Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 07:37 PM

21 posts, read 18,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Jump on Clairmont and head down to The Square in Decatur. You will be pleasantly surprised at the great density of good bars and restaurants.

The Brick Store Pub is a favorite of mine, full of friendly folks that will help you get your bearings.

Brick Store Pub

Closer to home, Mo's on Briarcliff just above Clairmont is our favorite Pizza place - and their gyro's are good as well.

Mo's Pizzas

Good luck, and welcome to Atlanta!
Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely check those places out once I'm in town! I'm a "yuge" fan of pizza, so I'm pretty sure I'll turn into a regular at Mo's! Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 03:25 PM

347 posts, read 380,090 times
As a whole - for me personally, it's been that it has a pretty decent cultural food scene ( it can't touch major international cities, lets be real - but its pretty good to me. )

Access to mountains or the beach - or, to a big airport to access the rest of the world.

A burgeoning tech field - and to my benefit, cyber security and fintech.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:56 AM

21 posts, read 18,848 times
Well, today makes a week since I've been here! So far, I'm honestly loving Atlanta. The cost of living here is downright the best attribute this city has! I'm still shocked at how much I get for what I pay a month. This would easily run me almost $3000 in DC. Roads here are a lot smoother. Weather is a lot bearable(IMO). There are a lot of genuinely friendly folks here. I traded my SmartTrip card for a Breeze card as well. My first trip was a lot less painful than I expected. Traffic, of course, would be the only downside to being here, and even that seems to be a lot better than traffic in DC. Friday's rush hour here does seem to begin Thursday afternoon haha. Overall, (so far) I can definitely seem myself being here long term! Thanks again for the warm welcomes!

Old 07-01-2017, 09:41 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
I love the fact that you can get to just about anywhere you need to go in 15-20 minutes.

We also have great food, and great weather for 10 months out of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta