Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2018, 04:54 AM

274 posts, read 860,397 times

Advertisements

I'm looking a agent that's willing to work with someone who's a first time home owner that does not have " deep pockets"

I'm having a hard time finding a home because when you put in a offer your competing with 4, 5 sometime 10 people and some are offering 10 to $15 k over the asking price. Most agents I encountered are not interested in someone that's not buying at least a $200k home.

Has ATL area turned into CA crazy ? Have the investors taken over ATL with their massive bank acts ? If there are any agents out there willing to work with a pre qual under 200k buyer please reply for details. Please, if your not an agent DO NOT REPLY.

Signed:

Frustrated home seeker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 05:48 AM

55 posts, read 79,674 times
Have you thought about using Redfin and working with their agents? It will also save you money.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:10 AM

333 posts, read 388,163 times
Cobb,

Believe me. I understand, in-deed, live your frustration. Working with buyers and sellers is how we earn our living and I am afraid that your assessment is spot-on. Offers from cash buyers typically have fewer contingencies, higher earnest money deposits and can close sooner, often making them more attractive to a seller than one from a buyer using mortgage financing. Buyers are competing with cash buyers on homes priced up $300K (maybe even higher), but also the international cash buyer owner-occupant, investors, and other cash buyers. In addition, owners who might otherwise sell, are avoiding doing so for fear of having to compete against multiple cash buyers on the purchase of their new home. And all of that adds up to limited supply against very strong demand.

Still, buyers are buying homes for owner occupancy using mortgage financing. For what it is worth, you might try looking into HUD-owned Homes, HomePath Homes and others that are hands off to investors in favor of owner occupants for a limited period of time. Unfortunately, the choices there have also been slim and highly competitive among owner occupant buyers who are facing the same dilemma. Also have your agent call a few for sale by owners (FSBOs) since those properties are not as easily found by investors who search for investment properties over the internet. Also, some agent sites have a way of alerting potential home buyers via email as soon as a property hits the market. Get to the property and then get in your strongest offer the same day that it lists in MLS to stand the best chance at winning.

Lastly, just be resilient. The 2018 spring selling season is just kicking off. And believe it or not, some emotionally attached homeowners would prefer to sell to an individual who they believe will continue to love an honor their house (it's no longer a home to them) as much as they have over the years. Hang in there and you'll soon be a Metro Atlanta Homeowner too.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:10 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Please do not post Realtor information on the forum. Please contact the OP Directly via DM with recommendations. Questions? Please review the TOS and other links in my signature line below or send me a DM. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta