Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 05:22 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times

Advertisements

I'm loving this weather!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 09:34 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
I'm loving this weather!
Same here! And now the next 4 days are supposed to be perfect.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:03 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Yeah, those views of Mount Rainer and the Puget Sound from Midtown Atlanta are AMAZING!

ATLANTANS: "it's too hot!" "It's too rainy!"

Old 06-25-2017, 06:58 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Yeah, those views of Mount Rainer and the Puget Sound from Midtown Atlanta are AMAZING!

Lol.

Actually I always hear people comparing Tokyo's climate to Seattle, when it's actually more similar to Atlanta (hot and humid). Seattle's on the other hand is more like that of London.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:07 PM

11,803 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post

Atlanta would be absolutely perfect if it had mountains like those in Seattle...I would love to see the skyline view of Downtown backed by the Cascade Mountains.. darn, just gave me some photoshop inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Lol.

Actually I always hear people comparing Tokyo's climate to Seattle, when it's actually more similar to Atlanta (hot and humid). Seattle's on the other hand is more like that of London.
Seattle is kind of.. well.. odd.. in ways.. Of course it is milder than it is here... but alot of people make a big assumption that its always rainy when it isn't..most of it is just overcast and driery that or drissels. Atlanta actually receives more annual rainfall than Seattle does.

For the weather.. I love summers in Seattle..they're perfect, averaging around the 80's, rarely touching the 90's.. and July and August are beautiful and sunny for most of the days. I would actually kind of say Seattle is alot warmer than most people would expect from it, and it rarely snows there. It's not Hotlanta no, but it's not a Chicago or New York either.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:47 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Atlanta would be absolutely perfect if it had mountains like those in Seattle...I would love to see the skyline view of Downtown backed by the Cascade Mountains.. darn, just gave me some photoshop inspiration.

Seattle is kind of.. well.. odd.. in ways.. Of course it is milder than it is here... but alot of people make a big assumption that its always rainy when it isn't..most of it is just overcast and driery that or drissels. Atlanta actually receives more annual rainfall than Seattle does.

For the weather.. I love summers in Seattle..they're perfect, averaging around the 80's, rarely touching the 90's.. and July and August are beautiful and sunny for most of the days. I would actually kind of say Seattle is alot warmer than most people would expect from it, and it rarely snows there. It's not Hotlanta no, but it's not a Chicago or New York either.
The COL would be higher if we had mountains

Old 06-25-2017, 05:23 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
The COL would be higher if we had mountains
Exactly.

If Atlanta had scenic views of nearby snow-capped mountains, it would probably have a Cost-of-Living that would be similar to (if not higher than) that of Denver.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:00 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,830,810 times
Atlanta gets more rain annually than Seattle. Just not as many days of rain.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:32 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,007 times
My next door neighbors (originally from Seattle) just got back from visiting their son there. They told me that Seattle was sweltering with temperatures in the mid 90's this week. Then they come back Thursday night to "Rain-lanta". Kind of an interesting juxtaposition don't you think

Old 06-25-2017, 08:27 PM

11,803 posts, read 8,012,998 times
I have always considered Atlanta and Seattle to have a strange correlation with each other. Not like brothers and sisters.. but more like positive and negative - without the attraction...There is a strange bond between them where as I don't consider the cities simular at all, yet alot of people from Atlanta go to Seattle, and alot of people from Seattle also go to Atlanta - What Atlanta lacks is found in Seattle (stunning jaw dropping scenery, water front lifestyle) and what Seattle lacks is found in Atlanta (Affordable lifestyle, more HOUSES and more acres per property) and both cities uniquely have similarities with certain distinctions (Bothell WA = Alpharetta GA almost exactly. Everett WA = Marietta / Smyrna GA. Bellevue WA = Lenox / Buckhead || Both cities are lushly forested where as neither has an advantage over the other )

Another fun fact - Atlanta and Seattle have the exact same amount of letters that make up their name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta