U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2017, 07:05 AM

39 posts, read 76,733 times

Advertisements

My family will be relocating to Peachtree City within the next few months. We have purchased a house in the new Everton community. We need to figure out a Pre-K for our 4 year old. She currently goes to a Primrose in North Carolina, so we are looking for something with a similar feel for her. We have narrowed it down to the following: Kids2Kids, Goddard School, and Oxford Trail Academy. Any feedback on these three schools would be great. Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 08:47 PM

615 posts, read 408,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox Girl View Post
My family will be relocating to Peachtree City within the next few months. We have purchased a house in the new Everton community. We need to figure out a Pre-K for our 4 year old. She currently goes to a Primrose in North Carolina, so we are looking for something with a similar feel for her. We have narrowed it down to the following: Kids2Kids, Goddard School, and Oxford Trail Academy. Any feedback on these three schools would be great. Thank you!!!
Welcome to PTC! It's great place to raise a family.

The Goddard School would be the closest thing to Primrose IMO, but I'm not familiar with the other 2. A lot of people also send their kids to Pre-K through the local churches. The Heritage Church has a rigorous pre-k program, but it may be a little far for you if you're in Everton. There's also a local FB group you could join called, "Life in the PTC Bubble". It has about 22,000 members, so you could get some good insights there.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:09 PM

545 posts, read 1,561,435 times
I am honestly surprised that there isnt a Primrose in peacthree city as it was started and is headquartered in Atlanta. The Goddard isnt open yet; it is scheduled to open in the next month or so. I did attend a meet and greet for Goddard last month and was very impressed by the owner, who has a Ph. D in elementary education and taught at Woodward, which is one of Atlanta's top private schools. The owners of most of the other places didnt have an education background and were from corporate worlds who decided they wanted to own a business. I didnt research to much more into it as we decided we were moving as soon as I started looking, but I would agree with the first poster and visit Goddard and Kids R Kids to get a feel.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:12 PM

39 posts, read 76,733 times
Thank you both very much for the feedback, it has been very helpful and we are looking in to everything. My husband and I have also joined "Life in the PTC Bubble" which is also giving us some great feedback as well. Thank you!

Old 09-25-2017, 07:05 PM

56 posts, read 81,385 times
Quote:
Hi there,
We will be moving from NC also to Fayetteville GA. Keeping my fingers crossed on the pre K stuff too.
Good luck.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:12 PM

615 posts, read 408,743 times
Quote:
Thank you both very much for the feedback, it has been very helpful and we are looking in to everything. My husband and I have also joined "Life in the PTC Bubble" which is also giving us some great feedback as well. Thank you!
Glad "Life in the PTC Bubble" was able to help you guys out. It's a wealth of info on everything Peachtree City.

Once you get your Pre-K sorted out, your next big decision will be what type of golf cart to buy; gas vs. electric, 4 seater vs. 6 seater, EZ GO vs. Club Car, etc....

Old 09-26-2017, 12:45 AM

13,420 posts, read 16,838,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuresident View Post
I am honestly surprised that there isnt a Primrose in peacthree city as it was started and is headquartered in Atlanta. The Goddard isnt open yet; it is scheduled to open in the next month or so. I did attend a meet and greet for Goddard last month and was very impressed by the owner, who has a Ph. D in elementary education and taught at Woodward, which is one of Atlanta's top private schools. The owners of most of the other places didnt have an education background and were from corporate worlds who decided they wanted to own a business. I didnt research to much more into it as we decided we were moving as soon as I started looking, but I would agree with the first poster and visit Goddard and Kids R Kids to get a feel.
There was a Primrose in Fayetteville but it closed for some reason ...

Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 AM

753 posts, read 387,484 times
I have two children, ages 6 and 3, who have attended Kids R Kids North in Peachtree City since infants. The private pre-K at Kids R Kids is top notch if academics is your top priority. It is the only pre-K in PTC that is accredited by both SACS and NAEYC. My daughter got a great head start heading into Kindergarten. More importantly, while the school is very much academically-focused, they are able to teach children while still fostering a love of learning and respecting individual learning styles. Also, be aware there are two Kids R Kids in PTC and that Kids R Kids North is the one that is most highly regarded. Kids R Kids South is a whole different animal and I was troubled by some of the complaints I read about the preschool on the DECAL site.

Oxford Trail is also very highly recommended by many as well so I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Another one that folks really like is Royal Learners. It is in Tyrone but very convenient to PTC. My sense is that at Royal Learners, they are more nurturing than they are at Kids R Kids.

All of these schools are pricey compared to other schools in PTC, but well worth the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or