Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 12:59 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
They're marching to GWCC. Woodruff was the assembly point.

On a different note, anyone want to take a guess as to the number of guns that will be stolen out of attendees' cars this weened?
Damn...thats a good question.

So when these protesters get to the convention center. What happens next? They going to have a dance contest like on Micheal Jackson's beat it video? What will be the ultimate out come of this protest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 01:08 PM

376 posts, read 330,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Since you seem to have a low opinion of gun owners...yes or no: Do you believe that the 2nd Amendment should be repealed, that gun ownership should be prohibited in the United States, and that the federal government should (by gunpoint) confiscate all private firearms?
No I think people should be able to own guns if they want (I would love to hear why people feel the need to have an arsenal at the house but whatever). But what should be a crime is carrying guns in public. No one needs to be packing on the street.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:50 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Damn...thats a good question.

So when these protesters get to the convention center. What happens next? They going to have a dance contest like on Micheal Jackson's beat it video? What will be the ultimate out come of this protest?
How the f should I know? I'm not there.

You know, without protest, this country wouldn't exist, so you might want to be less of a d!*k towards them.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:11 PM

347 posts, read 380,004 times
He's apparently flown back home already lol

Old 04-28-2017, 02:43 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times
Enjoying firearms is one thing. I've enjoyed going to a gun range from time to time for recreational shooting. But groups like the NRA elevate it to a fetish. The 2nd amendment is one of the least important, all things considered.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:44 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Enjoying firearms is one thing. I've enjoyed going to a gun range from time to time for recreational shooting. But groups like the NRA elevate it to a fetish. The 2nd amendment is one of the least important, all things considered.
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution may seem unimportant to many in our increasingly modernized and urbanized society, but our nation's forefathers thought the Second Amendment to be critically important as a check against the tyrannical desires and tendencies of government bodies both large and small.

Like most any and every other law, the Second Amendment obviously is not perfect, but our nation's forefathers knew they needed some way to balance out physical power between individual citizens and government.

They did not want the government to get too much power to the point that it would be able to become and/or be tyrannical, which is why they included the right to keep and bear arms in the U.S. Constitution and thought it so important that they made it the Second Amendment of the Constitution in hopes of keeping the government of the then-new nation from becoming a tyrannical one.

Now it is completely understandable that so many people find it to be undesirable that there are so many firearms in our society, a society which perennially leads the world in the annual number of civilian deaths from firearms.

But America's Second Amendment-inspired gun culture as epitomized by gun lobbying organizations like the NRA, as uncomfortable, undesirable and even as downright frighteningly scary as it is may be to many, is still critically important in providing a balance of physical power between the citizenry and the government....A balance that may be even more important as ever in a time when most citizens live in, near and around cities and are more dependent than ever on a government that is the largest and most powerful that it has ever been.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:49 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times
I'm not sure the founding fathers foresaw a military industrial complex that could produce weaponry for the government that would make it practically impossible for the people to rise up against tyranny.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:09 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,156,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
It's obvious that your views are diametrically opposed to others here so it's best to just agree to disagree.

Go ahead and put on your little ninja outfit and have at it on Friday. It's a free country after all.

And as much as I disliked Obama, I never called him silly names. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you address the president as Chief Orange Hair, etc?
Because the same Bill of Rights that gives you the right to keep and bear arms gives him the same free speech rights to call Donald whatever the hell he wants to.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:12 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,819 times
I carry but i've never been into all of that die hard NRA stuff.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:47 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelinMan View Post
Can you point out what exactly is ignorant about bringing to everyone's attention that a disgusting group of people are coming to the city? Let's get guns out of our society.
How many of those people do you personally know?

Pretty obvious the answer is zero or close to zero. By definition you are ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta