Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 05:17 PM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I don 't know...the more I think about it, the more sense it makes sense, really. I see Atlanta becoming more and more showbizzy by the day.
Yep. I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 09:27 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Yep. I agree.
Same! My high school friend is a top agent (actually is an owner and employs agents) in LA and their agency was here in Atlanta for the first time ever in December holding meetings. They are considering opening an office here due to so much business happening here.

The Grammy's and other venues being held here are not that far fetched.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Who cares? If your song is good you make good money. If not you don't. If you're making bank do you really need someone to pat you on the head and say "Here's you blue ribbon for coming in first place." The whole premise behind adult award shows is so childish.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:15 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I don 't know...the more I think about it, the more sense it makes sense, really. I see Atlanta becoming more and more showbizzy by the day.

Perhaps. Just more fluff and idiocy the way I see.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:25 PM

3 posts, read 2,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
[url]https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/8096600/grammys-atlanta-2019[/url]

Look at the current Billboard Hot 100 chart. Two of the top three songs have Atlanta talent front and center: Young Thug co-writing and rapping on Camila Cabello’s “Havana” in the top spot, and 21 Savage at No. 3 on Post Malone’s “Rockstar.”

“Every major music company in New York and Los Angeles has a version in Nashville. These people believe in Atlanta for its culture but not its economic power.

“Go to New York or Los Angeles and there are music billboards all over town,” he says. I have yet to see that happen in Atlanta — local companies using 2 Chainz?

I have a song called ‘Welcome to Atlanta.’ If my song was ‘Welcome to New York’ and I lived in New York and the song was as big as it is? I’d have 10 deals. Atlanta is still in a learning mode.”
I could see it. You know why LA and NYC are involved? Radio. The talent is really from nowehre near those places. And guess what, less people listen to radio each month and less people buy music each year. In fact the music industry and radio are headed for a nasty fight.

But I don't think Atlanta would want it, sadly, and given it's Atlanta it would wind up very ghetto with like gunshots fired during it or something. Better to put it in Nashville.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameolo View Post
But I don't think Atlanta would want it, sadly, and given it's Atlanta it would wind up very ghetto with like gunshots fired during it or something. Better to put it in Nashville.
Except Nashville has a higher violent crime rate than Atlanta. And there have been several instances of shootings during awards shows in the LA area. And one of the biggest music festivals in New Orleans, the Essence Festival, has never had to deal with shootings. The Grammys isn't an event where shootings are an issue.

But hey, don't let facts get in your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta