Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 6,388 times

Advertisements

Hello - I know this is a old tread I stumbled on but have a question.

I lived in Farmington Hills, MI for 10 years. Last year we moved to Buffalo and are considering to move once again to peachtree city, GA.

You may have already moved or not moved. I want to learn, if possible, on what you decided.

My wife is a doctor and she got a great job there but we are slightly doubt ful as it is on the south side.

Thanks,
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,139 times
Is there any Retirement community for senior Indians who have worked in USA and now retired? We are persons of Indian origin, worked whole life and now retired. Looking for retirement community in Atlanta area.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:39 AM

2 posts, read 5,812 times
HEllo

We are planning to move Savannah , GA near Gulfstream. Could you please let us know where the Indians live near by.

Thanks
Kavitha.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:11 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,804 times
If you were to retire to the Orlando area - I could help you out with a good retirement community with Indians, unfortunately I know of none in Savannah or Atlanta.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,579 times
Default Moving to Savannah , GA near Gulfstream

Hello Everyone. We are planning to move Savannah , GA near Gulfstream. Could you please let us know where the Indians live near by and what are the area safe for living. I have 5 years old son so i am also looking good school nearby.

Thanks
Mirtunjay

Old 04-23-2015, 05:37 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,031,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtunjay View Post
Hello Everyone. We are planning to move Savannah , GA near Gulfstream. Could you please let us know where the Indians live near by and what are the area safe for living. I have 5 years old son so i am also looking good school nearby.

Thanks
Mirtunjay
You should probably post this in the Savannah subforum.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,003 times
Hi all,

Glad I found this thread. We are a family of three. Myself , my husband who would be working in Downtown Atlanta 30313 & our five month old son. We will be relocating all the way from Rhode Island to Atlanta. And, looking to reside in Indian Community. Please let us know safe area/apartments with indian families living in. We also need a place close to hospitals (pediatrician), indian grocery shop, near to Marta.

Appreciate your help and assistance.

Thanks
Monika.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,945 times
you can try Shandy Spring area.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:35 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,489,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmukhe2 View Post
Hi all,

Glad I found this thread. We are a family of three. Myself , my husband who would be working in Downtown Atlanta 30313 & our five month old son. We will be relocating all the way from Rhode Island to Atlanta. And, looking to reside in Indian Community. Please let us know safe area/apartments with indian families living in. We also need a place close to hospitals (pediatrician), indian grocery shop, near to Marta.

Appreciate your help and assistance.

Thanks
Monika.
One place that comes to mind is a cluster of apartments near the intersection of North Decatur Road and Decatur Industrial Way in the Decatur 30033 zip code with a very heavy concentration of Indian families in an area of Indian services very near the DeKalb Medical Center hospital complex and not too far from the Avondale MARTA Station.

Another location that comes to mind is a cluster of apartments with a heavy concentration of Indian families in the Dunwoody area north of Perimeter Mall that is not too terribly far away from the massive "Pill Hill" complex of hospitals anchored by Northside Hospital-Atlanta. This area has great access to MARTA by way of the Dunwoody and Sandy Springs MARTA stations.

You could also check in areas like Sandy Springs and Chamblee where there are large concentrations of apartments with heavy concentrations of Indian families in areas with good access to MARTA stations.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:46 PM

78 posts, read 81,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap02423 View Post
Folks

I live in Farmington Hills,MI my current employer has office in Peachtree City,GA and I am exploring possibility of a different position in the Georgia office. Here is my problem

In Michigan, we are used to living in a place with a dozen indian restruants within a couple of miles, several hundred Indian families close by and atleast a dozen indian grocery stores within half a mile. So my family want to be in similar localities in the Atlanta area as well. My wife is stay at home and is comfortable only with such localities

Based on my research through web, it appears as Asian Indian community is more pre-dominant in the Northern part of Atlanta which will be more than an hour's drive to my PTC office.

Are there any cities with Asian Indian Community closer to Peachtree City,GA>
The Koreans and Indian South Asian community has a heavy presence around Fulton County. If you aim towards Duluth, Johns Creek, or Alpharetta then you will see many successful people living in gated communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta