U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 07:11 AM

513 posts, read 1,399,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Now, all these outlandish theories on Twitter and other areas when they have enough to deal with the death of their son.
Exactly. Not that his parents are on here reading our thoughts, but I think about someone like Alex Jones saying the school shooting at Sandy Hook was not as explained. You have to be a cynical moron to believe it's anything other than what really happened, but it's also pretty sick that the parents of those kids have to hear such nonsense. I'm open to new details as they come with this drowning, but to automatically jump to him being murdered for his thoughts on vaccinations, etc. is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 07:26 AM

20,893 posts, read 32,892,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
It's the Chattahoochee.

If you are more than 3 feet tall and can stand, you can't drown in most of it. We don't know exactly which portion of the river it was on, but if you can even doggie paddle, you ain't drowning in the hooch unless you're one of those unfortunate souls that gets stuck under a fallen tree during a water release.

But that's usually only little kids and drunk people.
1. The man went missing in February, so hypothermia would almost certainly be a factor.
2. The report said that the body was difficult to recover due to strong currents in that part of the river.

Last edited by Iconographer; 04-06-2018 at 08:43 AM..

Old 04-06-2018, 10:02 AM

28,113 posts, read 24,639,595 times
It seems unusual that Cunningham told a neighbor to tell his wife to erase his phone number from her phone on the day before he disappeared.

That could be interpreted in different ways but to me it sounds like someone who is experiencing emotional pain.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:10 PM

7,687 posts, read 9,530,024 times
Nobody is ever going to convince me that a man with this intelligence and the ability to obtain drugs to kill himself painlessly or buy a gun would kill himself by jumping into the Chattahoochee River.

If he wanted to do that, he'd at least fly to San Francisco and jump of the Golden Gate. I don't believe it for a second, that's a moronic way to kill yourself and this guy wasn't a moron.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:14 PM

20,893 posts, read 32,892,157 times
Quote:
Nobody is ever going to convince me that a man with this intelligence and the ability to obtain drugs to kill himself painlessly or buy a gun would kill himself by jumping into the Chattahoochee River.

If he wanted to do that, he'd at least fly to San Francisco and jump of the Golden Gate. I don't believe it for a second, that's a moronic way to kill yourself and this guy wasn't a moron.
It would seem that you are not well acquainted with the vagaries of the human heart.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:05 PM

21,493 posts, read 26,089,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6617e1.htm

Not saying this is what happened, but what's being thrown out there is that this particular study of his ruffled some feathers. They're saying this was his round about way of getting the CDC back into researching the causes of gun violence and gun deaths under the guise of mortality rates among minorties, which after 1996 they had been banned from doing because of pressure from the NRA.

Can't find any links to any of his vaccine studies, but they were on social media a few weeks ago, can't find them now, which is interesting in of itself too. People can put anything in social media, but if it's not legit then why hide it?

I'm not saying one way or the other what happened, none of us where there so we dont know. But looking at his background and the stuff he was involved in, it at least warrants an extra look IMO. This wasn't some regular joe, he wasn't even a regular joe working at the CDC, this guy was involved in some things that are heavy.
Whose feathers got ruffled? I fail to see anything controversial in the MMWR article.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/05/healt...und/index.html

"As days went on [after his disappearance], internet rumors circulated that the case was tied to his alleged role as a flu vaccine whistle-blower. The rumors were debunked by police and his family."

The family had also received some calls and texts from him that concerned them and which they have chosen not to make public.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:09 PM

21,493 posts, read 26,089,700 times
Quote:
It's the Chattahoochee.

If you are more than 3 feet tall and can stand, you can't drown in most of it. We don't know exactly which portion of the river it was on, but if you can even doggie paddle, you ain't drowning in the hooch unless you're one of those unfortunate souls that gets stuck under a fallen tree during a water release.

But that's usually only little kids and drunk people.
https://www.google.com/search?q=chat...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 04-06-2018, 03:29 PM

42 posts, read 19,141 times
Many can’t accept that he may have been suffering from severe depression so sadly, his family will be dogged by the conspiracy theorists for years to come. It’s the perfect storm when you combine this with vaccine/science skeptics.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:44 PM

362 posts, read 159,204 times
It's laughable that people think this wasn't a suicide. Every single piece of evidence screams suicide and there isn't even a wiff of foul play. Let the ignorant yell on....

Old 04-06-2018, 10:11 PM

110 posts, read 31,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
This is the stuff that Conspiracy Theories are made of.
Sometimes competent, intelligent people may well for whatever reason call it a day.
This may well be the case here.
No conspiracy theories on my end, I'm simply suggesting that things can appear one way, but really mean something else. Blame it on my criminal justice background where it's literally been my job to not take things at face value, and too many episodes of Forensic Files haha. I like to weigh all options that's all.

Anyway, I find it somewhat tacky to deliberate over how he died so I wouldn't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or