Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 03:57 PM

3 posts, read 2,904 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am moving from Tallahassee and I am trying to figure out where to move my family to. I have two kids age 3 and 5 and we are looking primarily for a mix of great schools, low crime, restaurant options, with a diverse population. Our range is between 350 - 380k but if you ask my wife, she would say a fixer upper below 320k.

We both work from home, so no commute issues but would like to be able to go into the city on occasion.

Easy access to grocery, drug store, hiking locations would be a big plus.

ALSO would be very interested in being near some highways - that being said, I know Alpharetta/Johns Creek does not have a major highway, so that would be considered.

Thank you!
Andrew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 05:39 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,012,322 times
You're partially mistaken. Most of Alpharetta is within a moderately short drive (in terms of distance) to GA 400, which is a major highway (not an interstate, but a major highway nonetheless)

You are correct that John's Creek is not close to a major highway.

Roswell or east Cobb might scratch your itch for hiking. I would start looking in Roswell along the Chattahoochee river. The Big Creek Greenway is located on the east side of Roswell, and there are several Chattahoochee nature preserves within a 15 minute drive of that location as well.

No need to worry about easy access to grocery stores.... we have Publix (a favorite of you Floridians), Kroger, Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Ingles, Earth's Fare, and Sprouts. T Most drug stores are CVS and Walgreens. Then there's the Super Walmarts, Super Targets, Walmart market stores, Sam's Club and Costco and BJ's clubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta