U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

861 posts, read 202,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I doubt that. Plenty of companies from more liberal states have relocated to Nashville over the years and I haven't seen any express regret over the political climate. Furthermore, Amazon has done its homework extensively; they know TN is a pretty conservative state. I'm not sure if it's full of "super conservative whackos" as you say, though.

Amazon didn't pick Nashville to change the political landscape of the city; no company does that. Companies select cities based on talent (whether they have it or can attract it) and profitability.

No need to hate on Nashville; they got a big win today. In the grand scheme of things, that doesn't translate to a loss for Atlanta since Amazon isn't the only company out there creating jobs. It's not that hard to just be happy for them while looking forward to the other companies that will be relocating to and expanding in Atlanta in the near future.
You mistook my point as an insult.It was merely meant as reality of where Atlanta is but also where Nashville is which are in states where both are conservative and another even more so.
Im very happy for Nashville .Thats why I said its good for the region.However I believe.When I say they will regret there decision I dont mean they will pack up and leave but like some companies In Atlanta with that Delta/Cagle incident,what company would not look back on their decisions and wonder if they made the right decision?Especially a Wesst Coast Tech company

Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaag View Post
Too much to type but read this about Amazon in VA. Kinda happy we arent getting it after reading this....

Read all of Lee J Carter Amazon post for today

https://twitter.com/carterforva/stat...67357350731776

https://twitter.com/DavidJonasVA/sta...67905844056065

https://twitter.com/carterforva/stat...74687463206914
If this is true then this si so ridiculous.If I was a Virginian I would make sure none of the people eho voted for this contract never see another day in office after there term was up.Actually a recall would be in order.This type of stuff should be illegal to give away the public right to negotiate when so much money is on the line.This is absolutely AWFUL!!

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM

21,099 posts, read 33,079,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
If this is true then this si so ridiculous.If I was a Virginian I would make sure none of the people eho voted for this contract never see another day in office after there term was up.Actually a recall would be in order.This type of stuff should be illegal to give away the public right to negotiate when so much money is on the line.This is absolutely AWFUL!!
Here's guessing that coverage of this story by the Washington Post will be at a minimum.

Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

506 posts, read 245,126 times
Quote:
WOWOWOW. I was really hoping Amazon would come here but man this is ridiculous. Talk about bending over.

Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Here's guessing that coverage of this story by the Washington Post will be at a minimum.
LOL.You mean because of the power players that made this deal happen putting the pressure on?

Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
WOWOWOW. I was really hoping Amazon would come here but man this is ridiculous. Talk about bending over.
I can almost bet that if this happened in Arlington that Nashville gave away even more goodies.Tick Tock.Time will very soon tell.

Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM

27,939 posts, read 24,965,700 times
Quote:
You mistook my point as an insult.It was merely meant as reality of where Atlanta is but also where Nashville is which are in states where both are conservative and another even more so.
Im very happy for Nashville .Thats why I said its good for the region.However I believe.When I say they will regret there decision I dont mean they will pack up and leave but like some companies In Atlanta with that Delta/Cagle incident,what company would not look back on their decisions and wonder if they made the right decision?Especially a Wesst Coast Tech company
Dude, Delta moved to Atlanta like almost 100 years ago and they have an unbelievably sweet deal with HJIA and the city. They don't regret anything, Casey Cagle be damned.

Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Quote:
LOL.You mean because of the power players that made this deal happen putting the pressure on?
No, I mean because Jeff Bezos owns it.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Dude, Delta moved to Atlanta like almost 100 years ago and they have an unbelievably sweet deal with HJIA and the city. They don't regret anything, Casey Cagle be damned.
Moreover, the good people of Georgia handed Mr. Cagle his hat, and the Delta/NRA incident played no small part in that. That matters to Delta a hell of a lot more than Cagle's Bozo posturing.

Old Today, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Is this really worth arguing over?Its all a matter of opinion.You need to relax and eat a Snickers,LOL
Its just not that serious.
Im not talking about Delta only BUT if other people didnt think Delta would leave during that debacle then it wouldnt be articles in the paper talking about why Delta wont leave

Its also for any companies LIKE Amazon.
A company who in the future will always have this in the back or front of thier minds.
I dont see how you think its not in the realm of possibility that some CEO or exec somewhere from more liberal areas would not have some reservations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or