Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 06:03 PM

198 posts, read 148,864 times

Advertisements

Yeah it's not like it's a huge bridge there to just jump over. Someone dumped his body there. Even if he did commit suicide it wouldn't make sense to do it in the river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 06:15 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,051,626 times
Quote:
maybe he couldn't swim, which would make jumping in, essentially suicide.
It's the Chattahoochee.

If you are more than 3 feet tall and can stand, you can't drown in most of it. We don't know exactly which portion of the river it was on, but if you can even doggie paddle, you ain't drowning in the hooch unless you're one of those unfortunate souls that gets stuck under a fallen tree during a water release.

But that's usually only little kids and drunk people.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:16 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,257,109 times
Yeah, fair point.

Still very possibly suicide.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:28 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Link to the NRA and "questioning vaccines"?
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6617e1.htm

Not saying this is what happened, but what's being thrown out there is that this particular study of his ruffled some feathers. They're saying this was his round about way of getting the CDC back into researching the causes of gun violence and gun deaths under the guise of mortality rates among minorties, which after 1996 they had been banned from doing because of pressure from the NRA.

Can't find any links to any of his vaccine studies, but they were on social media a few weeks ago, can't find them now, which is interesting in of itself too. People can put anything in social media, but if it's not legit then why hide it?

I'm not saying one way or the other what happened, none of us where there so we dont know. But looking at his background and the stuff he was involved in, it at least warrants an extra look IMO. This wasn't some regular joe, he wasn't even a regular joe working at the CDC, this guy was involved in some things that are heavy.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:11 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,394 times

Old 04-05-2018, 08:27 PM

11,782 posts, read 7,995,430 times
I personally have worked several high end jobs with very well known Fortune 100 corporations (although nothing remotely close to his level) and I will say even if they paycheck looks good and the career looks fantastic things on the inside can still rip you away the same as they would anyone else. You can make all the money you want but money and fame can't solve everything, and if there was anything inside him growing more and more to a hopeless cause that he felt completely alone or unable to fix for the rest of his career or life, it can still happen.

God bless his family
May he R.I.P

Old 04-05-2018, 10:51 PM

761 posts, read 906,640 times
I found this story suspicious from the beginning, but I do remember an interview with his parents shortly after his disappearance, and they had talked to him a day before he went missing. They didn't go into details, but said they immediately left their out of state home when they couldn't reach him, and drove straight to Atlanta. Apparently they had received some concerning messages from him, and said he was having some personal and professional problems. It sounded like they were worried about his mental state. Such a tragedy. He was so bright and accomplished. I feel so sorry for his friends and family to receive such horrible news.

11alive.com | Missing CDC scientist's father: There were some concerning messages before his disappearance

Old 04-05-2018, 11:27 PM

11,782 posts, read 7,995,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC Dad View Post
I found this story suspicious from the beginning, but I do remember an interview with his parents shortly after his disappearance, and they had talked to him a day before he went missing. They didn't go into details, but said they immediately left their out of state home when they couldn't reach him, and drove straight to Atlanta. Apparently they had received some concerning messages from him, and said he was having some personal and professional problems. It sounded like they were worried about his mental state. Such a tragedy. He was so bright and accomplished. I feel so sorry for his friends and family to receive such horrible news.

11alive.com | Missing CDC scientist's father: There were some concerning messages before his disappearance
That truly is heartbreaking.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:34 AM

513 posts, read 1,631,918 times
Very sad. It seems like this man was doing some fascinating work at the CDC. Peace to his family.

Conspiracy theories. They drive me NUTS like "fake" news. First post I saw on FB yesterday was someone saying, "I don't care what anyone says, this guy was killed." I mean, how do you deal with people like that? I'm not going to say it's a stretch he was dumped there (if you had no information other than a body), but from what the police are saying and his own family reported I don't see murder as being the first thing someone thinks about.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:12 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantamoi View Post
Very sad. It seems like this man was doing some fascinating work at the CDC. Peace to his family.

Conspiracy theories. They drive me NUTS like "fake" news. First post I saw on FB yesterday was someone saying, "I don't care what anyone says, this guy was killed." I mean, how do you deal with people like that? I'm not going to say it's a stretch he was dumped there (if you had no information other than a body), but from what the police are saying and his own family reported I don't see murder as being the first thing someone thinks about.
They watch too much tv. They are making this case out to be an episode of "The Americans" in Atlanta.

From what I've seen reported, it seems fair to assume that the family figured that he killed himself due to some issues in his life that they wish to keep private.

Now, all these outlandish theories on Twitter and other areas when they have enough to deal with the death of their son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta