Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 PM

89 posts, read 151,549 times

Advertisements

I've read it's a good neighborhood with great schools. Anything else I should know. Job opportunity will be in Alpharetta so it only make sense to move to Alpharetta. Are there any other neighborhoods I should consider outside of Alpharetta that will be just as good but offer more perks?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 12:35 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Where is work located at?

Traffic is very HEAVY in the Greater Atlanta area, You want to be close to work, Especially if you are a single parent and may need to go to school to pickup a sick child or something.

Go to the top of the Atlanta Forum page, and copy the "Sticky" info for "Moving" to Atlanta and fill it out, in the post.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:39 PM

89 posts, read 151,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Where is work located at?

Traffic is very HEAVY in the Greater Atlanta area, You want to be close to work, Especially if you are a single parent and may need to go to school to pickup a sick child or something.

Go to the top of the Atlanta Forum page, and copy the "Sticky" info for "Moving" to Atlanta and fill it out, in the post.
Work is located in Alpharetta GA.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:00 PM

403 posts, read 619,770 times
You should probably check out Roswell and Milton, both are adjacent to Alpharetta depending on what you are looking for. Roswell is one town closer in and Milton is on the other side and has a more rural feel. Taxes are lower if you go to Forsyth County. Schools are generally good, but others can talk a lot more about this topic.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:04 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Perks? Such as? It really depends on what you can afford. Alpharetta and Roswell are both great towns. Milton is too, but it's pricey.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:05 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,773,285 times
What is your budget for rent or buy - yes, Alpharetta is great but only if it fits in your budget. Otherwise you might want to consider other options.

It also helps if you can be a bit more specific as to location - like major road for the place of employment. It could make a difference as to whether we recommend options that are N,S,E or W to keep traffic to a minimum.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:29 AM

5 posts, read 3,316 times
I'm also looking to move that way next summer....I like Roswell, Dunwoody, Norcross, Marietta, and Sandy Plains. My only problem is getting a nice paying job. I'm in the IT field, but more like Telecom Management or Logistic Analyst. I have a 2 year old grand daughter coming with, so of course I'm looking in the long run for good schooling. Please HELP!!

Old 09-27-2017, 03:42 PM

347 posts, read 380,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayC1 View Post
I'm also looking to move that way next summer....I like Roswell, Dunwoody, Norcross, Marietta, and Sandy Plains. My only problem is getting a nice paying job. I'm in the IT field, but more like Telecom Management or Logistic Analyst. I have a 2 year old grand daughter coming with, so of course I'm looking in the long run for good schooling. Please HELP!!
Alpharetta is like the IT hub of Georgia, if not the SE

Old 09-27-2017, 03:44 PM

347 posts, read 380,090 times
OP - are you looking to purchase, or will be renting?

I live here in Alpharetta, as well as work, an dpersonally love it. There's lots of walkable developments going up, bike paths, sidewalk projects etc. Traffic will suck around immediate rush hour, but beyond that, life is easy. We have big name concerts, the food scene is growing locally. School system is top notch as well.

Caveat is apartments tend to be pricier than say, an area that would result in an hour commute in traffic - but there are definitely deals out there to be made.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:16 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,245 times
We moved to Suwanee 2.5 yrs. ago from VA -- and I wish that we'd moved into Alpharetta. It has a busy feel to it, but is also full of beautiful neighborhoods, shopping malls, great restaurants.

It just has a really nice feel to it. Every time I'm out there: I mope around wishing we'd moved there.

But traffic around here is no joke -- pick a home super close to your job. My husband is just seven minutes away from his job.

I grew up in the San Fran Bay Area --and I still think this traffic is way, way worse.

Alley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta