Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 03:17 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I prefer the Senoia area and calling it Senoia High.

Would have cachet and would be in one of the growth areas. And they could stretch the district west to relieve some of Newnan High.
It would make far more sense to locate the new high school along the south I-85 corridor so it can pull students from both Newnan and East Coweta. Senoia proper is tucked way down in the SE corner of the county and is solidly East Coweta country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 03:21 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Forest Park High is up quite a bit since I was in high school in the early 1990's: 1800 students. We only had a little over 1200.
It appears that nearly 400 students have been shifted from Jonesboro to Morrow ... those two schools are flipping regions. What’s up with that?!

Old 11-15-2017, 05:58 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,485,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
That’s all very weird
You're being very generous.

It all sounds just downright loopy.

In addition, I made a typo in my original description of the shifting school campus situation up in South Hall County.

The existing structure and campus for Flowery Branch High School on Spout Springs Road is not just going to house the new Cherokee Bluff High School but is also going to house the new Cherokee Bluff Middle School.

That's right... Both the new Cherokee Bluff High School and the new Cherokee Bluff Middle School are going to be operating in the same structure and campus that Flowery Branch High School now operates in... After Flowery Branch High School moves back to the Davis Middle School building and campus that it moved from back in 2009.

It is obviously somewhat very rare that high schools and middle schools share the same building in present-day times.

There may be other examples but I only know of two other places in the Atlanta metro area where the high school and the middle school share the same building.

One is in Cherokee County where Woodstock High School shares the same building with Woodstock Middle School. Woodstock Middle School occupies the east side of the building while Woodstock High School occupies the west side of the building.

The other is in Fayette County where Starr's Mill High School shares the same building with Rising Starr Middle School. Rising Starr Middle School occupies the west side of the building while Starr's Mill High School occupies the east side of the building.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:12 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,854,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
You're being very generous.

It all sounds just downright loopy.

In addition, I made a typo in my original description of the shifting school campus situation up in South Hall County.

The existing structure and campus for Flowery Branch High School on Spout Springs Road is not just going to house the new Cherokee Bluff High School but is also going to house the new Cherokee Bluff Middle School.

That's right... Both the new Cherokee Bluff High School and the new Cherokee Bluff Middle School are going to be operating in the same structure and campus that Flowery Branch High School now operates in... After Flowery Branch High School moves back to the Davis Middle School building and campus that it moved from back in 2009.

It is obviously somewhat very rare that high schools and middle schools share the same building in present-day times.

There may be other examples but I only know of two other places in the Atlanta metro area where the high school and the middle school share the same building.

One is in Cherokee County where Woodstock High School shares the same building with Woodstock Middle School. Woodstock Middle School occupies the east side of the building while Woodstock High School occupies the west side of the building.

The other is in Fayette County where Starr's Mill High School shares the same building with Rising Starr Middle School. Rising Starr Middle School occupies the west side of the building while Starr's Mill High School occupies the east side of the building.
cwkimbro's explanation helped this make a lot of sense. And I have seen a brand new high school share the campus with the middle school until it grows into it's own and a new middle or high school is built. My hometown high school replacement, Callaway HS outside Hogansville did this for a few years until the middle school was built.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
It would make far more sense to locate the new high school along the south I-85 corridor so it can pull students from both Newnan and East Coweta. Senoia proper is tucked way down in the SE corner of the county and is solidly East Coweta country.
My thinking when I suggested Moreland as a more central location. Really somewhere along GA 16 or the new Poplar Road exit off 85 might make the most sense.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Albany High wasn’t just shut down .... it came abruptly and with no time to prepare. How awful for those kids!

DCSS votes to close Albany High, effective immediately
WALB
That is drastic and sad, should have given a year to transition.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:37 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:

Senoia High would be great. A school zone concentrated around Senoia and south-east Coweta, just under Peachtree City/Starr's Mill. Then stretching a bit west to pick up eastern Moreland and Haralson...maybe even Moreland proper.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:40 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
District Maps
Coweta County Schools

Old 11-15-2017, 07:26 PM

761 posts, read 906,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Forest Park High is up quite a bit since I was in high school in the early 1990's: 1800 students. We only had a little over 1200.
FP averaged around 1500-1600 students in the 90's according to schooldigger, but it was around 1200 when it was FPSH. It then jumped to around 1500-1600 with the addition of 9th graders in the fall of 89.

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/s...74/school.aspx

Last edited by PTC Dad; 11-15-2017 at 07:36 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC Dad View Post
FP averaged around 1500-1600 students in the 90's according to schooldigger, but it was around 1200 when it was FPSH. It then jumped to around 1500-1600 with the addition of 9th graders in the fall of 89.

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/s...74/school.aspx
It is my understanding that GHSA uses a 9-12th grade figure even if a school is not a full 4 year HS. They figure the numbers as if it were with some matrix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta