U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:43 PM

4 posts, read 19,743 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any info on the above apartment complex? 7700 Colquitt road, Roswell, ga?

The ratings are terrible, but the square footage and garage space is awesome.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 04:20 PM

8,103 posts, read 13,470,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kklinker View Post
Does anyone have any info on the above apartment complex? 7700 Colquitt road, Roswell, ga?

The ratings are terrible, but the square footage and garage space is awesome.

Thanks.
Can't help with specifics but, if you are still looking, this is not a Roswell address...it's just off Roswell Road but is a fair bit south of Roswell...in Sandy Springs(folks used to think this was Dunwoody). It's in an area of apartments and conversions that are well over 20 years old for the most part--many closer to 30+ years. Not old by European standards but apts in this area that are that old aren't usually in the best shape--again, not certain about this particular complex but I would check carefully, if I were you. Good luck.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:09 PM

2 posts, read 14,004 times
the ratings are there for a reason. i am a 5 year tenant, and ive only stuck around because it was all i could afford.

this is however, my last year. sure...the apartments are big...but thats it.

they are old (built in 1974) they have no weather or sound proofing (i can hear my upstairs neighbors um...business,) they have been charging us for a gym that has yet to exist and a pool that hasnt been open for 3 years. the bugs are the size of my fist, and managment...particularly the gm, henry...have the crappiest non customer service based attituds i have ever seen...

i could go on, but essentially...you are paying for a big ole...cracker jack box.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 AM

3 posts, read 18,356 times
Do not move into this place! Horrid roach problem! I couldn't even stay out my 12-month lease. Disgusting!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,106 times
Smile Legends at Dunwoody

It's not so bad. Sometimes I'm not sure if I trust or like the staff, but they surprise me and come through. My place is beautiful - it's been upgraded, and they are in the process of painting the outside of each building with accent colors.
The new gym is pimpin, and I have ATT U-verse, which is similar to Comcast but "better". Please note we think the installer swiped a DVD!
I think if you bug bomb your place, you should be ok. I haven't seen any bugs except those tiny thin spiders that are easily disposed of. My neighbors are really nice and quiet. I ask the people below me if they can hear me all the time and they say no.
My only complaint thus far is that my kitchen cabinets smell weird...
I got a great price, and the location is awesome. I'll write back after I've lived here longer and give an update.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 12,530 times
Angry Ha Ha Ha - It's Not that Bad...You must be kidding

You must either live at the Clubhouse or be one of Management

Sure they paint and replace siding but it doesn't really fix the rotting wood structure underneath. The siding workers were scared to go on the roof because of the rotting wood.

Bomb your Apartment...you must be kidding!

Management doesn't give two hoots about your issues. You complain about dogs pooping everwhere and they do nothing.

You complain about the dinosaurs in the apartments above you waking you up at 6 am every morning and they do nothing. Well, they tell you to move if you don't like the sound of dinosaurs.

When can you use the gym ......it's only available when Management office is open.

The indoor heated pool is never open

Old 01-26-2009, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 12,508 times
I have lived in this apartment for 5 months of pure hell. I came on moving day only to find that they didn't have my apartment ready and they scrambled to find a new one that upon walk thru had an entire wall of mold in it. I couldn't stay in the place for the first 3 days while they repaired drywall. I know have a second wall that has mold on it, numerous leaks since I have been here. Had to get the city of Sandy Springs to get involved because Mike and Amy and Henry (GM) have the worst customer service I have ever in my life experienced. The roaches are disgusting and I have had to set 10 plus roach traps out constantly to keep it under control. This place is a total dump and the pool is still not open. RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN.....

Old 08-05-2009, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 5,206 times
This place sucks....i live there now the roaches are horrible...mike in the manager is a douche bag who likes to thrive and profit off the misfortunes of others...the 24 hour gym an indoor pool doesnt exist...and you can only use the gym when the office is open...oh and if your still into all that enjoy the multiple screaming kids at the pool that dont even live there...

Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,903 times
This is an honest one.....There are roaches...huge ones! There are ants....lots and lots of them that come through the cracks in ceilings and tile in the bathroom shower!.....There are spiders...black ones...The apts. are big but cheap for a reason!!!!

Old 03-10-2012, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,082 times
Like so many area in atlanta there are + and - to this place. I have lived here for 6 years and have had some issue minor issues but i think it depends on the building location as to the type problems you will have. I feel somewhat safe but this would be my feeling based on anyplace in atl. The crime is just bad almost anywhere unless you live in the high income areas(500,000-1,000,000) yes, i agree the income status and type of people now living here has definitly declined. Nowadays i'm hearing loud base music some nights and the children are running wild. I'm sure there is some drug dealers living here or maybe distributing. If not, it's coming soon. My complex is fairly quiet ( and i think god for that) but i have seen a drastic decline since 6 years ago when i moved in. This is unfortunate because i think there are some really decient, hard working people living here. I must say i've never had issue with maintenents they always respond quickly. But others are right the water bills are out of the roof i live alone and my water is 50-56 dollars a month. But, this is because i'm paying the water for people who have live in boyfriends and relative who are not on the lease. My other utilities are reasonable. However there needs to be some updates and better insulation exps. During the winter months. Bugs are not an issue in our building i hope this remains true for the duration of my stay. When i see roaches i call mant. And they send pest control and theres no other problems. I will be moving soon because the rent does increase consistently and i know i'm paying too much for this place. I hope this helps you i was as trying to give you an objective view. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or