Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 03:53 PM
bu2

23,907 posts, read 14,695,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
The sand and water are prettier in the panhandle for sure. But the Georgia islands are MUCH MUCH nicer than Galveston or any other beach in the upper reaches of Texas. Mustang Island in Corpus is getting closer but still, much of the Texas gulf coast is not on the level of anything in Florida, Georgia or Carolinas. Corpus is a good 8 to 9 hour drive from DFW.

Where the low country beaches trump the panhandle beaches.... the low country itself. So much more interesting stuff to see and do away from the beach. In the panhandle, there is the beach and not much else
Georgia beaches don't have much in the way of "interesting stuff to see and do."

The Florida panhandle has a lot of stuff. So does Galveston, but, of course, its hardly a great beach.

As a beach, Charleston isn't much better than Galveston.

As far as drive time, because you have to take all the side roads, the Florida panhandle is about the same distance in time from Atlanta as Corpus is from Dallas.

Now I will say that I like the Florida panhandle better than Padre Island. The water is usually nice and there is "interesting stuff to see and do." Padre is beach without much development and generally has murky water.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:09 PM

651 posts, read 470,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Georgia beaches don't have much in the way of "interesting stuff to see and do."

The Florida panhandle has a lot of stuff. So does Galveston, but, of course, its hardly a great beach.

As a beach, Charleston isn't much better than Galveston.

As far as drive time, because you have to take all the side roads, the Florida panhandle is about the same distance in time from Atlanta as Corpus is from Dallas.

Now I will say that I like the Florida panhandle better than Padre Island. The water is usually nice and there is "interesting stuff to see and do." Padre is beach without much development and generally has murky water.
You are literally just being contrary just to knock down Atlanta.

As someone who grew up very close to the panhandle there isn’t all that much to see outside generic beach tourist stuff and some chains like Joes Crab Shack.

Stop it.

No is going to go to Tybee or Savannah and with an honest face say Pensacola or Panama has more going on outside the beach unless you looking to go to a overpriced generic club during Panama Spring Break.

Corpus Christi is 411 miles from Dallas while Panama is under 300. Even with backroads that is still at least hour difference.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:38 PM

776 posts, read 1,056,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post

As someone who grew up very close to the panhandle there isn’t all that much to see outside generic beach tourist stuff and some chains like Joes Crab Shack.

Stop it.

No is going to go to Tybee or Savannah and with an honest face say Pensacola or Panama has more going on outside the beach unless you looking to go to a overpriced generic club during Panama Spring Break.

Corpus Christi is 411 miles from Dallas while Panama is under 300. Even with backroads that is still at least hour difference.

I agree....
Hmmm...Joes Crack Shack or THE CRAB SHACK.....
That's an easy one. NOW with that said, Florida does have more braces and more corny things to do but I don't see where the panhandle is any better than GA, SC or even TX beaches.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:56 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,992,840 times
As someone who has been to pretty much all of the beaches mentioned....

I find it spectacularly difficult to believe that anybody is legitimately trying to argue that any of them can even hold a candle to Florida's panhandle. Some beaches in South Carolina....maybe, if your preference is for the Atlantic over the Gulf.

But Tybee Island? Padre Island? That REALLY makes me laugh!!!!!

Old 03-28-2018, 07:38 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,850,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Atlanta is pretty lacking for a city its size in the visual arts as well as the fine arts (symphony, ballet, etc.).
General music it is not lacking in.
I just saw this. Dismissing our amazing Symphony in this manner, you have lost all credibility with any and all things cultural in Atlanta.

This is extremely insulting.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:42 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,850,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
And there you go intentionally and blatantly LYING yet again saying that I am saying that you are trying to build a case against your wife when you know that I have called you out repeatedly for TRYING TO BUILD A CASE AGAINST ATLANTA TO PRESENT TO YOUR WIFE. You are just trying distort away from the fact that you started a troll thread to do so on YOUR OWN TROLL THREAD...that YOU started.

Nobody is having to "guess" anything about you because you have already stated numerous times that you would rather move to Dallas over Atlanta. You were abundantly transparent about that fact early on as was demonstrated earlier on this thread.

You even have "Tampa, FL - For NOW" listed as your location status, so you cannot credibly deny that you are trying to move out of Tampa after stating that you "don't like it so much" in Tampa after a year in and would rather move to Dallas while your wife wants to move to Atlanta.

If you were not trying to move out of Tampa, you would not be trolling the Atlanta forum for every last bit of negative information that you can find to attempt to persuade your wife to move to Dallas where you want to move to when you do leave Tampa in what appears likely will be in the not-too-distant future.

But alas, after saying early on in this thread that you and your wife both "don't like Tampa", now all of the sudden Tampa "is fine" before admitting again that "Tampa lacks a lot of what you are looking for." You are a walking book of lies and contradictions who cannot seem to get his story straight after being called out on your openly stated true intentions early on.

You are very much right that people are generally "pretty fun and friendly in Atlanta"... We just don't like people using our city as troll bait so that they can fulfill some kind of misguided personal agenda at our expense.

Worse yet, we don't like people eagerly thinking that they can easily get away with coming here and blatantly insulting our intelligence to our faces by using our city as troll bait to fulfill their misguided personal agendas. You really need to take that mess somewhere else. Try that kind of crass stunt on the forum of your beloved Dallas and see what their reaction would be. They would run you off of that board pretty quick over there.

Like I stated before, I don't know why you seem to think that you can come here to the Atlanta forum, basically insult us and our city to our faces with loaded negative questions on a troll thread and not expect any kind of pushback whatsoever. For whatever reason you must seem to think that we are a bunch of suckers up here that you can pull a fast one on in a misguided attempt to prove some kind of perverted point to your wife.

You and anyone else is more than welcome to make a legitimate (and respectful) inquiry into what life is like in Atlanta, especially if you really, truly would like to move here.

But the thing that you and anyone else most certainly are not welcome to do is to come here and blatantly disrespect us and our city to our faces by attempting to insult our intelligence by opening up a troll thread and mining for every last bit of negative information that you can use against the city in a disagreement with your wife with loaded questions like "Is the ATL dirty, rundown, full of strip malls, trash, trailer parks, tire shops and pawn shops?"

You can keep going back-and-forth with me on this issue if you want... But the more that you keep going back-and-forth with me, the more that you are revealed to have an obvious agenda with this troll thread that you clearly started to mine for as much negative information as is possible about Atlanta that you can use to steer your wife towards wanting to move to Dallas.

Just a little reminder of some of your original statements for the next time that you attempt to blatantly lie and distort the facts about your clearly stated agenda...

"What are families most complained about problems living in ATL Metro"
http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...-problems.html
I have to agree, B2R.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:50 PM

10,737 posts, read 13,302,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post

Stop it.

That’s funny. The panhandle is so much more than Panama City and Pensacola.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:19 PM

11,690 posts, read 7,859,319 times
My personal opinion on it all is why would anyone move to Atlanta OR Dallas just to be close to a beach?

1 hour difference to either destination isn't a deal breaker for either location. You can easily spend that on I-285 alone, or you can sit in Houston traffic.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that they're accessible, but it would be ridiculous to base your choice of living areas just because one area is a whole hour away from the beach when neither city is a beachfront town nor is it even intended or advertised to be anything local to water.

I didn't come to Atlanta for beach property.

Now if you like Atlanta for Atlanta then that is great but throwing in the whole beach argument just makes it look like you're grasping for straws... something like that would work alot better in Florida or California.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:24 PM

1,708 posts, read 3,409,220 times
#1 Traffic

#2 Being married

Old 03-28-2018, 10:24 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,992,840 times
Quote:
My personal opinion on it all is why would anyone move to Atlanta OR Dallas just to be close to a beach?
Especially for someone coming from Tampa who won't drive 9 miles to go to Clearwater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta