U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 10:09 AM

1,457 posts, read 1,399,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Nice video fly-thru in that article too. Looking great.
It looks fantastic! Can't wait to see what it's like in 5-10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 05:16 PM

28,840 posts, read 25,723,144 times
I predict GSU football is just going to get better and better. Having their own big league stadium is a real boost.

10 years from now they'll be adding seats.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:40 PM

2,163 posts, read 3,479,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I predict GSU football is just going to get better and better. Having their own big league stadium is a real boost.

10 years from now they'll be adding seats.
Based on? If you couldn't even recruit with the dome as your stadium I'm not sure how Turner field is supposed to change game for you. They're not going to be good until they hire a good coach and even then they'll likely be looking at 25k tops for average attendance. This is college football, you don't get better just because of your location. G5 teams outside of an ECU team do not draw big numbers. Especially not playing Sunbelt teams... Plus a large portion of that crowd was a Tennessee State team that hasn't played in ATL in years.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:38 AM

5,250 posts, read 3,702,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Based on? If you couldn't even recruit with the dome as your stadium I'm not sure how Turner field is supposed to change game for you. .
The Dome was a pitiful stadium for GSU and no amount of "but they play in the same stadium as the big boys" could ever make up for that.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:09 AM

28,840 posts, read 25,723,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Based on? If you couldn't even recruit with the dome as your stadium I'm not sure how Turner field is supposed to change game for you. They're not going to be good until they hire a good coach and even then they'll likely be looking at 25k tops for average attendance. This is college football, you don't get better just because of your location. G5 teams outside of an ECU team do not draw big numbers. Especially not playing Sunbelt teams... Plus a large portion of that crowd was a Tennessee State team that hasn't played in ATL in years.
25,000 fans in a stadium built for a crowd that size will be rocking.

I also think there are plenty of good athletes to recruit, and that GSU will be able to retain a strong coach. A half million dollar salary in a new stadium and the opportunity to build your program from the ground up is nothing to sneeze at. I also wouldn't discount the fact that this is a nationally prominent market.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:45 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,629,235 times
It's happening!

GSU is on a 3-game winning streak with a great chance to make their 2nd bowl game being favored in 4 of the remaining games according to ESPN. All of a sudden, things are looking up for this program.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:47 PM

23,023 posts, read 17,106,381 times
Well, I had faith in the Georgia Ave commercial strip plan, but it appears the developer thinks they are going to attract visitors from all over the metro. No one is going to drive from Cobb, North Fulton, etc. to visit this strip. Instead of all that parking, add more residential.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/atlanta-p...ld-development

Old 10-25-2017, 12:55 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,450,645 times
^^^^ This would have been a perfect nightclub/bar district.

Yeah that developer is a dumbass for saying that.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:28 PM

10,373 posts, read 7,315,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Well, I had faith in the Georgia Ave commercial strip plan, but it appears the developer thinks they are going to attract visitors from all over the metro. No one is going to drive from Cobb, North Fulton, etc. to visit this strip. Instead of all that parking, add more residential.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/atlanta-p...ld-development
Where do they say they expect this to be a regional destination? I missed that.

This site plan seems pretty good urban design to me. It is not reasonable to expect no parking here or massive decks to be constructed, so keeping the historic store fronts fronting the street and filling in more while keeping parking behind the buildings is definitely the way to go.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:27 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,450,645 times
What will be the store lineup?

Subway
McDonald's
Starbucks
Yoga club
dog biscuit store
Coffee shop
Waffle house
Etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or