Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2017, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 910 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving into the Centennial Park District in either the Museum Towers or Centennial Park West. Both seem like great buildings with access to all that part of town has to offer. I would love to know more about each building and any information that anyone can offer. We love the amenities at Museum Tower but wonder how the traffic will be affected by the Post Apartments. Centennial Park West is right across from the park so we wonder about noise. Both seem like great investments will all of the development coming to the district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 09:17 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,801,673 times
I am in the process of moving downtown myself and very bullish on its future.

I have a co-worker that lives in Museum Towers and I have been in their unit. It quite nice and has a great view. They seem happy with the building and have been there several years now. I don't know as much about Centennial Park West but it looks nice from the outside.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:26 PM

454 posts, read 817,343 times
I would also be interested to know about Centennial park West, we have considered buying a small condo in the building as an investment/weekday place.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:24 PM

508 posts, read 1,082,003 times
Seems like a smart move. Lots of investment starting to come to downtown Atlanta, and if Amazon comes to ATL, the area will positively explode. Regardless of Amazon though, the area is obviously headed in a positive direction, and the area around Centennial park stands to benefit the most.

Biggest issue is the lack of a walkable major grocery store currently, though there's a large walgreens at Woodruff Park.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:19 PM

Underground Atlanta is supposed to be getting a grocery store with it's redevelopment. I also have already switched to getting a lot of my groceries delivered from Amazon Now or Instacart through. It is great to just have groceries show up at your door and not have to deal with the hastles of lugging stuff to and from the supermarket.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:38 PM

1,057 posts, read 861,553 times
CPW is in an awesome location. Right across from Teds and the tabernacle. Units in that building don’t seem to be put up for sale often tho. I looked at one a couple of years ago. Nice enough. There are no amenities if remember correctly. It’s the location that’s the selling point obviously.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:27 AM

475 posts, read 679,644 times
While beyond my apartment years, I really like the look of Post Centennial. What I like most is that each structure in the development, which covers many, many blocks, is designed to compliment the pre-existing building(s) closest to it. Yet, the entire project blends very well.

-The portion running along Baker with Museum Tower has the same pattern/colors of Museum Tower (up to and including the yellowish brickwork around the top).

-The portion that shares an intersection with the Center for Civil and Human Rights has the same brick/stone colors as the CCHR mosaic.

-The portion that corners W. Peachtree and Williams shares the same colors/brick as the other apartment building across from it.

Very well done, and I'm going to assume it was intentional.

I still don't like that there are only entrances and exits along the street that runs through the middle, Simpson. Could have had some great porch/stairs/sidewalk connectivity all the way around. As it is built, you just walk past very long multi-block walls, and a few fire/emergency exit doors. If you need to get "in" - you're going to Simpson.

Moving to Centennial Park District-post3.jpg
Moving to Centennial Park District-post2.jpg
Moving to Centennial Park District-post1.jpg

pics are mine

Last edited by gold15; 03-20-2018 at 11:36 AM..

Old 03-20-2018, 12:33 PM

221 posts, read 188,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCox1 View Post
We are thinking of moving into the Centennial Park District in either the Museum Towers or Centennial Park West. Both seem like great buildings with access to all that part of town has to offer. I would love to know more about each building and any information that anyone can offer. We love the amenities at Museum Tower but wonder how the traffic will be affected by the Post Apartments. Centennial Park West is right across from the park so we wonder about noise. Both seem like great investments will all of the development coming to the district.
Not entirely familiar with this area specifically, but I recommend anyone that lives intown really be flexible regarding noise. It's really hilarious when you see people live in these types of areas complain that the street noise is too loud.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxdiamond View Post
Not entirely familiar with this area specifically, but I recommend anyone that lives intown really be flexible regarding noise. It's really hilarious when you see people live in these types of areas complain that the street noise is too loud.
It depends on the building. Most of the newer ones do a really amazing job of sound insulation. I was in a highrise in the middle of Midtown and while you could barely carry a conversation on the patio outside with a fire truck going by you could hear a pin drop inside with the door closed. But yeah, it is something you want to defiantly tour the place in advance and listen for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: