoniously "raised" and the sales center opened. As of today (Saturday 4-22) 26 homes have already been sold -- IN JUST ONE DAY!

Some pretty exciting updates were announced at a press event on Friday. The development will include a "downtown main street district" with 4-story buildings featuring ground-level retail and restaurant space, wide sidewalks (for cafes etc) and loft apartments above. But the biggest news is this: Pinewood Forrest will be the first all-geothermal community in the nation -- which will greatly reduce energy costs and eliminate noisy outdoor HVAC units altogether.

Here are some links to this weekend's latest news. I'll update this thread as more develops.

FROM DAN CATHY:

“Pinewood Atlanta Studios and the greater Pinewood community are one of the most exciting things going on in ... the world. We’re just blessed with an abundance of opportunity and land to be able to do what Disney and Warner Brothers and Sony would’ve loved to have done but never had the opportunity to do"

Pinewood raises the bar for Fayette - The Citizen

Fayette News / Pinewood Forrest celebrates raising of first wall - Fayette News

https://pinewoodforrestrealestate.com/properties/
Good post and great for FayCo.

Questions:

1. Is Pinewood Forrest officially within the City of Fayetteville?

2. Can you post or do you have any information on the emerging "West Fayetteville" initiative?

3. How does Pine Forrest connect or relate to West Fayetteville? Is it considered "within" West Fayetteville? Is it next to it? Or are they too far from each other to produce any kind of synergy?

Old 04-23-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Good post and great for FayCo.

Questions:

1. Is Pinewood Forrest officially within the City of Fayetteville?

2. Can you post or do you have any information on the emerging "West Fayetteville" initiative?

3. How does Pine Forrest connect or relate to West Fayetteville? Is it considered "within" West Fayetteville? Is it next to it? Or are they too far from each other to produce any kind of synergy?

1. Yes, the entire Pinewood Studios / Pinewood Forrest area (total @ 800 acres) was annexed into the City of Fayetteville as part of the development agreement about 3 years ago. The NW city limits boundary is at Pinewood Studios property line on Sandy Creek Road. Lots of surrounding property owners not officially part of the Pinewood project also successfully petitioned for annexation. I think all total, this increased the city limits area by about 25 percent. Further, this entire area falls within the Fayette County HS attendance cluster which is great because until now most all new residential growth in the county and school enrollment growth has been in the south (Whitewater and Starr's Mill).

2. I'm not familiar with the details of the West Fayetteville initiative but know it includes the whole central part of the County centered on Pinewood Studios and the booming medical district surrounding Piedmont Fayette Hospital. Later this year the city will build a "gateway" pedestrian bridge across Hwy 54 at the hospital to link the multiuse path system from north to south (and eventually all the way to Peachtree City). Though Google says Peachtree City and Fayetteville are 9 miles apart, it's in fact only 3 miles or so from city limit to city limit on Hwy 54.

3. Yes, Pinewood and the Medical District pretty much ARE "West Fayetteville" -- one and the same. The City of Fayetteville is the final stages of adopting a new long-range plan that addresses the needs and desires of planners to balance growth between the Pinewood Forrest and Historic Downtown districts, as well as shore up and maintain the vitality of Fayette Pavilion on the north side of town (which as the largest retail shopping center in the state of Georgia is essential to the economy of the whole County).

Old 04-23-2017, 07:35 AM

356 posts, read 210,082 times
Really impressed that the homes will use geothermal.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:43 AM

23,115 posts, read 37,584,430 times
Is it just me, or does anyone else love watching Fayette steal the Northside's thunder?

Old 04-23-2017, 07:56 AM

5,634 posts, read 3,946,816 times
Is this the final plan for Pinewood Forest? I've seen numerous plans over the years, and this one doesn't strike me as the most appealing of them. Still nice, for sure. Not sure I would compare it to Serenbe though.

But, one thing I do have to point out. This was kind of marketed and discussed as a place that film people could make home and walk across to Pinewood. I don't know too many film people, short of the department heads on larger projects, who are going to easily afford a minimum $375k house. I make a pretty decent amount in my film/tv work, more than most crew, and $375k would be really stretching my budget.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:18 AM

15,001 posts, read 24,019,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else love watching Fayette steal the Northside's thunder?

I love it!

Old 04-23-2017, 03:21 PM

3,763 posts, read 3,468,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Yes, I want to see Clayton and Henry follow the same path. The southside has been ignored for long enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta