Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 10:12 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,726,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Exactly.

If Atlanta had scenic views of nearby snow-capped mountains, it would probably have a Cost-of-Living that would be similar to (if not higher than) that of Denver.
Mountains = less space for housing = higher demand for housing = higher col
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 12:11 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,120,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Mountains = less space for housing = higher demand for housing = higher col
And they've got a lot of bodies of water, which has the same effect.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:19 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,715,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I have always considered Atlanta and Seattle to have a strange correlation with each other. Not like brothers and sisters.. but more like positive and negative - without the attraction...There is a strange bond between them where as I don't consider the cities simular at all, yet alot of people from Atlanta go to Seattle, and alot of people from Seattle also go to Atlanta - What Atlanta lacks is found in Seattle (stunning jaw dropping scenery, water front lifestyle) and what Seattle lacks is found in Atlanta (Affordable lifestyle, more HOUSES and more acres per property) and both cities uniquely have similarities with certain distinctions (Bothell WA = Alpharetta GA almost exactly. Everett WA = Marietta / Smyrna GA. Bellevue WA = Lenox / Buckhead || Both cities are lushly forested where as neither has an advantage over the other )

Another fun fact - Atlanta and Seattle have the exact same amount of letters that make up their name.
Without Seattle, we'd never have MARTA. Thanks Seattle.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:52 AM

23,332 posts, read 43,799,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
My next door neighbors (originally from Seattle) just got back from visiting their son there. They told me that Seattle was sweltering with temperatures in the mid 90's this week. Then they come back Thursday night to "Rain-lanta". Kind of an interesting juxtaposition don't you think
Just got back from there myself. Ironically, Seattle is entering its' dry season, when lawns begin to turn brown. It was 91 degrees on the day we left. Atlanta is actually a much greener place in the summer.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:52 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,860,831 times
Quote:
I have always considered Atlanta and Seattle to have a strange correlation with each other. Not like brothers and sisters.. but more like positive and negative - without the attraction...There is a strange bond between them where as I don't consider the cities simular at all, yet alot of people from Atlanta go to Seattle, and alot of people from Seattle also go to Atlanta - What Atlanta lacks is found in Seattle (stunning jaw dropping scenery, water front lifestyle) and what Seattle lacks is found in Atlanta (Affordable lifestyle, more HOUSES and more acres per property) and both cities uniquely have similarities with certain distinctions (Bothell WA = Alpharetta GA almost exactly. Everett WA = Marietta / Smyrna GA. Bellevue WA = Lenox / Buckhead || Both cities are lushly forested where as neither has an advantage over the other )

Another fun fact - Atlanta and Seattle have the exact same amount of letters that make up their name.
Never was a fan of Seattle but I do like Atlanta.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:37 PM

6,277 posts, read 11,830,238 times
Quote:

It's like a New York City and Los Angeles type of relationship, or Tokyo and London.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:59 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,976,901 times
Quote:
Having lived through our multitude of droughts - I never complain when we go through a rainy season
That's funny, because I feel the exact opposite.

I brush off the droughts and never worry about them because I know floods are always right around the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta