U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 06:16 AM

22,147 posts, read 16,147,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
modcut

More open than last year (and the Omni hotel is now open), but I suspect even more stuff is coming. And there's some construction still going on at the front part of the Battery, so I don't know if that's just apartments, or what.

Then the other thing I expect in time is that changes will be coming to the Galleria retail area, which is just cross the pedestrian bridge. Battery South, if you will.

Clearly the difference is that I've been watching the games, exerting my good mojo. I didn't have TV at home last year, now I do.

Yeah, well I didn't claim it was, ok?

You're not my real dad!
Has transit began running across the 285 bridge?

Last edited by Beretta; 06-17-2018 at 08:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 06:50 AM

5,940 posts, read 2,904,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Has transit began running across the 285 bridge?
I haven't heard or seen anything about it. I don't think so, but I don't know.

Having walked across that bridge a couple of times, I know the space reserved for it is definitely there.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:40 AM

1,255 posts, read 1,106,414 times
The pedestrian bridge is a pretty short walk, no real need for transit to cross.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:23 AM

2,325 posts, read 3,549,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
You are right Primaltech, I live in the sub division right off of Circle 75 so its a 10 minute walk from my door. I thought that I would be stuck coming and going during game times, but last year no issues whatsoever (hoping it stays that way). I am a Yankees fan but I've been to several games, as well as just sitting by the pavilion watching from the big screen.

I only have three more wishes; (1) the Braves were an AL team so I can see the Yankees at least 6x a year (2) some more of the stores fill up soon (3) they build a Trader Joes in the vacant plot up off Cobb Parkway.

My neighbor works at The Battery and she tells me that Fresh Market is still in discussions of opening there. Also, many/most of the empty stores are leased but openings have been delayed for whatever reason

Old 04-06-2018, 03:02 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,230,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtloucks View Post
As a baseball condesuer....lol... let me say this. Y'all have the best park that I've been to. I have been to many. I have lived all over the country and been to baseball in Arlington, Chicago (both), MN, Baltimore, DC, Denver, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Boston, Tampa, and a few others.... this isn't to say that other stadiums aren't nice but we went to opening day at SunTrust this year and we so impressed with not only the park itself, but the total game experience. MY WIFE son and I say in 111 row 1 and had the time of our lives. Everything from the pregame honors to the game winning homerun and every tomahawk chop in between. The people were friendly; the crowd was into it, the fan experience was engaging, and even the wall home in the pouring rain didn't seem to bother anyone.... good job ATL.made me want to live there.....and hopefully will be going t9 mpre games up there soon!
Yeah, thereís a great vibe at the stadium that we just love. My kids also enjoyed this yearís addition of the DJ spinning records betweeen innings and the accompanying break dancers! The people around us at the last game were dancing around and having a great time, and we had some great conversations with the senior citizens next to us and the group of millennials in front of us. Also, the pregame atmosphere in the Battery is just awesome, so much more vibrant than Turner Field. I actually decided to buy a multi-game package this year and will be going to many more games.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:05 PM

I just got me some tickets for a game in May. Seats look great. 10% work discount is pretty sweet.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:31 AM

3,442 posts, read 2,817,865 times
Iíll admit, I wasnít for the move, but the new stadium is really better, and Summerhill isnít being left behind with nothing so Iím good. The Battery still needs some type of real transit connection though (not some poor Cobblinc route). Cumberland could really be better than Perimeter if it had transit.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:20 AM

1,255 posts, read 1,106,414 times
Lemonis Sours on Sweet Pete's, Goes With Outdoors Retailers Erehwon & Overton's Instead

Tomorrow's News Today - Atlanta: Lemonis Sours on Sweet Pete's, Goes With Outdoors Retailers Erehwon & Overton's Instead

Old 05-02-2018, 07:15 PM

These Braves are doing great. 7-0 in 8th inning against the Mets. 6 more outs and we're about to be on top of the division.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:17 PM

Damn bullpen! Really enjoyed the game tonight, though. My first game at STP, finally. Weather was good and everything. Stadium is super nice, I like how old-timey it looked with the rafters. And not a bad seat in the house. Attendance looked good tonight. Probably at least 30,000+.

And actually you CAN totally see the Atlanta skyline clearly from the seats between various buildings and scoreboards, both Midtown and Buckhead. So that's cool. Just have to be on the upper levels.

Getting in and out of the area was easy. Parking was cheap and easy. Got in the car, 5 minutes later I was already home.

The Battery really added a great atmosphere around as you're walking up to the gates.

All in all, enjoyed it much better than Turner.

And the Braves are in 1st place, despite the loss tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or