Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 12:51 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Since Atlanta residents must feel they will loose to Houston? OP should do it in the city vs city forum and specify for a moving choice and what is best of both cities in comparisons . TOTAL DISRESPECT HERE you got OP.
Agree, this is better suited in city vs. city where OP will get more than one side of the story...

But based on the responses OP, I think you have your answer as to whether you should relocate to Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 12:57 PM
bu2

24,092 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Houston doesn't have the same inferiority, insecurity complex that several posters have demonstrated.

Despite what you get here, Atlantans are remarkably polite and friendly for such a big city.

Traffic is actually worse here as you have fewer alternative routes and fewer freeways and things are spread around more.

Both do have lots of mosquitos.

There's a different feel to the cities, but both are modern Sun Belt American.

There is a city to city forum which has a lot of these comparisons.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:59 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
Most cities in the same country are going to have a lot of similarities, especially cities both located in and around the same general region (the Sun Belt/ the South), and both Houston and Atlanta being relatively liberal cities in relatively conservative states. I'd say Georgia is slightly less conservative than Texas, and Atlanta is probably slightly less conservative than Houston.

That said, there are plenty of differences. What kind of things are you specifically wondering about?

Wherever you end up though, I hate people like you and I hope you get run over by a Mack truck. Good luck on your job opportunity.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:11 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagosonny View Post
Hello: I attended Rice U. many years ago, so I know Houston. How is Atlanta any different? I remember that Houston had its downtown too, it's Midtown (the Galleria area), its Buckhead (River Oaks), its version of Emory (Rice), and its inner loop/urban city poor and ghetto areas. Both metros have tons of freeways and suburban office clusters and malls and cheaper newer 4-5 bd subdivision houses in the perimeter areas, etc. Both have pro sports teams. Both have gay areas and hipster hoods and zagat restaurants, blah blah blah. Both have an influx of northerners and foreigners and Hispanics.

I'm envisioning complete homogenization driven by politically-correct diversity/globalism at its worst in both places. Modern US cities are victims of Leftist-diversicrat-sharia, forced global homogenization, and they are all the same boring thing. Nothing unique any more. I was in Dublin, Ireland recently and was appalled at the Temple Bar area and how its embrace of diversity and globalism has made the place totally boring, not unique, not Irish, and basically like anywhere else with a bunch of diverse bars and restaurants faking some other locale or country. It's like the whole world is turning into an Epcot, ersatz version and this is spreading everywhere.

So what the heck is the difference btw Houston and Atlanta in 2017?!!
Let's just say there are too many non-White people in both places for you.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:48 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Since Atlanta residents must feel they will loose to Houston? OP should do it in the city vs city forum and specify for a moving choice and what is best of both cities in comparisons . TOTAL DISRESPECT HERE you got OP.
And this involves or interests you how?

Talk about total disrespect towards Atlanta. Be gone, before someone drops a beautiful Atlanta house on you!

Old 05-04-2017, 01:49 PM

6 posts, read 9,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Houston doesn't have the same inferiority, insecurity complex that several posters have demonstrated.

Despite what you get here, Atlantans are remarkably polite and friendly for such a big city.
Thanks. Basically, it appears that nobody has an answer as to how they are different thus far. Maybe we'll get some positive input from some more tolerant and happier people.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
EXCUSE me? Did you even read the OP's original post?

And if you don't think a lot of Houstonians have a HUGE chip on their shoulders, check out the City vs City room sometime...

Old 05-04-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagosonny View Post
Thanks. Basically, it appears that nobody has an answer as to how they are different thus far. Maybe we'll get some positive input from some more tolerant and happier people.
Just going by your initial post, you would hate it here.

Turn down the transfer, you would be miserable.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:59 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,048 times
*craps on tons of people*
*expects "tolerant" replies*

Old 05-04-2017, 02:05 PM

2,427 posts, read 2,476,042 times
One is the 4th largest City in the Country, the other is the 39th Largest City. One is the 5th largest Metro area and the other is the 9th Largest Metro in the US and there you Have it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta