Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 02:08 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That's bizarre. I don't go to Fayetteville very often, so I don't know what it's like there, but I don't think I've ever seen a shopping center in the metro area, and certainly not a new shopping center, that has "a bar with a bunch of neon beer signs in the window." And even when I do see bars in shopping centers, such as Famous or Maggie's at Toco Hill, or Moonshadow in Tucker, or the Grove in Oak Grove, they are small outposts within larger (sometimes MUCH larger) complexes and there are no beer signs visible from the outside. But you'll see tons of beer signs in the grocery store or gas station. Sounds like the Cathy family should be pushing for a outdoor sign ordinance if they're that scared of beer.
I mean, you can drive by the small tavern in the square in Fville and see some alcohol signs in the window, I think that's pretty common. With that said, their objection is fairly absurd but par for the course for the Southern Baptist community in FayCo. We couldn't even have a Hooters without a big to do. I'm still not sure if it shut down for lack of business or protest/pressure to the city.

I'm not going to complain t0o much because they bring me that tasty tasty chicken (and I don't live there anymore)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 08:04 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I mean, you can drive by the small tavern in the square in Fville and see some alcohol signs in the window, I think that's pretty common. With that said, their objection is fairly absurd but par for the course for the Southern Baptist community in FayCo. We couldn't even have a Hooters without a big to do. I'm still not sure if it shut down for lack of business or protest/pressure to the city.

I'm not going to complain t0o much because they bring me that tasty tasty chicken (and I don't live there anymore)
You talk like Fayette County is dry or something. Peachtree City has had liquor by the drink and liquor store for years of course, and there are a handful of pretty decent bars to go to. In Fayetteville the city leadership is really working hard to make downtown a destination for millennials and the like so there's at least 5 drinking establishments on the square now. In addition to the Tavern, there's the fantastic rooftop bar at Twisted Taco, and the big outdoor patio at Oz Pizza. That new Cajun place (where the ice cream parlor used to be) has frozen daiquiri drinks like Wet Willies. And the new Gremlin Growlers on the square is always crowded when I drive by. They are even open on Sundays!

As for Hooters ... I was always under the impression that New Hope Baptist Church got that place shut down.

Oh, and Fayetteville has an ordinance banning neon signs, at least on the outside of buildings. I think it also applies to windows, which is why you'll notice that those neon signs at the Tavern are in fact on the back wall or hanging above the bar (I think).

Old 07-18-2017, 08:50 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
I wasn't talking about the city so much as the Cathys.

But shutting down a Hooters... I'm gonna say the Southern Baptists have some power in FayCo.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:19 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I wasn't talking about the city so much as the Cathys.

But shutting down a Hooters... I'm gonna say the Southern Baptists have some power in FayCo.
That "power" is quickly fading ...

Old 07-19-2017, 09:37 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,361,554 times
All Dwarf Houses still have Hot Browns, dwarf burgers, etc, too, but these are strangely absent from on-line menus; Truett's Grills, however, have NO beef related entree's: Eat More Chicken! for real. Spelling challenged cows in control?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta