Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 10:44 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,324,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Lol what planet are you on? Blue states are bleeding people. Industry is fleeing. You need to do a lot more research.
Economic engines are almost always cities. Most cities are blue. While Georgia is an economic engine, very little of it comes from outside the city areas. How much economic flair is coming from Polk or Bacon Counties? What blue states are losing population? In fact, most states to lose population recently are red. But, you know

Old 11-12-2018, 11:09 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
"Progressive backlash against Amazon HQ2 is growing. Here's why" (CNN)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartanntp
This is interesting. Seems Amazon stretching this out for their benefit is coming around to bite them in the butt. Personally I have switched first from the "This would be the greatest thing for Atlanta ever" to "it would be nice, but..." to "I'm not sure this is a good idea" camps. Might be joining the "please, no, we don't need this at all" faction before much longer.

Not surprising that others have lost enthusiasm as well.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:31 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,174,199 times
I was stunned by this statistic from an Atlantic article on the Amazon HQ2 reality show.

Quote:
Each year, local governments spend nearly $100 billion to move headquarters and factories between states.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...llegal/575539/

Old 11-12-2018, 03:34 PM

651 posts, read 470,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Like the states of Texas, Georgia, Florida and North Carolina?

While California, despite having Silicon Valley, is bleeding people? Illinois is a basket case. The Northeast, despite all the great universities, is very slow growth. California would be losing people if not for foreign immigration.
California is extremely desirable. No one dreams of living in North Carolina, Georgia, Florida (unless they are old or going to Miami) or Texas.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:38 PM

651 posts, read 470,268 times
Quote:
I don't think many people in Atlanta would think any west coast city would be on a par in terms of quality of life. I certainly wouldn't.

If you love living in a place with rude people, strangling pollution, ultra high home prices and 24 hour traffic, you will love LA. If you love dark, dreary, cloudy days with homeless people begging for a handout everywhere, crowded living and ultra high home prices, you will love Seattle and San Francisco.

Scenery and climate isn't all there is to quality of life. And frankly, I think Seattle and San Francisco have absolutely dreary weather. LA does have nice weather.
If love not living in back and around a socially backwards populous, having legalized marijuana, real culture and amenities that can't be match you will think California is better than Georgia. Only a Atlanta homer or conservative would ***** on Cali and actually argue that it is worse than Georgia .

Old 11-12-2018, 04:04 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,311,764 times
Quote:
Like the states of Texas, Georgia, Florida and North Carolina?

While California, despite having Silicon Valley, is bleeding people? Illinois is a basket case. The Northeast, despite all the great universities, is very slow growth. California would be losing people if not for foreign immigration.
Those states are growing because they are CHEAP. That's the only reason. Notice people who have the money to live wherever they want tend to choose California and New York. Most people can't afford to live well in those areas so they head to the cheap seats.

By your logic, Walmart is a "better" quality store than Nieman Marcus simply due to customer volume.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:06 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,501,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
California is extremely desirable. No one dreams of living in North Carolina, Georgia, Florida (unless they are old or going to Miami) or Texas.
Lolololol. I know not one person who desires to live in California or even out West for that matter. California is awesome, but you’re delusional at best.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:08 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,501,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
If love not living in back and around a socially backwards populous, having legalized marijuana, real culture and amenities that can't be match you will think California is better than Georgia. Only a Atlanta homer or conservative would ***** on Cali and actually argue that it is worse than Georgia .
Ok, now I know you’re a troll. Lol

Old 11-12-2018, 04:11 PM

23,364 posts, read 43,832,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
Ok, now I know you’re a troll. Lol
Well, we are talking about a person that puts a 'high' priority on legalized marijuana.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:44 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,388,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
Lolololol. I know not one person who desires to live in California or even out West for that matter. California is awesome, but you’re delusional at best.

Then you just dont know many people. To believe that more people would desire to live in Atlanta than LA is just silly. People don't move there because they cant afford it. And the cost of living is the only reason people even consider moving to the south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta