U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-27-2019, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Ono Island, Orange Beach, AL
10,020 posts, read 9,326,837 times
Reputation: 5639

Advertisements

Wandered around Midtown for a few hours earlier this afternoon. Those scooters are everywhere! Some are neatly parked with their kickstands down and in-use. Many others were laying in grass, flower beds or on the sidewalk. Looked a bit trashy. Something really should be done about it. Also, folks were riding them on the sidewalks going pretty fast. Looked a bit dangerous. I did see many folks enjoying them responsibly and thoughtfully. I hope something can be done to encourage folks to be neater and more careful with this amenity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2019, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Ono Island, Orange Beach, AL
10,020 posts, read 9,326,837 times
Reputation: 5639
And, what’s going on with Opus Two? It’s still just a hole in the ground...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 08:13 AM
 
3,141 posts, read 1,449,466 times
Reputation: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Wandered around Midtown for a few hours earlier this afternoon. Those scooters are everywhere! Some are neatly parked with their kickstands down and in-use. Many others were laying in grass, flower beds or on the sidewalk. Looked a bit trashy. Something really should be done about it. Also, folks were riding them on the sidewalks going pretty fast. Looked a bit dangerous. I did see many folks enjoying them responsibly and thoughtfully. I hope something can be done to encourage folks to be neater and more careful with this amenity.

The other day I was walking...not far from GSU dormitories (north of) and saw a bunch of them on the sidewalk and said to myself, if anyone is in a wheelchair, they'd have a very difficult time getting by them. I had to resist the urge to throw them out of the way. It's really irritating to be walking and have these things in your way. It's public property! I mean it was unreal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,381 posts, read 17,543,703 times
Reputation: 5422
I'm back, what did I miss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Ono Island, Orange Beach, AL
10,020 posts, read 9,326,837 times
Reputation: 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I'm back, what did I miss?
Oh, man, Bill Campbell came back and orchestrated a coupe de tat of Ms. Abrams!!!! Nothing, really... Where'd ya go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,381 posts, read 17,543,703 times
Reputation: 5422
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Oh, man, Bill Campbell came back and orchestrated a coupe de tat of Ms. Abrams!!!! Nothing, really... Where'd ya go?
Timeout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 02:01 PM
 
15,339 posts, read 27,525,235 times
Reputation: 18820
Currently in Austin TX traffic. Give me Atlanta any day of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
26 posts, read 11,949 times
Reputation: 60
Does anyone have any idea when the Inman Park side of the Inman Park - Reynoldstown station will open up again? Itís tragic not having that as an option to cross the train tracks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,381 posts, read 17,543,703 times
Reputation: 5422
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdiii94 View Post
Does anyone have any idea when the Inman Park side of the Inman Park - Reynoldstown station will open up again? Itís tragic not having that as an option to cross the train tracks.
Before Inman Park Festival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 10:08 PM
 
3,141 posts, read 1,449,466 times
Reputation: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I'm back, what did I miss?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Currently in Austin TX traffic. Give me Atlanta any day of the week.

1) You missed everything!!!!


2) Pretty scary that a city smaller than Atlanta can have even worse traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top